Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 12:25 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I've never met a christian who didn't believe that god was all powerful.

Please shun me. I've tried to get you to do it before.
oh right ... my bad ... its only about them there bad Christians and there deity ... lmao ... yeah, its me that "wanders"

No, you are to dangerous to shun. You are as dangerous to people's liberty as a three old playing with ants is to ants.

It has no idea, it has no idea.

You'll be an admin on day ... I'll be banned for not hyper focusing on literal thread titles that are designed to be servants to FFR agenda's. I am a subversive to you. lmao. that is so funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2021, 12:56 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
And he created the advocates.
So it all boils down to the same thing.
His marketing departments are the worst marketing departments in, well, ever.
I can't disagree, Cruithne!

Old 06-18-2021, 02:05 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
oh right ... my bad ... its only about them there bad Christians and there deity ... lmao ... yeah, its me that "wanders"

No, you are to dangerous to shun. You are as dangerous to people's liberty as a three old playing with ants is to ants.

It has no idea, it has no idea.

You'll be an admin on day ... I'll be banned for not hyper focusing on literal thread titles that are designed to be servants to FFR agenda's. I am a subversive to you. lmao. that is so funny.
This post speaks for itself.

Old 06-19-2021, 07:35 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
Quote:
This post speaks for itself.
yes ... it does ... as does yours.

It shows our disconnect.

to save the atheist forum you post about about Christians and where they are wrong. That's what you went to. You gave it thought, processed its reliability, and went with it. You run away when your beliefs are challenged. Try not to be so literal phet ... oh wait, that would mean ... forget I said it.

You didn't post about your atheist beliefs ... you posted about where you think they are wrong (other beliefs) ... and you told me I am "wandering" when I talk about other atheist belief other than anti-religion beliefs. you did that.

You are as dangerous as three old playing with ants to ants. It has no idea ... it has no idea. And is happy as a lark in its own warmth. lmao ...

Old 06-19-2021, 08:20 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,684,725 times
Quote:

It shows our disconnect.

to save the atheist forum you post about about Christians and where they are wrong. That's what you went to. You gave it thought, processed its reliability, and went with it. You run away when your beliefs are challenged. Try not to be so literal phet ... oh wait, that would mean ... forget I said it.

You didn't post about your atheist beliefs ... you posted about where you think they are wrong (other beliefs) ... and you told me I am "wandering" when I talk about other atheist belief other than anti-religion beliefs. you did that.

You are as dangerous as three old playing with ants to ants. It has no idea ... it has no idea. And is happy as a lark in its own warmth. lmao ...
The members have always posted about religion, and specifically Christians. I looked at a page of this forum from 2008 and full 1 thread out of 3 had some reference to religion or Christianity in the title, not to mention the ones that referenced it in a more general way. Why in the world would you think this is unusual in a forum for Atheists and Agnostics?

Old 06-19-2021, 08:32 AM

20 posts, read 10,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
The members have always posted about religion, and specifically Christians. I looked at a page of this forum from 2008 and full 1 thread out of 3 had some reference to religion or Christianity in the title, not to mention the ones that referenced it in a more general way. Why in the world would you think this is unusual in a forum for Atheists and Agnostics?
It as is ordinary for atheists in a Christianity-permeated society to discuss Christianity as it was for republican Americans in the 1770s to discuss monarchy or for free-market advocates during the Cold War to discuss communism.

Old 06-19-2021, 08:35 AM

Quote:

It shows our disconnect.

Yes, of course. Christianity and, in fact, the world itself, will collapse because of my dissent.

And what the heck is that last sentence about?

Last edited by phetaroi; 06-19-2021 at 08:53 AM..

Old 06-19-2021, 08:53 AM

Quote:

It shows our disconnect.

I'm going to say this once again. This nonsense that you continually spout about various posters who don't agree with you running away...none of us has run away. I'm here everyday. There are times that I choose to not respond to your posts. Sometimes it's because you don't have the cortesy to create posts that are readable, and that's disrespectful to other posters. Some of your posts are just inane, something we are all guilty of from time to time, although some posters have a higher batting average on that. Often I don't respond to your posts because they're essentially two very repetetive themes -- either they're about this huge living system you talk about adnauseum, or you want to make a list. I've already responded to those recurrent posts dozens of times over the past few years; no need to keep responding to them. I'll just say ditto what I said many times before.

As far as posting where I think religionists are wrong, how is that so tremendously different than your repetitive pro-religion posts where you state why I am wrong?

What does a proselytizer often do when they approach a person. They'll often ask if they are a believer, and if one says no, they'll often start telling the person why that's wrong.

But I'm going to make a suggestion: if my posts bother you so much, there's another alternative you have. Put me on ignore. Please put me on ignore. Please please put me on ignore.

Old 06-19-2021, 08:56 AM

88,611 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Let me see if I understand this. God is all-knowing and all-powerful. Just not good at marketing.

I would say that the travesty is the never-ending excuses that religionists come up with.
Hahaha, reminded me of My Favorite Priest. He was an Italian who was raised to be a priest. Wanted to go to the Amazon as a missionary and ended up being sent to Paterson, NJ. He became disillusioned with the Catholic Church early on, quit the priesthood, married, and worked in marketing for, I think, AT&T. Later in life he visited an Episcopal church with a friend whose kid was in the Christmas pageant and was surprised to learn that everybody was welcome to take communion. He decided to stay, and when he retired, the parish priest, who wanted to do something else, suggested he become an Episcopal priest (it didn't take much since he was already an ordained Catholic priest) and take over the parish, so he did for five years until he retired for good.

Anyway, he was fond of saying, "A guy nailed to a cross is NOT a good marketing tool."

Old 06-19-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hahaha, reminded me of My Favorite Priest. He was an Italian who was raised to be a priest. Wanted to go to the Amazon as a missionary and ended up being sent to Paterson, NJ. He became disillusioned with the Catholic Church early on, quit the priesthood, married, and worked in marketing for, I think, AT&T. Later in life he visited an Episcopal church with a friend whose kid was in the Christmas pageant and was surprised to learn that everybody was welcome to take communion. He decided to stay, and when he retired, the parish priest, who wanted to do something else, suggested he become an Episcopal priest (it didn't take much since he was already an ordained Catholic priest) and take over the parish, so he did for five years until he retired for good.

Anyway, he was fond of saying, "A guy nailed to a cross is NOT a good marketing tool."
I've often thought that the bible -- particularly the OT, but to some extent the NT, as well -- is very Cecil-B-DeMille-ish. And of course, old Cecil tackled the bible at least 4 times. To say he was a drama queen is an understatement. And I have long thought that the people who wrote the bible had a great deal of drama queen in them, as well. Sometimes "high drama" sells tickets, and I have a feeling the bible writers followed that map, especially since now we hear (including this past week right on this forum) that so many of these events in the bible never really happened, that they were just tricks to get attention. Personally, I think that all too often the tales in the bible -- at least in today's world -- overshadow the lessons that they were attempting to teach. Instead, the debate will center on 'did that really happen' or 'was that really possible', instead of triggering a useful discussion about the wisdom of the teaching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism