Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 02:58 PM

7 posts, read 18,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastminutemom View Post
You have to make noise so that they know someone is home. You are lucky that they didn't break down the door, which is what happened recently in a neighborhood near mine.

Flick the lights, yell who it is (while you are calling 911) do something that lets them know you are there.

Also, if you are in the newish city of SS or the newer city of Dunwoody, your police forces are suppose to be more responsive than the county forces were.

Call them.
Unfortunately, one of the members of our HOA has observed that the SS police were not even aware of the nearby break-ins when they responded to one in our neighborhood at the beginning of the month.

Our neighborhood has a distribution list which people are now using to report suspicious vehicles, etc., and we're getting our alarm system hooked up again this week. Too bad it has to come to all this...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 08:10 PM

5 posts, read 12,768 times
Crime in Dunwoody has become horrible, the police here do not seem to be able to handle it. The city in general has gone down hill since forming a local government of their own.

P.S. Don`t even ask about the condition of the streets, the city boasts a surplus of funds for the year, but the streets are almost in third world condition

Old 10-12-2010, 06:11 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunwoodyDad View Post
Crime in Dunwoody has become horrible, the police here do not seem to be able to handle it. The city in general has gone down hill since forming a local government of their own.

P.S. Don`t even ask about the condition of the streets, the city boasts a surplus of funds for the year, but the streets are almost in third world condition
Sounds like sour grapes....did you get a ticket? I can't even fathom that someone would say crime and the city have gone downhill since cityhood...I have a relative who is on the Dekalb PD and even HE says getting our own police force was the smartest thing we ever did! So we've gone from one random Dekalb patrol car that might happen to meander through the town (old world) to a full squad of cops patrolling just our city (new world) and you think that is "downhill?" You do realize that prior to cityhood there were something like 3-4 patrol cars covering the ENTIRE area from Brookhaven through Dunwoody, right?? Do you think that is better?

Regarding streets, you've really got to be kidding me. How long have you lived in the area? If you have a pot hole you want filled, call the city...they will fill it. They are in the midst of major repavings but money doesn't grow on trees. The streets have been in deplorable condition due to neglect by Dekalb county for a decade, you don't correct that overnight....we've literally been a city for less than 2 years!

I don't mean to go off on you, but it really annoys me when people complain about things with zero facts and, on top of that, don't offer solutions or say how they intend to reverse the supposedly deplorable conditions.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:21 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,621,509 times
They're constantly fixing streets in Dunwoody. I can't imagine why anyone would say they're not. I even got annoyed a couple of weeks ago because it seemed there was a road crew on every street I went down. I finally had to laugh at myself, because I had complained about those same streets, yet when they fixed them I complained too!

As for crime, I don't feel at all uncomfortable here. Of course, I take reasonable precautions, but it doesn't seem to be an overriding concern.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:26 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,115,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
They're constantly fixing streets in Dunwoody. I can't imagine why anyone would say they're not. I even got annoyed a couple of weeks ago because it seemed there was a road crew on every street I went down. I finally had to laugh at myself, because I had complained about those same streets, yet when they fixed them I complained too!

As for crime, I don't feel at all uncomfortable here. Of course, I take reasonable precautions, but it doesn't seem to be an overriding concern.
Check said poster's posting history. Methinks he has an agenda...

Old 10-12-2010, 09:39 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Check said poster's posting history. Methinks he has an agenda...
Haha - yeah, I got all fired up on this post, then noted that he had posted on every Dunwoody post last night for all 5 of his postings to date.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:48 AM

Yeah, I realized that too, after I'd posted. Hey, maybe he's the person who wrote that letter in the Dunwoody Crier about the crime that will come if they put a Chick-Fil-A at Mt. Vernon and Dunwoody Club. Crime and Chick-Fil-A? Seriously?

Old 10-12-2010, 12:41 PM

2,240 posts, read 5,861,348 times
HA! Roslyn, the person that wrote that letter lived in the same townhome community as a family member of mine (being circumspect here in case that person is on C-D) and he/she is known to be a serial writer of *ahem* "unusual" letters to the Crier, the cops, and anyone who will listen. That is, however, one of the more memorable ones.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:41 PM

Glad to know that's not the general mindset of my neighbors. I agree with the folks who say it will create a major traffic hassle, especially at lunchtime. But I like CFA, and would like to have one in that location as it's very near me.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:39 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,115,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
Glad to know that's not the general mindset of my neighbors. I agree with the folks who say it will create a major traffic hassle, especially at lunchtime. But I like CFA, and would like to have one in that location as it's very near me.
Lord love Chick-Fil-A. I'd put up with any amount of crime to have one near me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta