Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 04:22 PM

300 posts, read 735,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
In other words it's saying, enjoy your actions because that's as good as it's ever going to get. Also, you will bear the consequences of your actions.
I don't think it's that complicated. It's plain and simple whining of a frustrated guy who does not get any. Namely, "look, they are pawing her, they are ***ing here and she likes it, be them all condemned and burn for eternity cuz I ain' getting any!"

That's more like it.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:27 PM

455 posts, read 1,018,149 times
Quote:
Those that commented on Ezekiel. Did you finish reading or did you just stop at gross?

Ezekiel

23:26 They shall also strip thee out of thy clothes, and take away thy fair jewels. 23:27 Thus will I make thy lewdness to cease from thee, and thy whoredom brought from the land of Egypt: so that thou shalt not lift up thine eyes unto them, nor remember Egypt any more. 23:28 For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will deliver thee into the hand of them whom thou hatest, into the hand of them from whom thy mind is alienated: 23:29 And they shall deal with thee hatefully, and shall take away all thy labour, and shall leave thee naked and bare: and the nakedness of thy whoredoms shall be discovered, both thy lewdness and thy whoredoms. 23:30 I will do these things unto thee, because thou hast gone a whoring after the heathen, and because thou art polluted with their idols. 23:31 Thou hast walked in the way of thy sister; therefore will I give her cup into thine hand. 23:32 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou shalt drink of thy sister's cup deep and large: thou shalt be laughed to scorn and had in derision; it containeth much. 23:33 Thou shalt be filled with drunkenness and sorrow, with the cup of astonishment and desolation, with the cup of thy sister Samaria. 23:34 Thou shalt even drink it and suck it out, and thou shalt break the sherds thereof, and pluck off thine own breasts: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.
23:35
Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast forgotten me, and cast me behind thy back, therefore bear thou also thy lewdness and thy whoredoms. The King James Version Free Online Bible

In other words it's saying, enjoy your actions because that's as good as it's ever going to get. Also, you will bear the consequences of your actions.

Also to do a comparison of society of then and now, the difference escapes me. I will be so bold as to say, it is the same now as it was then and nothing changes over time, but time itself.

A person can pick a part and make justification; a person can justify anything if they present it well enough.
Awesome verses! I love the vengeful Lord. He made those whores pay. Stripped them naked, handed them over to people whom they hated to be dealt with hatefully. Then he gave them a cup to drink out of to get drunk and to be laughed at (they are still naked). They then break the cup and tear off their breasts! HAH! The Lord sure told them whores!

Woooooooo! I love the Lord! I love you too actonbell for posting such a great verse!

Old 04-11-2009, 05:28 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,591,221 times
Arrow Ezekiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaicheg View Post
I don't think it's that complicated. It's plain and simple whining of a frustrated guy who does not get any. Namely, "look, they are pawing her, they are ***ing here and she likes it, be them all condemned and burn for eternity cuz I ain' getting any!"

That's more like it.
The whole story is not in just that one verse. That's like looking at a video and cutting it to suit the presentation.

Do people read the summary of a book and presume to know the whole story based on that summary?

How many people look at playboy and call it art? How many look at art and call it playboy?

As for as what the pawing, XXX rated shows and people.... Please...

Sometimes I wonder, but most times, I do not care to have the headache the wonder produces.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
The whole story is not in just that one verse. ..
As for as what the pawing, XXX rated shows and people.... ...

Sometimes I wonder, but most times, I do not care to have the headache the wonder produces....
...especially when you take it out for a ride through reality check

The whole Bible is XXX rated, with bloody gore, perverted sex and insanity raving. Not suited for children of any age. See Mel Gibson's film, and he actually sugar-coated it, excluding some of the XXX materials that should be there for the completeness of the picture.

The book is bigger than one verse, but there is not much else beside the same sexual frustration of male losers, ignorant, bad-spirited, obsessed with their manhood that didn't do them any good. At that time, who else would be spending so much time writing up all that drivel with so much work to do in the fields, in the shops, in the marketplace... Can anyone imagine a married woman with kids write such a book? Or a married man burdened with a large nuclear family?

Old 04-11-2009, 06:33 PM

455 posts, read 1,018,149 times
Quote:
Sometimes I wonder, but most times, I do not care to have the headache the wonder produces.
I think this statement says a lot.

actonbell, don't you just love our Lord and Savior?

More scripture:

Deuteronomy 22:28-29
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Analysis: I like this one because it shows the sanctity of marriage. The Lord is a loving God! If only we had laws like this today, where the only punishment for rape would be 50 pieces of silver and a life-long marriage to the woman you raped. I love the Lord! And I don't want to hear any crap about rape victim's rights. We all know God's stance on that!

I love you all. And most importantly I love you my Lord and Savior!

Old 04-11-2009, 06:43 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,713,752 times
Why was this blasphemous thread moved to the forum of the believers?

Old 04-11-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
Analysis: I like this one because it shows the sanctity of marriage. The Lord is a loving God! If only we had laws like this today, where the only punishment for rape would be 50 pieces of silver and a life-long marriage to the woman you raped. I love the Lord! And I don't want to hear any crap about rape victim's rights. We all know God's stance on that!
So, per the Good Book, the price of a lifelong marriage was 50 sheqels. By today's exchange rates, ILS 50 = USD 12.16665. Not much, and you can keep the change. Oh, my, what a change. Someone caught a-raping redhanded, pays $12 and a small clam and walks away. Anybody's got a time machine that's a-crankin' that I could borrow?

Old 04-11-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
woops, sorry, didn't notice it was Christian forum. Mea culpa.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:53 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,713,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaicheg View Post
I am not posting in the Christian forum, I respect their boundaries. But AFAIK, that's general religion forum, whatever POV goes. I don't mind reading the religious posts, feel free to read mine (or not if it bothers you).
Zaicheg, I understand your life's frustrations which is driving that drivel you pour into these threads. Hey, we all have our problems.

But this thread has been moved by the moderators to the Christianity forum, probably by mistake or it was just moved coz of the title. Would you mind showing some respect now?

Old 04-11-2009, 06:53 PM

479 posts, read 1,455,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
I'm wondering the same thing...I was expecting to read many favorites of those posting here...and I hear ridicule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism