Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2021, 10:41 AM

521 posts, read 164,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
And rather helped to crack the stranglehold of the Vatican on Europe, thus leading to vatican -free religions in the new world and the Empire which (you- wall -forgive me) is slightly better than the hag -ridden religious autocracy which they the catholics are just beginning to fling off - including the Irish (post scandal - global and domestic), bless 'em

Unfortunately the Cold war and Mccarthyism led to religious nutterry and anti -communism becoming identified with Patriotism and is today why the US is unique amongst (I believe) 'advanced' nations as being still saddled with religion, which has also a common but more pronounced Right - wing bias.

We have seen here even people who can't believe in religion anymore still supporting it against secularism simply for political reasons.

Well, you must be, or your wouldn't be a Christian. Ow known as Godsuckers, but we are too polite to use the term.

Did I say I am a Christian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2021, 10:44 AM

521 posts, read 164,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So what? That's one man. Not all of society.

There is no such thing as one man, an individual. He is a type, one bot running on the atheist program of self-determination.

Old 02-06-2021, 10:48 AM

29,612 posts, read 9,827,328 times
Quote:
Well, I had in mind the Scandinavian countries and some of the former soviet bloc countries. Since you mentioned an ongoing Philippine prostitution problem generation to generation, suppose you compare it with them - or you can opt to say you know nothing of it and try to find some other argument to blame on atheism.

You are becoming increasingly absurd. Henry was as Christian after he broke with the pope as he was before. It was his anglican Christianity that led to the KJV and the American style of Christianity. Unless you are the kind of Catholic that regards protestants as atheists you are wildly off tangent with any kind of coherent argument.

The argument about atheist morals seems absurd, too as the laws are made by governments that are not atheist. Aren't we supposed to be a tiny percentage with little support? The truth is that ethical improvements in society and law were voted though by supposedly religious governments because they were better in human terms, and never mind what religions said.

So if atheists agree with that don't blame us. Atheists don't dictate secular law and ethics, what's best for humans as a whole does. Only religious extremists, it seems, opposing such social improvements.

From what you posted so far I'd guess that you are Right wing religious redhat, raving at the immoral and satanic laws passed to help people and afford them equal rights, whereas the Godly, Biblical way to do it would be to establish a theocratic dictatorship arresting and eliminating one perceived immoral and ungodly group after another.

Correct me if I'm wrong, as you may be a devout catholic who sees Henry 8 as a satanic rebel against God's own Vatican which presides over prostitution -free Catholic nations.

Then again you may be a POE atheist posting increasingly waff stuf just to make religion look bad, in which case, good job.
How does one who begins by demonstrating absolute absurdity become increasingly absurd?

"the prostitution situation which is a feature of permissive atheistic societies."

Absurd is putting it kindly...

Old 02-06-2021, 11:07 AM

7,641 posts, read 4,202,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sree251 View Post
There is no such thing as one man, an individual. He is a type, one bot running on the atheist program of self-determination.
Of course, there is. You are one such individual trying to sell us something...an anchor.

Old 02-06-2021, 11:23 AM

7,641 posts, read 4,202,413 times
Quote:
And rather helped to crack the stranglehold of the Vatican on Europe, thus leading to vatican -free religions in the new world and the Empire which (you- wall -forgive me) is slightly better than the hag -ridden religious autocracy which they the catholics are just beginning to fling off - including the Irish (post scandal - global and domestic), bless 'em

Unfortunately the Cold war and Mccarthyism led to religious nutterry and anti -communism becoming identified with Patriotism and is today why the US is unique amongst (I believe) 'advanced' nations as being still saddled with religion, which has also a common but more pronounced Right - wing bias.

We have seen here even people who can't believe in religion anymore still supporting it against secularism simply for political reasons.

Well, you must be, or your wouldn't be a Christian. Ow known as Godsuckers, but we are too polite to use the term.
I grew up in the deep south. While they may not be the most religious group, spiritual group, or moral group, (and they know this) they believe they reserve the right to be influenced by a belief that a government cannot control. They see it as their duty to be disobedient to those who wish to control them while at the same time claiming to be God-fearing. Notice it is never Jesus-fearing.

Old 02-06-2021, 12:06 PM

50,115 posts, read 20,872,061 times
Quote:
Not that I recall. Perhaps I was reaching assumed conclusions. Feel free to correct me by all means.

Old 02-06-2021, 12:30 PM

2,962 posts, read 871,511 times
Quote:
They are struggling to put you in a box so they can treat you as a caricature/strawman of your “tribe”.

As it is, they are required to reason with you as an individual and address your points instead of lobbing dismissive stereotypical insults at your “tribe.”

Old 02-06-2021, 12:40 PM

51,210 posts, read 24,667,670 times
Quote:
That is typical of you. You've said the same about being Buddhist.

You're just playing games.

Old 02-06-2021, 01:17 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,353,364 times
Quote:
Richard Dawkins was asking for it. He had no business insulting people based on his antagonism towards religion.
Threatening people for their stance on religion, politics, ideologies, gender or gender identification or for any other reason is immoral as well as cowardly. It's immoral but it harms others and can be used as a method of intimation and to silence that person's freedom of expression,

That you believe that death threats against Richard Dawkins are Warrenton shows that you do not have morality within yourself. If you think morality comes from your religion either you failed your religion or ot failed you.

Old 02-06-2021, 01:25 PM

2,962 posts, read 871,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Threatening people for their stance on religion, politics, ideologies, gender or gender identification or for any other reason is immoral as well as cowardly. It's immoral but it harms others and can be used as a method of intimation and to silence that person's freedom of expression,

That you believe that death threats against Richard Dawkins are Warrenton shows that you do not have morality within yourself. If you think morality comes from your religion either you failed your religion or ot failed you.
Do you consider it immoral as well as cowardly to wish for the early demise of others who hold beliefs you do not agree with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism