Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2021, 09:29 AM

1,402 posts, read 482,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
That is an incredibly detailed reference section. As a matter of fact, the entire article is so complete that it should be required reading every time somebody comes to the forums and tries to suggest that evolution isn't real.
Agreed, and there is also a "non-technical" version for those who want (or need) an introduction to the topic:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduction_to_evolution
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 09:46 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,674,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKurreto View Post
Polystrate fossil prove my point. Trees standing up right with many layers all around them tightly to the tree itself. I remember seeing a fish fossil the same way. God didn't use evolution to make us.
you mean petrified trees that got more sediment deposited around them? Of course that can happen. Like I said ... when you are looking at the site, its clear what happened.

God couldn't do it ... hmmm ... God saying "poof there it is" is so much more reliable,.

My bad

Old 08-10-2021, 10:18 AM

16,884 posts, read 5,079,405 times
Quote:
You must first prove spontaneous generation, ...
Why, it has nothing to do with evolution, as can be explained in the science section.

Quote:
... then specie changing. How does it happen? I don't know. That's what you need to prove to me.
Evening Primrose, 1905, what you call macroevolution observed. The science behind it can be explained in the science section.

Quote:
I dont need suggestions, I need proof and so far you haven't given any.
The evidence I have pointed to can be explained in the science section.

And why am I doing the work here when you have given nothing but ad hominems and examples of your ignorance?

Quote:
You dont get it do you? I have to repeat myself over and over. You can't give it of you like, let someone else who is more sophisticated at this perhaps.
Why, even my basic knowledge is much more than yours will ever be.

Quote:
How did consciousness comes about? How did a heart develop in order to sustain life of inside something with all its complexity with veins and its circulation system? You must establish this for your case to be valid. Give me something.
No, it is time you gave something. I have given you links to the evidence we have and you do not. You can even Google these questions yourself. But you do not want to learn, you just want to pretend there are problems with evolution so you can claim victory by default, without doing any work. Such shallow thinking does not work, you need to provide evidence for your theory, and it must answer the questions better than that for evolution. But you do not have that evidence, that is why you evade those tricky questions you do not like, such as how does your god know things, how does it store things, and what is it's brain made of?

The fact is that you are another pretend intellectual discussing science in the wrong forum because you know you do not have any science to support your position.

Old 08-10-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Polystrate fossil prove my point. Trees standing up right with many layers all around them tightly to the tree itself. I remember seeing a fish fossil the same way. God didn't use evolution to make us.
Trees in soil. Flood kills tree. More floods lay more sediment. Eventually all (soil, tree, sediments) get fossilized. Polystrate fossil.

It IS that easy.

Old 08-10-2021, 10:31 AM

51,393 posts, read 24,773,097 times
Quote:
Why, it has nothing to do with evolution, as can be explained in the science section.

In fact, as you know, spontaneous generation is pretty much the opposite of the concept of evolution.

Old 08-10-2021, 10:38 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,361,626 times
Quote:
Trees in soil. Flood kills tree. More floods lay more sediment. Eventually all (soil, tree, sediments) get fossilized. Polystrate fossil.

It IS that easy.
He also thinks a winter snow fall makes fossils of large mammals in short period of time. Even on mountains tjat experiece little snowfall.

Old 08-10-2021, 10:45 AM

732 posts, read 215,114 times
Quote:

Evening Primrose, 1905, what you call macroevolution observed. The science behind it can be explained in the science section.

The evidence I have pointed to can be explained in the science section.

And why am I doing the work here when you have given nothing but ad hominems and examples of your ignorance?

Why, even my basic knowledge is much more than yours will ever be.

No, it is time you gave something. I have given you links to the evidence we have and you do not. You can even Google these questions yourself. But you do not want to learn, you just want to pretend there are problems with evolution so you can claim victory by default, without doing any work. Such shallow thinking does not work, you need to provide evidence for your theory, and it must answer the questions better than that for evolution. But you do not have that evidence, that is why you evade those tricky questions you do not like, such as how does your god know things, how does it store things, and what is it's brain made of?

The fact is that you are another pretend intellectual discussing science in the wrong forum because you know you do not have any science to support your position.
Spontaneous generation has EVERYTHING to do with evolution. You are seeming to run from this like every agnostic I've come across. Nobody has ever proved either one. Genetics don't allow for new information to pop out of nothing, study genetics then come back to me about it to affirm I'm right. You don't possess enough knowledge to argue evolution with me.

Old 08-10-2021, 10:47 AM

51,393 posts, read 24,773,097 times
Quote:
Spontaneous generation has EVERYTHING to do with evolution. You are seeming to run from this like every agnostic I've come across. Nobody has ever proved either one. Genetics don't allow for new information to pop out of nothing, study genetics then come back to me about it to affirm I'm right. You don't possess enough knowledge to argue evolution with me.
No, it does not. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_generation

Old 08-10-2021, 11:02 AM

16,768 posts, read 15,834,262 times
Quote:
Quote:
Danny, you really need to go to the Wikipedia article that Harry linked and read it. Read the whole article. Anything that isn't clear, use the references. It's become abundantly clear that you don't know much about evolution. You have been given the information. Now use it.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Spontaneous generation has EVERYTHING to do with evolution. You are seeming to run from this like every agnostic I've come across. Nobody has ever proved either one.
Yes, I guess people do run from your ignorance.

Quote:
Genetics don't allow for new information to pop out of nothing, study genetics then come back to me about it to affirm I'm right.
Manfred Eigen hypercycles show that you are wrong. This can be explained in the science section. Study genetics instead of just making ignorant assertions.

Quote:
You don't possess enough knowledge to argue evolution with me.
You did not even know what HOX genes are or their role, which can be explained in the science section.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism