Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 09:41 AM

15,966 posts, read 7,027,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Its really not about who does what. Its about the issue. I'd be saying the same things I am now no matter who made the comments.
It is always about “at least you dont have to have your clitoris cut.” If Atheism is about freedom from religion, which is sexist in every religion, then it should actively work against sexism and not make stupid meaningless statements that does not even acknowledge it. Boys will be boys indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2021, 09:42 AM

50,821 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Its really not about who does what. Its about the issue. I'd be saying the same things I am now no matter who made the comments.
My post was not in response to any of your posts. It was about the OP.

Old 02-26-2021, 09:54 AM

15,966 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
You said "This thread is about sexism within the Atheist community." I don't think that is accurate. It's only about the ORGANIZED atheist community. Somebody did some numbers here a few years ago and determined that membership organizations only represent <1% of the non-believers.
It is still atheists being sexists and unable to deal with it honestly. If atheists are about freedom from religion because it is evil, they should a actively oppose all the evils, not just attack faith, which is the easiest thing to do.

Old 02-26-2021, 10:05 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
My post was not in response to any of your posts. It was about the OP.
I know. It came dangerously close to an excuse IMO.

Old 02-26-2021, 10:13 AM

Seriously is all I would expect out of another human being is just saying " yeah, that's BS" and move on. I think we need to start paying more attention to whats being said and less to who is saying it. If you dont you might end up like a certain Christian poster saying God would allow children to be raped but never allow a woman to lead.

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 02-26-2021 at 10:15 AM.. Reason: Jimmie is that poster

Old 02-26-2021, 10:16 AM

50,821 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
I know. It came dangerously close to an excuse IMO.
Saying that a society has a sexist attitude is an excuse?

Old 02-26-2021, 10:21 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
It is still atheists being sexists and unable to deal with it honestly. If atheists are about freedom from religion because it is evil, they should a actively oppose all the evils, not just attack faith, which is the easiest thing to do.
I'm an atheist who strongly opposes sexism and racism. I also oppose racism and anti semetism. But I not only belong to any atheist organization nor do I have any information about them.

Now please list three specific actions I must take to as good and wonderful as yourself in fighting sexism that does not include fighting sexism within organized religions. Also there is no obligation for atheists to be attacking religion foe the sake of it being religion. I think a woman can be a married lesbian and be a leader of the United Church of Canada.

Also which atheist on this thread has acted sexist or have been unable to deal with sexism honestly. This thread is still short so it is of less effort for you to back your claims than it was to start yet another of your "I hate atheists " threads. So again 3 precise examples of what you expect me to do to fight racism?

Old 02-26-2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Saying that a society has a sexist attitude is an excuse?
It looks like you are attempting to excuse the behavior. Whatever the reason for it is unacceptable.

Old 02-26-2021, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I'm an atheist who strongly opposes sexism and racism. I also oppose racism and anti semetism. But I not only belong to any atheist organization nor do I have any information about them.

Now please list three specific actions I must take to as good and wonderful as yourself in fighting sexism that does not include fighting sexism within organized religions. Also there is no obligation for atheists to be attacking religion foe the sake of it being religion. I think a woman can be a married lesbian and be a leader of the United Church of Canada.

Also which atheist on this thread has acted sexist or have been unable to deal with sexism honestly. This thread is still short so it is of less effort for you to back your claims than it was to start yet another of your "I hate atheists " threads. So again 3 precise examples of what you expect me to do to fight racism?
You could start by calling out CB if she defends it because its someone she agrees with.

Old 02-26-2021, 10:48 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
More accurately, it is a few people acting inappropriately. The way you said it implies that they represent all atheists, but that is not possible since >99% of atheists do not join atheist organizations,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism