Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 05:23 PM

63,864 posts, read 40,149,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
'God' has a definition and it is not 'everything that is' (as you tried to pretend - twice). It needs an intelligence as you know well or it is (material) 'nature'.
That has been done so many times you should know it by now.
I truly feel bad about harping on your misunderstandings of my view, Arq, but you are so far off. If you have been following my most recent attempts to clarify how I justify my beliefs using existing science, (which I am beginning to doubt you can), you would know I have pointed out how it is plausible that space itself (that 95+% of our Reality) is the repository of consciousness in the form of an undifferentiated and unmeasurable Bose-Einstein Condensate. That would be your "nature" but it is not "material" and as consciousness it is intelligence, no supernatural nonsense required.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2021, 06:09 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,761,076 times
Now there you may have something. I have said before (not noted by you) that atheism is keeping an eye on the idea of quantum interaction and the rush to see this as a cosmic intelligence.

You pretty much have a thread of your own to be able to set your case out, but you prefer to hi -jack other threads and abuse anyone who asks you to present substantiation. Just pointing to Dark matter/energy, 95% unknowns and Quantum foam as some gap for Your God -belief isn't setting out even a plausible case. By all means get to your thread and explain it all.
As soon as it looks anyting like a plausible scientiic explanation we can take it to the science forum (if you won't) and get it vetted.

There you are. Your chance to vindicate yourself, rather than derailing thread after thread with your faith -claims and sliming anyone who questions you.

Old 01-22-2021, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Now there you may have something. I have said before (not noted by you) that atheism is keeping an eye on the idea of quantum interaction and the rush to see this as a cosmic intelligence.

You pretty much have a thread of your own to be able to set your case out, but you prefer to hi -jack other threads and abuse anyone who asks you to present substantiation. Just pointing to Dark matter/energy, 95% unknowns and Quantum foam as some gap for Your God -belief isn't setting out even a plausible case. By all means get to your thread and explain it all.
As soon as it looks anyting like a plausible scientiic explanation we can take it to the science forum (if you won't) and get it vetted.

There you are. Your chance to vindicate yourself, rather than derailing thread after thread with your faith -claims and sliming anyone who questions you.
It is not a derail or a hijack. It is directly responsive to the misconception by atheists that our Reality must be assumed to NOT be God until proven otherwise. Reality IS just as plausibly God as whatever else you think it is, Arq. Whatever else you think it is is every bit just YOUR BELIEF about it as is mine.

Old 01-22-2021, 06:58 PM

Stop wasting everyones' time with your denial of basic logic.

You have a thread where you can validate your science- based god -claim. Get to it. Evasion will only bolster suspicion that you can't.

Old 01-22-2021, 07:33 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,599,441 times
Quote:

You have a thread where you can validate your science- based god -claim. Get to it. Evasion will only bolster suspicion that you can't.
Trans ... right back at you.

You are the one denying basic logic. He is using basic logic.

can you offer something in the way of evidence? all you do is say he is wrong, When we can go look at what he is using for his claim in any science book.

so who is doing what here?

Old 01-22-2021, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is not a derail or a hijack. It is directly responsive to the misconception by atheists that our Reality must be assumed to NOT be God until proven otherwise. Reality IS just as plausibly God as whatever else you think it is, Arq. Whatever else you think it is is every bit just YOUR BELIEF about it as is mine.
Quote:
You have a thread where you can validate your science-based god -claim. Get to it. Evasion will only bolster suspicion that you can't.
All the time-wasting is by you with your unsupported BELIEFS and substance-less assertions against my solidly supported BELIEFS. Your inability or unwillingness to acknowledge that we have competing BELIEFS about our Reality is not a good look for you, Arq.

Old 01-23-2021, 03:22 AM

Save your bluster and denial. See my last post on 'Your' thread that debunks all that and and invites you to substantiate your case or admit you really don't have one.

Old 01-23-2021, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Save your bluster and denial. See my last post on 'Your' thread that debunks all that and and invites you to substantiate your case or admit you really don't have one.
Here is the misconception trans. You are always going on about science, logic, and strength of evidence. so lets look at what a neutral person sees. So lets apply strength of evidence to an actual claim and see if we can learn anything..

Mystic belief: Science based belief. He uses a lot of science that can be found in any textbook.

Trans lack of belief: He uses the following logic.

1-Its ok to believe that just don't question us it slow us down or get in out way. We are fighting for you too.
2-beleiving god is natural and we are part it it is meaningless and gets us nowhere
3-we do not have burden of proof.

So, based on "strength of evidence", I am forced, due to no evidence from the activist atheist side, I have to lean towards mystic's claim being plausible. Although I don't agree with all of it.

So, as I have shown, another misconception about atheist is that we only use "strength of evidence" reason and commonsense. And we are less prone to "theology looking" beliefs. In the absents of evidence presented by trans' activism based atheist, we are left with one claim standing.

Old 01-23-2021, 07:14 AM

A horror film could be made about living in your head.

Old 01-23-2021, 07:17 AM

Quote:
A horror film could be made about living in your head.
Trans strength of evidence ...

1-Its ok to believe that just don't question us it slow us down or get in out way. We are fighting for you too.
2-beleiving god is natural and we are part it it is meaningless and gets us nowhere
3-we do not have burden of proof.
4- you are "enabling them"
5- you are anti-atheist.
6- binary thinking (yes or no only)

7-A horror film could be made about living in your head

Well that one sure did prove you right and me wrong ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism