Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2021, 07:35 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,574,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
You arecnow not just advocating for a theocracy but a ver y conservative one. A theocracy is not a meritocracy, not even close.

Little wonder you guys are called the American Taliban. Thats what it woukd be and any excuses that the Taliban is different because Christainity is different fron Islam is ignoring history. I bet a lot of good Christains would not to live in your proposed hell hole.

Fortunately you will continue being just an awful person on a forum.
Here is another political outburst by you. One of many over the years by you.

I am here just looking at what beliefs are consistent with observation. I am struck defending myself against people, like you, that are here for other reasons. Like stopping prayers at HOA meetings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 07:49 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKurreto View Post
Moderator cut: Removing abortion remark.

Global flood has petrified standing forest, if trees die they fall down then petrified, duh! They would require quick sediment filling all around them to do so. Fossils require quick coverage to maintain bones because bones in regular weather will break down over time. I witness this all my life with cow bones in fields. Whales and sea floor fossils found on top of tallest mountains just like a global flood will do, common sense dude. Whale is swimming then waters receded and whale found himself in a spot he could swim out of on top of mountain and died then snow quickly preserved his bones from rotting away, along with sea shells, etc.

Mt. Helens I believe erupted 30 or 40 years ago and in ONE single day made a canyon just 40 times smaller than the grand canyon, just ONE day. So if you add a few weeks you can have the grand canyon somewhere else very quickly. People claim millions of years for this or that and here you got just one tiny volcano carving out another grand canyon if you give it a few more days. Such a shame lost minded people like you fail to look at clear evidence. Sedimentary layers don't tell time like geological people claim, it happens quickly with numerous layers from flooding.
Tou are clueless and fail to understand basic geology and ceetainly sedimentology.

Go back to bragging about how greart your God iscin drowning babies. That made more sense than the science, history and politics that you dont understand.

Last edited by mensaguy; 08-07-2021 at 05:55 AM.. Reason: Quoted post edited.

Old 08-06-2021, 07:59 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,574,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Tou are clueless and fail to understand basic geology and ceetainly sedimentology.

Go back to bragging about how greart your God iscin drowning babies. That made more sense than the science, history and politics that you dont understand.
and how is your denial of everything based on your lack of understanding any better?

we are clearly in a vastly more complex system than humans. Ok, so he may have some traits of the thing wrong, but belief in something more is more rational than not.

Old 08-06-2021, 08:13 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Here is another political outburst by you. One of many over the years by you.

I am here just looking at what beliefs are consistent with observation. I am struck defending myself against people, like you, that are here for other reasons. Like stopping prayers at HOA meetings.
Are you in favour of reolacing your democracy with a theocracy? Do you want to replace your cobstitution and lsws with the Bible? Do you want a nation run by a Christain for Christians and decides who is a Christian? You might agree with gettingbrid if anything liberal but i doubt you would be even comfortable living in your own country the way he envidions it.

I would not live in a HOA for reasons other than the prayers. I stated my opinion that prayers have no place at meetings ike those. My opinion. I was under the impression that we were allowed to express our opinions. I have as much power to end prayers at HOA meetings as the average barn cat.

If Danny wants to change the States to a Christian theocracy to rule everyone by his version of the Bible there is zero i can or will do to stop him. I think it would be very dangerous for many Christans , most believers of other religions, atheists and LBGT hence i gave him my opinion.

Observations of history where countries have been ruled by religion are not positive. Compare most Islamic nations to themselves 40 yearscag andcsee the lose of personal rights and freedoms. The histories of Europeon countries ran by Christaibs for Christains and how they treated Jews and pagans is not a bright history.

So are none of those observations that count for you?

Enough for now from me as apparently expressing my opinion is trying to change the laws in another country.

Old 08-06-2021, 11:54 PM

16,769 posts, read 4,976,506 times
Quote:
Every single philosopher that has every argued your position has failed every time to prove it. You are not smart enough to find a logical answer because its impossible. I keep repeating myself because you have yet to prove me wrong. No atheist or agnostic like yourself can get around this.
You assertion ignores the actual logic and the definitions of words. You could actually do the logic, but I am not sure you are able to because of your religion prevents you from thinking rationally.

If a god decides X is wrong, then that means it could decide X is right. That is subjective. If a god can not decide because X is objectively true, that standard is independent of that god. The logic is that simple. This does not mean you god does not exist, it just means your argument for your god is still an epic fail.

And your argument for your god logically refutes your god, so you should not claim I am not smart when I am the one who understands this and you do not.

Quote:
Objective law means that which supercedes all human thought, mankind cannot produce what is above himself. That's trying to take something lesser and produce something greater, thats impossible from all aspects of life.
No, an objective truth (including moral law) is one that is true regardless of what we believe. So when we realize why we are moral beings, objective truths will follow from that. It can not supercede human thought, that is just meaning less term you are using to pretend only your god can do something it logically can not do.

An example. Let us define the Kurreto triangle, where you choose the length of all three sides. This is your subjective choice, but you can not choose what the three angles will be, they are objective facts about the Kurreto triangle that you can not change. Ever.

It is the same with human morality, once you realize why we have our morality, objective truths will follow.

The 'it is subjective (Nazis) or objective and objective can only come for a god' argument is not only very bad, it actually stops us becoming more moral, as it stops us asking why we are moral beings.

Old 08-06-2021, 11:55 PM

Quote:
I agree with you, logic is not subjective, we are moral beings because God designed us this way, I do like it btw.

This would have been a great reply from me to you. Very fitting.
It would have been a half truth and an assertion.

Old 08-07-2021, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Challenge any history from the Bible, the new testament is the most accurate historical document known to man, any honest historian would agree.
No honest historian would agree. Solomon building cities 200 years after he dies, or Jesus being born twice. And even when they do get facts correct, so did the fictional War and Peace.

Quote:
The geography, political figures if the times all accurate.
Mark gets his geography wrong because he takes it from the OT.

Quote:
Old Testament is harder on certain ones since lack of secular history, but there are things critics doubted then turned out being true over the decades. Nobody has ever disproven the Bible, remember that.
The book of Daniel is so inaccurate that we can determine when it was written by the few accurate dates presented as predictions.

If you are going to assert false things, you will be exposed for the false intellectual you are.

Old 08-07-2021, 12:12 AM

Quote:
You make no sense here.
To you. That is not my problem.

Quote:
We can acknowledge objective truth like 2+2=4, Pi, etc like you mention, we can acknowledge the sky is blue, or that the world is bigger than the moon, thats all objective truth for sure, but your analogy is faulty towards morality. Morality isn't defined by measuring a circle or determining the color, morals are actions physically and mentally. That's not comparable to what you mentioned.
How you measure morality does not refute my point.

Quote:
You imply arbitrary laws, thats faulty with the concept of God as a supreme being, laws=good. Good only comes from God, He is the source of all good. Therefore, good is not above God (a law superior to God) nor is good below God (arbitrary)

You are just repeating your assertion while ignoring the logic and the definition of words.
Quote:
The nazis and others can say they weren't human to justify genocide, so what if a group of people never acknowledge they are humans at all? Thats happened before. Remember you affirmed that morality is nothing but a function of the human mind. So nothing needs to be considered beyond anyone's own mind for a basis of morality according to atheism.
No, I did not affirm that morality is a function of the human mind. And the logical implications of why we are moral must be considered. You really need to get out of this simple view of morality that you have, that people decide what is moral. No one does this, ever.

Old 08-07-2021, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Democracies aren't that great, when the majority has the power then bad things happen. Look at America now. If it was a 100% democracy, life would be terrible here. All these snowflakes with their cancel culture blotting out everything that disagrees eith their liberal fantasy, it causes chaos. Majorities makes bad choices every day, meritocracy is better.
Snowflakes and cancel culture are just words used by people (often racist and homophobes) with no rational arguments.

And while democracy (which you are misrepresenting) does have it's problems, the alternatives (including theocracy) have never been better.

Old 08-07-2021, 12:20 AM

Quote:
I understand the woman vs baby death situation, just in general though?

Global flood has petrified standing forest, if trees die they fall down then petrified, duh! They would require quick sediment filling all around them to do so. Fossils require quick coverage to maintain bones because bones in regular weather will break down over time. I witness this all my life with cow bones in fields. Whales and sea floor fossils found on top of tallest mountains just like a global flood will do, common sense dude. Whale is swimming then waters receded and whale found himself in a spot he could swim out of on top of mountain and died then snow quickly preserved his bones from rotting away, along with sea shells, etc.

Mt. Helens I believe erupted 30 or 40 years ago and in ONE single day made a canyon just 40 times smaller than the grand canyon, just ONE day. So if you add a few weeks you can have the grand canyon somewhere else very quickly. People claim millions of years for this or that and here you got just one tiny volcano carving out another grand canyon if you give it a few more days. Such a shame lost minded people like you fail to look at clear evidence. Sedimentary layers don't tell time like geological people claim, it happens quickly with numerous layers from flooding.
Ha, we are working with that level of rational thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism