Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 06:15 PM

16 posts, read 45,801 times

Advertisements

I swear I read this somewhere, but wasn't the spot next to disco Kroger supposed to be a grand scheme of shops/ condos?

I believe back in 2007/2008, I read somewhere and saw picture renderings that the spot next to disco Kroger (the spot parking spot right in front of LA fitness and there used to be a restaurant on right on piedmont. In front of the now Terminus buidling.
---- essentially Piedmont and Peachtree intersection----

Weren't there some plans of building shops and such? I want to say the project was supposed to be called the Promenade or something?

Anyone remember this? If yes, do you have the picture renderings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 06:32 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,108,189 times
Yes, the development is going to still be called Buckhead Place. Just like everything else, the economy has stalled it. If I remember correctly, the Rooms to Go, Yamins Rugs, and the Hotel on Piedmont next to Clarence Fosters are all going to be redeveloped, as it the parking lot next to the new condo tower on Peachtree. The condo tower, 05 Buckhead, is just the first phase. I dont know if there are renderings for it though.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:58 PM

what is Clarence Fosters.. do you mean the hotel on piedmont as in Hyatt Place or the Hampton Inn (next to Chase bank)?

Aside from the current 05 Buckhead residential tower, were there past considerations for more condos/ residential buildings

Also... do you think the Disco Kroger shopping center will always be there? It seems to never be going away. Do you think that can ever be turned into a mixed-used space-- the oh so popular residential/ commercial space?

by the way.. yes that Yamins Rug is an eye sore. it needs to go away.
I think the area from Hamptons Inn all the way to Lenox Road / piedmont needs some refinishing touch ups. It looks poor next to the nice skyline.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:30 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,108,189 times
Sorry I got confused. There isnt a hotel there its just a parking lot, in between Rooms to Go and the perpendicular wing of the Kroger shopping center (my older sister used to hang out at a bar in that wing - Clarence Fosters - I still call it that but its been gone for over a decade). I think it may be a gallery of some kind now.

But yeah the parking lots on Piedmont and Peachtree, Yamins, and Rooms to Go were supposed to be developed. The hotel (Hyatt) is to stay. Here is a 5-year old article about it:

Coro Realty expands prime Buckhead Place - Atlanta Business Chronicle

I dont think the Disco Kroger shopping center will be developed for at least another decade, maybe two. Thats a huge plot of land and it goes back very deep. Im not sure Buckhead could support a development that would take up such a large space. Buckhead is still to suburban, but it is becoming urban quickly so who knows.

Also, when the economy rebounds, apparently the Christian Church and Bookstore on Peachtree in between Maggianos and The Mansion is slated to be developed with a skyscraper.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:17 PM

So the Yamins rug is supposed to stay as is? and the Rooms to Go building too?

True, the disco building is a big plot of land so it will have to be a big development-- maybe size of Atlantic station, right?

By the way.. I found pictures online of Buckhead Place--- see here-->
http://atlantasouth.2.forumer.com/a/..._post2095.html

Very interesting...

what are your thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta