Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 08:01 PM

52 posts, read 67,728 times

Advertisements

Why would a rational person fall for that kind of salvation as others here note? The death was a blood sacrifice as wrong as that of the Aztecs and the Incas! Yahweh entrapped that pair in the myth. Then he wrongly harmed them and their posterity. Why would any rational person believe that stupid myth?
Yeshua's mother should have aborted the jerk! His ethic was silly and dangerous as noted. Errantists cannot answer his awful prattle. He says to love but that means love others even should you enslave them! Bring my enemies .... and those other evil comments as already noted here show him as a dangerous person. Yet, he got himself killed when he could have saved himself shows his intransigence to his delusion of grandeur.
Now, I'm going by what the Testament says about him. What he really states is irrelevant in that most Christians see him not as actually described but as they wish to see him!
In context, he was such! Errantists err as well as inerrantists,just differently. Haughty John Haught downplays the evil passages of the Tanakh and the Testament by prattling that why, the real message is not morality but hope from first to end in the Buy-bull.
What's the hope then in those execrable passages? None!
To help me better learn foreign languages I had many translations of that anthology but gave them to Good-Will after reading about Jephthah's daughter in Norwegian.
We rationalists and others can find better motivation to being moral elsewhere! Google covenant morality for humanity- the presumption of humanism to see how.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 08:09 PM

127 posts, read 198,280 times
He's found in *some* religious texts. If he turns out to be a real person, I'd say he's a philosopher, not some kind of magic guy.
Think about it.. he went around and challenged and made people think, just like Anaxymander, Socrates, and Plato.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:37 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,959,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Jesus was just some man who made an impression on a few people, much like Jim Jones. Yet, when he died, there were a few good storytellers who were so heartbroken, that they conjured up this story that has grown out of country over time.

And what a story it is: Jesus died for "our sins", so we must spend our entire lives repaying him by acting as if we must repay a debt. God, what nonsense. I was a little boy and asked my religious grandmother if I had sinned. I was only 9-10 for crying out loud. She said that we all sinned from birth. I didn't buy it. I mean what kind of God labels me as having "sinned" from birth. Absolute lunacy from jump.
The kind of cult that force children into lewd acts behind closed doors with smiles on their faces yet tells you YOUR child is the sinner at birth and will burn in hell unless bathe in the holy waters that they stick their filthy hands in.

As for my take on Jesus.. I don't believe he was a real man however for the sake of argument if he was he was an egotistical schizophrenic who could have sold water to fish..

Old 09-23-2012, 09:58 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,986,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post
Those of you that believe Jesus did exist....who was he? Discuss
He was a regual Joe like you and I, he was just better at communicating his ideas than others and perhaps also braver than some to express these thougths.

No super powers or anything like that.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:09 PM

68 posts, read 108,958 times
I suspect that jesus was a close friend to both paul bunyan and pecos bill!!

Old 09-25-2012, 02:44 PM

11 posts, read 12,193 times
I do fully respect Jesus Christ as a great person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism