Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 06:12 PM

2,962 posts, read 864,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecoveringChristian View Post
Then finding out it's all <<bleep>> and how badly you want to throw these bastards in prison?

Also finding out how difficult it is to change 33+ years of major brainwashing from childhood brainwash videos of Christian judgement and anti-christ filth.

It literally screws up your entire mind. How do you recover?

My beliefs are completely different and I don't agree with most of the world even. I may talk about them in future posts. I just want to see if anyone else is like me here.

Like seriously though.... How the hell can people actually believe that our "Creator" who decided to hate us all afterwards. And the Garden of eden story doesn't add up when you attribute the fact of DNA + Fingerprints + Eye Retina (All unique) + Hair follicles being. Now... if "God" and "His Word" is truth... then he wouldn't have created all of the humans with all of those things because it claims he walked on earth with them. Then the evil serpent snake tricked the damsel and bam! All of a sudden wrath was upon human kind.

Now... how <<bleep>> is that!!! Doesn't add up for <<bleep>>. It's a slave race; Humans. According to The Bible Moses was fed slop for 40+ years wandering around in a <<bleep>> circle looking for the promised land.

What happened to the garden of eden? The "God" didn't even have the curtousy to feed "His Chosen" with a "Special Strong Leader; Moses" and his followers (Their People) ... (The Chosen) ... food from the Garden of Eden or something better than green slop or whatever the hell they were being fed from the sky from obvious UFO.

Then you look at Ezekiel Chapter 1 and he perfectly describes a UFO to 100% ... and this <<bleep>> alien shuvs a <<bleep>> scroll down his throat and commands him to go do <<bleep>>. Without any compensation, and had a bunch of "angels" that had 4 beast heads. Like seriously dude... Ezekiel description of a UFO in a cloud. "Fiery site" "Fearsome" "Bright", all sorts of descriptions that match circular UFO lighting in clouds.

Then Elijah ends up getting wished up into the sky (UFO) and gone.

And it was obvious that Jesus was ascended into a UFO (which was obviously hiding in a cloud above the Crucifixion)

My thing is this... That makes "God" or "The God Race" ... false gods (exactly like the Azguards in Stargate SG-1) ... pretending to be Gods to primitive life.

The pain that humans experience and the "allowance" of hoarding of all earth resources and allowing tens of thousands of people to rule tyranny over the world. Also does not make any sense.

I believe the Bible is a playbook; obviously written by man, used to oppress and molest and rape people (The Christians and Catholics) ... more cases than can be counted if you pay attention to activists.

And people are just blindly believing (those who are in power in America at least) -- You know... those Christians who roll around like pigs in <<bleep>> in their $300 billion dollar industry per year business and their Government 503 1 Federal Government propaganda Churches to brainwash the masses.

What's the Truth and why is everyone so damned ?

Oh... how to heal again? It's so damn difficult changing core beliefs since childhood brainwash. I just can't handle it. Every day... re-training my brain to think different and end up arguing with myself because of my "automatic responses" that were programmed over years.

Thanks for reading!

So many flaws. So many references not found on earth to the known world.
My first impression? That's a generous amount of profanity to include in one comment! I think that's a record.

If you don't mind answering... what are your reasons for concluding that the Creator has decided to hate us/you?
Thanks.

Last edited by Iwasmadenew; 07-13-2020 at 07:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2020, 05:08 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
You do not have to be persuaded to link any Biblical stories to UFOs it's always been there. The OP has laid out several examples of UFO activity within the Bible and there's much more. They are often figured in religious artwork as if they are somewhat normal occurrences.
I know, but I just see them as invented stories like the Bethlehem star, Ezekiel's vision, the Nephilim, even Jesus raised to heaven like an alien abduction. The Biblical UFO -story is rather like 'science in the Bible': find something that looks vaguely like a UFO occurrence and Interpret it to look like it is.

Old 07-15-2020, 07:54 AM

22,182 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I know, but I just see them as invented stories like the Bethlehem star, Ezekiel's vision, the Nephilim, even Jesus raised to heaven like an alien abduction. The Biblical UFO -story is rather like 'science in the Bible': find something that looks vaguely like a UFO occurrence and Interpret it to look like it is.
how convenient and easy it must be for a person to see everything they don't like or are uncomfortable with as "invented stories." No need to think at all that way!

Old 07-15-2020, 10:02 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
Quote:
When I realized that the Xtian 'bible' couldn't possibly be true as written, I made the jump to UFOs and 'aliens' too, somewhere around the 5th grade or so. So, I started reading everything I could about UFOs and aliens, along with studying astronomy and physics. By the time I got done with that, I ended up not believing in UFOs and 'aliens' too.

Coincidentally, somewhere along the way I got into studying 'psychic' claims too, and *that* went down the toilet as well.

Science killed all off all my neeto fairy tales.

Old 07-16-2020, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
how convenient and easy it must be for a person to see everything they don't like or are uncomfortable with as "invented stories." No need to think at all that way!

Obviously you never read my posts (hardly anyone seems to as nobody takes on board what I show to be so) where I show textual evidence of concocted tales. The Bethlehem star being a Test case in this respect.

If you want to keep your reputation for respect and fair dealings, Katz, you won't dish out blanket dismissal in that way again.

Old 07-16-2020, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
When I realized that the Xtian 'bible' couldn't possibly be true as written, I made the jump to UFOs and 'aliens' too, somewhere around the 5th grade or so. So, I started reading everything I could about UFOs and aliens, along with studying astronomy and physics. By the time I got done with that, I ended up not believing in UFOs and 'aliens' too.

Coincidentally, somewhere along the way I got into studying 'psychic' claims too, and *that* went down the toilet as well.

Science killed all off all my neeto fairy tales.
I agree. I was Out of Religion in my teens. I left the door open for a sortagod and the Mystical experience (which led me to Buddhism). But Man -made religions - though Culturally and historically interesting - lost credibility early on.

In my 20's, I got into the Occult. I mean the claims of Palmistry, astrology etc. I found so much scamming, mechanisms that didn't stack up, debunked claims and, while the door is always open for some validated prediction or magic to be proven, that was generally binned.

In my 30's I got into UFOs. I have gone off topic enough in relating cult -think (includng UFO apologetics) to Theist think, which is essentially faith -based and evidence is fiddled or fakes to support it. And UFO apologetics was rife with fraud and fakery.

In my 40's, I got into Gospel criticism, New atheism and critical thinking and it Has Made Such A Difference To My Life. I had no Logical direction. I wa like a skiff in a storm, unable to work things out. Since Logic, I can think things through. It's made me a better person.

That's my story, anyway and I'm sticking to it.

Old 07-16-2020, 06:48 AM

22,182 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Obviously you never read my posts (hardly anyone seems to as nobody takes on board what I show to be so) where I show textual evidence of concocted tales. The Bethlehem star being a Test case in this respect. If you want to keep your reputation for respect and fair dealings, you won't dish out blanket dismissal in that way again.
blanket dismissal is the simplistic approach that I am pointing out that is the norm in this section of the forum, in Ath/Agn. it is superficial and one-dimensional. it allows a person to stay in thinking that also lacks depth. "invented stories" "fairy tale" "making it up" "delusion" is the blanket dismissal used ad nauseum, along with "we don't know"

it effectively demonstrates that one lacks the ability and wherewithal to have thinking that goes beyond the superficial and the one-dimensional. it is "we don't know" and "until science tells us what to think and how to think, it is invented stories"
that is blanket dismissal big time.

the mindset is simplistic and superficial because it lacks discernment. "one fake means they're all fake" (what post #26 seems to say) is like saying one error in your post (for instance calling someone by the wrong name) means all your posts are wrong in their entirety. see how that's problematic and inaccurate? it lacks logic.

let me say that again. it lacks logic. it lacks "thinking things through."

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 07-16-2020 at 07:50 AM..

Old 07-16-2020, 08:27 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
If you want to keep your reputation for respect and fair dealings, Katz, you won't dish out blanket dismissal in that way again.
I'm sorry?

Old 07-16-2020, 08:32 AM

63,813 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
blanket dismissal is the simplistic approach that I am pointing out that is the norm in this section of the forum, in Ath/Agn. it is superficial and one-dimensional. it allows a person to stay in thinking that also lacks depth. "invented stories" "fairy tale" "making it up" "delusion" is the blanket dismissal used ad nauseum, along with "we don't know"
it effectively demonstrates that one lacks the ability and wherewithal to have thinking that goes beyond the superficial and the one-dimensional. it is "we don't know" and "until science tells us what to think and how to think, it is invented stories"
that is blanket dismissal big time.
the mindset is simplistic and superficial because it lacks discernment. "one fake means they're all fake" (what post #26 seems to say) is like saying one error in your post (for instance calling someone by the wrong name) means all your posts are wrong in their entirety. see how that's problematic and inaccurate? it lacks logic.
let me say that again. it lacks logic. it lacks "thinking things through."

Old 07-16-2020, 08:35 AM

63,813 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm sorry?
Arq was responding to Tzaph and simply confused you two, Katz. You have nothing to be sorry for and nothing Arq or his cronies could ever do would tarnish the respect for you and your reputation for fair dealings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism