Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 10:13 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,757,219 times

Advertisements

Become an agnostic then you wont give a **** and not make silly arguements between the two fighting cults. Atheists vs. Christians. Soon Atheism will become a quasi contemporary religion where members will have a mock church to play in and lob dirty bombs over at the older more established Christian churches. Of course the Christians will have developed more advanced weapons of mass destruction by then. Hope this made sense!

I gave thanks to the butcher who sold me a cheap turkey. Gobble....Gobble.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:13 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,865,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Are atheists thankful? Are they greatful? Would like to hear from atheists on these questions.
This question is posted by someone with over 2500 rep points?!! This has to be one of the most ludicrous questions that I've seen on this site.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:17 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,229,511 times
Originally Posted by isak64
Quote:
This question is posted by someone with over 2500 rep points?!! This has to be one of the most ludicrous questions that I've seen on this site.
Why should a person be critised for asking a question to which he already confessed not to know the answer?
Isn't that the general reason to ask a question?

Old 11-25-2007, 10:19 PM

Why did the turkey cross the road...

Old 11-25-2007, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by happytown
Quote:
Why did the turkey cross the road...
I dunno.
So why did the turkey?

Last edited by Tricky D; 11-25-2007 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: sourced the wrong person

Old 11-25-2007, 10:23 PM

To get the **** out of church!

Old 11-25-2007, 10:28 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,138,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Not sure where anyone got the idea that this thread is about Christianity.

The thread is just asking, for those who have no belief in a god or - call it what ever you want- the question is, if one is thankful, to whom/what does one give thanks. Period.

Several answered that they give thanks to their friends and loved ones on Thanksgiving. Makes perfect sense to me.

I then asked about the beauty of nature and if athiests felt thankful for the ocean or anything that is not man-made, who/what/where are the thoughts of thanks given.

Ya know, you just can't win in this forum and as far as I'm concerned, many of the non-believers are as bad as many of those who are Christian. The lack of respect, the defensiveness, the condescension. You both have much in common.

I don't mean that to those who just answered the question without an agenda. I had no agenda. After a long absence from this forum, it doesn't take long upon my return to remember why I stay away.
If you ask an asinine question of people, they won't be all that pleased with it. You're asking for respect; I don't think it was all that sensible to expect it when you're all but asking a group of people if they qualify as human beings who have feelings. I think what you interpreted as people being defensive was something more like righteous indignation. The condescension came into play when someone posed a question I might've asked my mom when I was nine, back when I was under the assumption that any person who wasn't married must be a virgin or something like that. (Yes--random example).

I didn't see that anyone here had an agenda. I think people were speaking their mind and reacting to the original question posed. You didn't seem to me to have an agenda necessarily, but I don't expect an adult to ask a question so ridiculous and offensive to people. Had you prefaced it with "I'm ten years and I've never seen or talked to an atheist before, could someone answer this question?" I might not have responded the way I did.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:29 PM

Quote:
To get the **** out of church!
Not really funny cauz you never mentioned that he was in a church.
I mean it could also be that the turkey crossed the road to get served in church.
Come to think of it, I slaughter myself.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Not really funny cauz you never mentioned that he was in a church.
I mean it could also be that the turkey crossed the road to get served in church.
Come to think of it, I slaughter myself.
Sorry...Had to throw out a stupid joke for a stupid thread.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Sorry...Had to throw out a stupid joke for a stupid thread.
Why be sorry?
You made my bad jokes look good, dude.
Kudo's for doing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism