Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 02:06 PM

33,527 posts, read 37,125,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Opinion of right and wrong is not persecution...

PERSECUTION - The infliction of suffering or harm upon those who differ (in race, religion or political opinion) in a way regarded as offensive.

I make no gay suffer, i've never hurt a gay physically, never have wished them or inflicted harm upon a Gay person.

No thanks. I find redefining marriage to be offensive.

godspeed,

freedom
Do you not see that Christians collectively by your own definition are persecuting gays? You are doing a lot of harm in my opinion.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:08 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Well ofcourse in your opinion it seems harmful when someone is obstructing the open acceptance of a traditionally unacceptable life choice.

The acceptable degrading of our morals is not something that clear thinking people should advocate.

Let people have the freedom to choose how they live? Yes...

Be forced to accept something that is clearly not within one's moral compass?
NO way...

Unfortunately there will be a time when no one will be able to speak freely about whether gay sex is moral or not... the speech police are working overtime to make it hate speech, and that is not acceptable either...

Do you wish to have my freedom of opinion taken away? That's rhetorical, i know you would love that....

godspeed,

freedom
Why is homosexuality degrading and immoral. Also, why is it against someone's 'moral compass.' Just because homosexuality has traditionally been unacceptable, that doesn't mean it's degrading and immoral. Slavery used to be traditionally acceptable yet very few people find it acceptable now. Also, where in the bible is same sex marriage prohibited.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:24 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,270,698 times
Moderator cut:

For those whose posts were deleted, for those who received infractions, for those would question any of the above, please refer to the Terms of Service.

This thread was done about five pages and nearly 25 deletions ago.

It is officially done, now.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism