Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 11:32 AM

50,837 posts, read 24,347,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
I think the problems here are these labels can be misrepresented, and the pretense that a persons arguments are defined by that label. I can be against religious fundamentalism and still make rational arguments. The two are independent despite the dishonest claims of some people.

Hopefully I am not guilty of this.
I've never noticed you doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2021, 11:35 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,487,156 times
I tend t o go by what ancient people know and practice-the Egyptians believed there is a BA and a Ka (lower and upper self).
After death,the 2 separated,KA keeps the memory and need to eat and sleep,hence it will come back to his family and home while BA tried to find KA,together they ascended to heaven and become a star .
Both my parents came to my home,my father has never been to my place but he managed to find it,I sensed and saw him in different forms,in a way he conveyed he has nothing to eat,so I bought food and placed on the dining table for him and he continued his pre death habit,go to the club and come back to eat and sleep,in fact he took over my den.
My neighbor's dog barked at him for an hour as animals can see spirits.
My mother came later,and ended up outside my neighbor's house(she has been to my place while alive),and the dog barked for a long time as well.
I dont know where they are now,they either have reincarnated or moved on?
My sister is clairvoyant,she said she saw my mother at the funeral looking at herself lying in the coffin.
Take away all that modern technology -the internet,the AI ,ancient people knew so much more than we do,astral projection,separating the spirit from the body,summoning the death,and afterdeath experience.
As for the physical body,it just goes back to where it comes from -DUST !/EARTH?

Old 02-14-2021, 11:44 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,487,156 times
The whole idea of GOD is so serf like,cant you guys make up your own mind?
What is it that God does for you and what do you expect him to do for you in this life and next?
Some believe God descend from Heaven ,thats why they always look up to seek god,they never look down or dive into the ocean looking for him>
Could he be an alien from an advanced civilisation riding a big bird (garada) a fiery dragon or a carpet or an orb ?
He created human in his own image,so take a look at yourself,would you admit god is another human like us?may be he knows a thing or two about cloning and genetic engineering,he can remove a rib and create another being?
and what do you get talking about god on this forum while you spent most of your life dealing with earthly issues like working for a living,paying bills,shopping for grocery,raising children,marry,divorce,retire,work part time,travel,none has little to do with god,just how you live like the rest of us on this physical world.

Old 02-14-2021, 03:48 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
The whole idea of GOD is so serf like,cant you guys make up your own mind?
What is it that God does for you and what do you expect him to do for you in this life and next?
Some believe God descend from Heaven ,thats why they always look up to seek god,they never look down or dive into the ocean looking for him>
Could he be an alien from an advanced civilisation riding a big bird (garada) a fiery dragon or a carpet or an orb ?
He created human in his own image,so take a look at yourself,would you admit god is another human like us?may be he knows a thing or two about cloning and genetic engineering,he can remove a rib and create another being?
and what do you get talking about god on this forum while you spent most of your life dealing with earthly issues like working for a living,paying bills,shopping for grocery,raising children,marry,divorce,retire,work part time,travel,none has little to do with god,just how you live like the rest of us on this physical world.
makes perfect sense to me.

Old 02-24-2021, 05:27 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
That's a very good question, Elyn.

It's interesting to see how certain posters simply think they can declare themselves "winners" in a discussion, or declare others in a discussion "losers"...as if they speak for the rest of the people in the forum. Even in some cases where no one is agreeing with them, they'll do that. Psychologically, what's interesting about it is not that they think their belief is correct (especially in terms of religion)...I kind of expect that. But that they so misread what how other people are reacting to the discussion.
How, exactly, does someone get a handle on how other people are reacting to the discussion in a forum like this, Phet??? Only a few regulars participate and the vast majority do not.

Old 02-24-2021, 05:42 PM

2,962 posts, read 864,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Another great example: Any discussions on the reliability of what people are saying is based you if you think they are over confident or not. basically how they say it means everything to you.

You have stated many times that since somebody said something with confidence that you won't take anything they say seriously.

Explain that type of thinking Phet. What the person said has absolutely no bearing on how you evaluate.
Yes, you’re right about that. He’s essentially saying he’s offended (made uncomfortable) by anyone who has more confidence in their beliefs than he has in his.
“I have a wishy washy worldview, and so should you!”

Is that the impression you get, too?

Old 02-24-2021, 05:57 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Yes, you’re right about that. He’s essentially saying he’s offended (made uncomfortable) by anyone who has more confidence in their beliefs than he has in his.

I don't get wishy washy from him. I do get he thinks hes a victim. Everything he says can be linked back to "I am a victim". I don't anything about him, but I bet if he gave up some history I would be like "that's it, that explains it."

But we shouldn't talk about other posters. It just not cool so lets end it.

Old 02-24-2021, 07:21 PM

50,837 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:

Wrong again. You're getting very boring.

Old 02-24-2021, 09:04 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
makes perfect sense to me.
I totally buy it.
Quote:
It because they are lying when they say here just to talk about religion and spirituality.

Remember trans used to say all the time "I am here to stop religion." and he used to say all the time how he was a rpoud militant anti-theist.". Then we start calling him on it. wow did he change his tune fast.

Trans knows the more he openly talks about his position, and explains what he is really doing, he loose the regular person. If he covers his tracks he knows the people in recovery, the abused, and the scarred will follow him because they will not look to deep into what he is saying. after all, they have a pound of flesh to extract.
Something is wrong with your memory. I think you have tweaked the atheist agenda to roll back the influence of religion on society as 'I am here to stop religion'. Carnards by the religious apologists (and their enablers) for discrediting the opposition have always been more attractive to the atheist -bashers than actually making a coherent case.
Quote:

Quote:
I don't get wishy washy from him. I do get he thinks hes a victim. Everything he says can be linked back to "I am a victim". I don't anything about him, but I bet if he gave up some history I would be like "that's it, that explains it."

But we shouldn't talk about other posters. It just not cool so lets end it.
What I get from you both is wishing on those whom you target whatever you need to 'see' in them to make them whatever you need to win your argument without either of you listening to anything they say.

Congratulations on the win you awarded yourselves. And much good may it do you.

Perhaps we could not get back to topic..or has it totally been talked out?

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 02-24-2021 at 09:18 PM..

Old 02-24-2021, 10:05 PM

2,962 posts, read 864,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I totally buy it.

Something is wrong with your memory. I think you have tweaked the atheist agenda to roll back the influence of religion on society as 'I am here to stop religion'. Carnards by the religious apologists (and their enablers) for discrediting the opposition have always been more attractive to the atheist -bashers than actually making a coherent case.

What I get from you both is wishing on those whom you target whatever you need to 'see' in them to make them whatever you need to win your argument without either of you listening to anything they say.

Congratulations on the win you awarded yourselves. And much good may it do you.

Perhaps we could not get back to topic..or has it totally been talked out?
Did you hear that, Arach?! Trans has congratulated us on our win!

It's moments like these that require us to slow down and really let various frequencies of positive vibrations wash over us. This is OUR moment and nobody can take that away from us. Soak it in, buddy. Close your eyes and experience it. To me it feels like warm amorphous blobs of light energy, but a full description would be too extensive for me to include here.

Before I go, I just want to send a shout-out to the other half of the dynamic-duo... my partner, the legendary... Arach!

Arach, you have proven to be a relentless warrior in your quest to eradicate the tendency for some atheists to be dishonest and refuse to acknowledge any science that could point toward a god of some kind, even if it's legitimate science. I share your detestation of such unscrupulous tactics, as well as the desire to see atheists raise their game to next level status. Unfortunately, that's a tough sell, at least amoung the current crop of New Atheists here who generally show no concern about their efficacy. Sorry, getting off topic, again.

Virtual high-five, Arach!...
WE won!

I'm off to journal about this experience while it's top of mind. I might need to re-read it when I'm feeling like I'm failing at my secret mission to bag an atheist. Oops, I've said too much already. At least it wasn't boring, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism