Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2021, 02:05 AM

16,813 posts, read 5,016,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
I can think of a few people on this forum who criticize other people’s worldviews while not stating their own worldview. Like “simply a lack of belief” atheism, it seems like a way to criticize others while insulating oneself from criticism of one’s own worldview.
You can not criticize “simply a lack of belief” unless you have credible evidence for a god. That is what “simply a lack of belief” atheism is, simply not believing the claims of the religious because of the lack of evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2021, 08:37 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,785,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
you can't state this and push to get some beliefs stopped and some evidence suppressed because it doesn't get you anywhere.

You let all the evidence out and you can keep repeating its not helping your type of atheism. But let it out and if your position, and types of atheist belief, is strong enough it can handle a little pressure from a dope like me without having to avoid it.
I don't even know what you are saying other than your obsessive complaint about censorship because you are trying to argue a cosmological -physics theory (no mention of God, you said yourself) on a religion forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
I can think of a few people on this forum who criticize other people’s worldviews while not stating their own worldview. Like “simply a lack of belief” atheism, it seems like a way to criticize others while insulating oneself from criticism of one’s own worldview.

Most don’t hide their worldview, but some will rarely mention it and almost never discuss it.

Some people even hide their personal profile, but I don’t know the reasons. Doing these things doesn’t communicate confidence, but I can imagine other reasons for doing so. Like, maybe it’s done to keep a personal photo gallery private, or similar.
You've had 'worldview' explained enough times that your claim that it is being somehow covered up is overplayed and only shows up your craftiness. Like essaying the 'simply lack of belief' (agnostic -based position, which is logical so you won't find a stick to bash atheism with there), and trying the hidden profile angle where I have generally been able to predict that a drive by anti -atheist or street preacher win't fill in the 'about me' section, so that one won't get you any further than any of your other atheist - bashing ploys.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 02-09-2021 at 08:50 AM..

Old 02-09-2021, 08:46 AM

I can assure you that two atheist bashers getting together to swap lies does not make them anything other than two spammers swapping lies.

Old 02-09-2021, 08:52 AM

16,813 posts, read 5,016,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I don't even know what you are saying other than your obsessive complaint about censorship because you are trying to argue a cosmological -physics theory (no mention of God, you said yourself) on a religion forum.

You've had 'worldview' explained enough times that your claim that it is being somehow covered up is overplayed and only shows up your craftiness.
At least it give the dishonest jargonauts a chance to religiously lie again. It is the same old mantra every day.

Old 02-09-2021, 09:05 AM

I don't know whether Iwash picked up the denial of the atheist 'non -belief' position (insisting that we positively claim that no god exists so as to force the burden of proof on us) from mystic or it is just a new ploy to essay, but it is an Iwash fingerprint to present it as not just an irrational position but something underhand that atheists do. It's revealing that showing the way the atheist -bashers employ the dirty trick shows up what they bring to the discussion: Mystic, back to front logic, Iwash, crafty accusations, Arach, mindlessly lashing out with whatever comes to hand.

It's all rather entertaining. But nothing to do with rational arguments - it's all polemical pamphleteering. Doesn't it remind you of a group of people who simply repeated and chanted one lie or abusive slogan after another and refutations and explanation simply went ignored and they relied on having numerical support for their position. But I believe that people Do case anout what's true and they will be not in the end be fooled by liars, conspiracy theorists and idiots.

So we have to keep refuting and explaining, no matter how often new lies or old are repeated.

Old 02-09-2021, 11:52 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,612,667 times
Quote:
I can assure you that two atheist bashers getting together to swap lies does not make them anything other than two spammers swapping lies.
Right back at trans ...

I can assure you that two non militant atheist bashers getting together to swap lies does not make them anything other than two spammers swapping lies.

I willing to let anybody use any evidence to make claims about spirituality, I do not hide to behind "That doesn't get us anywhere" and or "You are enabling them."

Also trans, you always are bragging on how you debunked theist. But as soon as i showed how fast you where debunked the rules had to change. Just own it trans.

So can you answer "just where aren't we getting when we talk about a belief that aligns with what science studies." where is that and exactly why do you have to get those types of conversations stopped at all cost?

Old 02-09-2021, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I don't know whether Iwash picked up the denial of the atheist 'non -belief' position (insisting that we positively claim that no god exists so as to force the burden of proof on us) from mystic or it is just a new ploy to essay, but it is an Iwash fingerprint to present it as not just an irrational position but something underhand that atheists do. It's revealing that showing the way the atheist -bashers employ the dirty trick shows up what they bring to the discussion: Mystic, back to front logic, Iwash, crafty accusations, Arach, mindlessly lashing out with whatever comes to hand.

It's all rather entertaining. But nothing to do with rational arguments - it's all polemical pamphleteering. Doesn't it remind you of a group of people who simply repeated and chanted one lie or abusive slogan after another and refutations and explanation simply went ignored and they relied on having numerical support for their position. But I believe that people Do case anout what's true and they will be not in the end be fooled by liars, conspiracy theorists and idiots.

So we have to keep refuting and explaining, no matter how often new lies or old are repeated.
yeah, that fact that you can't talk about the claims openly and honestly just makes this post hog wash.

You are taking the definition "lack of belief" fundamentally. You guys toss it out like it means anything just like bible thumper do bible verses.

Old 02-09-2021, 11:55 AM

Mere kneejerk pot - kettle stuff from you. I don't even need to effort of disputing it. The absurdity of pretending that atheists espousing the agnostic 'non -belief' position "fundamentally" hardly needs to be pointed out.

In fact I really need to post something else to make the post worth doing....

Old 02-09-2021, 11:56 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,763,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Right back at trans ...

I can assure you that two non militant atheist bashers getting together to swap lies does not make them anything other than two spammers swapping lies.

I willing to let anybody use any evidence to make claims about spirituality, I do not hide to behind "That doesn't get us anywhere" and or "You are enabling them."

Also trans, you always are bragging on how you debunked theist. But as soon as i showed how fast you where debunked the rules had to change. Just own it trans.

So can you answer "just where aren't we getting when we talk about a belief that aligns with what science studies." where is that and exactly why do you have to get those types of conversations stopped at all cost?
Sure seems to me this back-and-forth feuding between you and TRANS ain't getting us anywhere...

Other than perhaps to other threads where maybe it's not also forever going on. That's where I'm headed tomorrow I think. If I return. My parting thought anyway as I now sign off from this noise today...

Old 02-09-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Sure seems to me this back-and-forth feuding between you and TRANS ain't getting us anywhere...

Other than perhaps to other threads where maybe it's not also going forever going on. That's where I'm headed tomorrow I think. My parting thought anyway as I now sign off from this noise today...
then don't get involved learme ... just read on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism