Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2013, 10:27 AM

5,537 posts, read 7,119,296 times

Advertisements

I think I just figured out how Noah managed the bilge pumps during all that heavy rain.

How can Noah's Ark being even remotely plausible?-noahs-bilge-pumps.bmp

Old 02-26-2013, 08:38 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,394,742 times
As my mother used to say, "You either believe the Bible and its fairytales on faith or you don't believe it at all."

It's beyond belief to me that anyone believes the Bible as the literal truth when it's patently obvious it's fiction. But try telling that to anyone to lives their life by it.

A waste of time. And it surely gives the delusional much comfort. And that is the essence of it all.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:26 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,331,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
As my mother used to say, "You either believe the Bible and its fairytales on faith or you don't believe it at all."

It's beyond belief to me that anyone believes the Bible as the literal truth when it's patently obvious it's fiction. But try telling that to anyone to lives their life by it.

A waste of time. And it surely gives the delusional much comfort. And that is the essence of it all.
I seen an interesting movie on netflicks called The Man from Earth. Check it out it refers to what you are talking about

Old 03-01-2013, 11:36 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,761,076 times
Quote:
This message has been deleted by june 7th. Reason: Orphaned -- post you are quoting has been deleted.
Now I won't be able to sleep, trying to recall what it was.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:36 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,332,919 times
As a child it's easy to be swept away by fairytales and magical things that you find out later in your life cannot be true. Once you grow up, you have to start questioning things and wondering. How do people stop wondering at a certain age? I still think about things daily. It's not as if once I had stopped believing the bible and all religious stuff that I took the rest for granted. Science can be wrong too. They can come back next year and say this or that was not right, we found something to be wrong. The whole thing about evolving is to accept you make mistakes. To adjust your life or thinking as you go; religious zealots never even think as far as to ask "what if"..they are stuck on the year zero.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:36 AM

582 posts, read 1,119,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Maybe god gave Noah some beef jerky after he taught T Rex how to use the salad bar.
I almost started World War III in my family (as usual... tee hee hee ) when I asked these 3 questions:

1. What did Noah feed to the dinosaurs?

2. How did he get the smell of animal urine and feces out of wood (the ark was made of wood, right?) when, in 2013, we can barely get the smell of animal urine and feces out of carpet?

3. Where did he find a shovel large enough to scoop dinosaur poop (even though it was just a movie, did you see the size of the "poop mound" in Jurassic Park?) and how and where did he dispose of all that poop?

Old 03-08-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl05 View Post
I almost started World War III in my family (as usual... tee hee hee ) when I asked these 3 questions:

1. What did Noah feed to the dinosaurs?
Whyyyyy, "reconstituted" "dried meat" or, "fish that "wrap themselves" in "dry cocoons", of course. Wasn't there some nursing home movie about that?

"Caring" for the "Animals" on the "Ark" - "Answers" in "Genesis"

Last edited by Tantalust; 03-08-2013 at 11:29 AM..

Old 03-08-2013, 02:01 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,795,931 times
I have read here on this blog site, as well as from churchgoing fundamentalists with whom I have spoken on the topic, that Noah did not take two of every species on board. That of course explains no more dinosaurs.

As an example, Noah did not pack two of every kind of dog species or cat species. Rather, he pack a pair of cats and a pair of dogs. Such folk also say that all species around today are descended from those original pairs. All dogs today, all cats today, all snakes today are descended from a sing pair of the respective species.

Ironically, such folk are saying they believe in evolution!

Old 03-08-2013, 02:29 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,148,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Now I won't be able to sleep, trying to recall what it was.
That might have been my post where I provided utterly unassailable proof that it wasn't Noah's Ark, it was actually Noah's giant submarine, Noah being a maritime engineer who was far, far ahead of his time.

The submarine was discovered where it surfaced and the land dried, but was rushed off to Area 51 by the government which is keeping a lid on it. They subsequently moved it to an unknown underwater location...I have photographic proof.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:11 PM

Mad Magazine looks at Ken Ham's Creation "museum"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism