Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 10:13 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,571,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Hinduism is not going to help. The religion is full of superstition. My former dil's parents are Hindu and they believe in astrology (choose the first letter of her children's names for her according to the stars). Her dad gave up all meat in order to *cure* the grandson's autism. It hasn't worked, but hey, he thinks it is doing some good, I guess.
yup, again.

all belief systems have literalism and dishonest people. The lack of a singular focal point helps with idolatry. But also makes it divisive. So, in the end, I aint shore, So life is still a beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 10:39 AM

98 posts, read 100,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Hinduism is not going to help. The religion is full of superstition. My former dil's parents are Hindu and they believe in astrology (choose the first letter of her children's names for her according to the stars). Her dad gave up all meat in order to *cure* the grandson's autism. It hasn't worked, but hey, he thinks it is doing some good, I guess.
There is so much intellectualism among all you that makes true spirituallity an impossible task.
It has nothing to do with what religion you follow, it is a matter of your inner desire, a need that cannot be explained.
It is an unfulfilled cry that God fulfills in His time, not your ego wants, yes, you have to face the truth about your ugly natures,
and few are willing to face themselves honestly, so they stay as ugly as they are deceive themselves.
Face the truth and the truth will change your fallen natures.
Children are mislead by parents that dont know what love is, they either spoil them or are too strict with them and confuse their chance to grow up and follow their natural inner path.
Quit all the intellectual stuff you all blabber about and simply be still in your noisy thoughts
and you will understand what it means ti "be still and know".

Have a good day you all.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:52 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madera23 View Post
There is so much intellectualism among all you that makes true spirituallity an impossible task.
It has nothing to do with what religion you follow, it is a matter of your inner desire, a need that cannot be explained.
It is an unfulfilled cry that God fulfills in His time, not your ego wants, yes, you have to face the truth about your ugly natures,
and few are willing to face themselves honestly, so they stay as ugly as they are deceive themselves.
Face the truth and the truth will change your fallen natures.
Children are mislead by parents that dont know what love is, they either spoil them or are too strict with them and confuse their chance to grow up and follow their natural inner path.
Quit all the intellectual stuff you all blabber about and simply be still in your noisy thoughts
and you will understand what it means ti "be still and know".

Have a good day you all.
Well, I guess all you Atheistic tall foreheads with your multisyllablic, intellekshul posts are just out of luck, spirituality-wise.

That'll learn ya'.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:10 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,184,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Well, I guess all you Atheistic tall foreheads with your multisyllablic, intellekshul posts are just out of luck, spirituality-wise.

That'll learn ya'.

I is intellekshul enough to know that madera23 has come right close to, if not crossed over, the line for 'preaching' on this forum.
I've let it go but I've heard enough to suggest anymore best go to the R&S board.

Old 06-30-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

That'll learn ya'.

I'm a theist, that 'll learn yearn ya'.

Old 06-30-2015, 02:12 PM

605 posts, read 704,651 times
Lol, as if I've never heard that one before... to sum it up "You're too smart for your own good!"

Old 06-30-2015, 04:38 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,213,959 times
Quote:
I'm a theist, that 'll learn yearn ya'.
Yep...he knew that.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:14 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,347,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annilyna View Post
Lol, as if I've never heard that one before... to sum it up "You're too smart for your own good!"
Jimmy Swaggart once proclaimed on his old TV show that he thanked the Lord Almighty for not making him smart. It turned out to be just about the smartest thing he ever said.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:20 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,347,738 times
Quote:
perhaps you will change your mind one day.
I did change my mind one day. I was raised Christian but when I was thirteen years old I realized that Christianity is too silly and full of holes to have any realistic chance of being true. When that happened I suddenly found myself an atheist. I had never met an atheist, but I realized I was one.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Jimmy Swaggart once proclaimed on his old TV show that he thanked the Lord Almighty for not making him smart. It turned out to be just about the smartest thing he ever said.
I could'nt stand Swaggart or any of those preachers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism