Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 03:08 AM

455 posts, read 1,018,515 times

Advertisements

What are some of your favorite Bible verses?

Here are a few of mine:

Exodus 35:2
For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day you shall have a holy day, a sabbath of complete rest to the LORD; whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.

Numbers 15:32-36
Now while the sons of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering wood on the sabbath day. Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation; and they put him in custody because it had not been declared what should be done to him. Then the LORD said to Moses, “The man shall surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” So all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him to death with stones, just as the LORD had commanded Moses.

Exodus 21:20-21
“If a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod and he dies at his hand, he shall be punished. “If, however, he survives a day or two, no vengeance shall be taken; for he is his property.

Praise the Lord!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:36 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,263,662 times
Such viciousness is why I could never accept such a religion as moral - it is not.

Why is this in the atheist forum?

Old 04-10-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
Such viciousness is why I could never accept such a religion as moral - it is not.

Why is this in the atheist forum?

sat⋅ire

 /ˈsætaɪər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sat-ahyuhr] Show IPA –noun 1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc. 2. a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule. 3. a literary genre comprising such compositions.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:38 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,071,140 times
God is so holy that he was willing to punish people with death for violating his laws.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:48 AM

593 posts, read 1,795,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
What are some of your favorite Bible verses?

Here are a few of mine:

Exodus 35:2
For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day you shall have a holy day, a sabbath of complete rest to the LORD; whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.

Numbers 15:32-36
Now while the sons of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering wood on the sabbath day. Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation; and they put him in custody because it had not been declared what should be done to him. Then the LORD said to Moses, “The man shall surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” So all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him to death with stones, just as the LORD had commanded Moses.

Exodus 21:20-21
“If a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod and he dies at his hand, he shall be punished. “If, however, he survives a day or two, no vengeance shall be taken; for he is his property.

Praise the Lord!
Galations 6:7
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.

2 Corinthians 4:4

in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should not dawn upon them .

Proverbs 1:29

Because they hated knowledge And did not choose the fear of the LORD.

These are some of my favorite verses...

Happy Easter...He is Risen! He is Risen indeed!!

Old 04-10-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
God is so holy that he was willing to punish people with death for violating his laws.
Someone willing to punish people with death for violating his laws?

Hard not to agree with your assertion that they are holy.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post

Amen! I like this one! I will choose a life of fear over anything!

Praaaaiiise the Lord!

Old 04-10-2009, 09:38 AM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
Galations 6:7
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.

2 Corinthians 4:4

in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should not dawn upon them .

These are some of my favorite verses...

Happy Easter...He is Risen! He is Risen indeed!!
Uh,...Pardon me, but it is people of faith that hate knowledge...Why else would so many blind themselves to so much of science? Science is 100% about increasing our knowledge.

Numbers 29: And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.

30: And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? and he said, Nay.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:07 AM

285 posts, read 616,462 times
Question Fav Bible Verses????

Matthew 5:5
Blessed are the meek for they shall.....

Make great scapegoats

OOOOPS

Old 04-10-2009, 12:07 PM

593 posts, read 1,795,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
Amen! I like this one! I will choose a life of fear over anything!

Praaaaiiise the Lord!
It's not "life over anything" it's "fear of the Lord".......

One does wonder why so much time is spent by unbelievers on Atheist forums mocking God whom they don't believe in???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism