Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 08:15 PM

6 posts, read 39,018 times

Advertisements

Looking for nice 1 or 2 bedroom in either Midtown or Buckhead- want to be close to a park to walk dog and safe area.

I am a professional single female- 30 yrs. old.
What location has best restaurants, clubs, bars and shopping etc?

And also young professionals?

What is best apartment to rent in Buckhead, and also Midtown?

If I decide to buy condo what is nicest condo in Buckhead or Midtown with lots of single young professionals?

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 08:22 PM

143 posts, read 346,262 times
Well first, what's your budget or what range would you like to be in? That'll help people make recommendations. What kind of vibe do you want? Midtown is more like a traditional city, Buckhead feels more like a high-volume suburb (to me, anyway).

If I had to pick one area over the other, I'd pick Midtown for my own purposes because I think that the restaurant and bar scenes are better in Midtown, plus Piedmont Park is in Midtown. As far as I know (and correct me if I'm wrong), I hear a lot of people in the Buckhead area like to take their dogs to Lenox Park, but that might not be quite as convenient depending on where you are in Buckhead.

It will depend on your own personal taste which you'll enjoy more, so if you can give us some background and/or details, you'll probably get more tailored recommendations on buildings/complexes.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:56 AM

6 posts, read 39,018 times
Default Willing to pay $1200 to $1500 a month for rent

Looking for modern newer apartments with pool, nice gym, etc.
Midtown may be more to my liking.

So what do you think are the nicest apartments for rent and Condos for sale?

Old 08-07-2010, 07:16 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,098,638 times
Another thing to consider - where will you be working?

For rentals - www.promove.com can assist you.

Condo - what is your price range? What amenities would you want?

Old 08-07-2010, 08:10 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,996,790 times
If you want things within walking distance, Midtown is probably the way to go. Buckhead is quite dense in places but not set up like a normal city; people expect to drive a few miles to get to everything. Buckhead is superior for shopping, but unless you live close enough to Lenox to walk (you probably won't) it's not a big deal; you'll just have to drive 15 minutes as opposed to 5 to get there.

It sounds like you want to rent a condo, which is typically a more upmarket experience than an apartment complex. There are a couple highrise apartments in Midtown, but most apartments here are lowrise (as in Buckhead) and might as well be located out in the suburbs.

If you decide to rent a condo, make sure it's legal (you typically sign an agreement with the HOA and the landlord) and make sure rent is inclusive of HOA fees (typically the owner pays the HOA fees, not the renter). When apartment hunting, just because something says 'Midtown apartment' doesn't mean it's anywhere close (ditto Buckhead). You really need to be east of I-85, south of 17th st, west of piedmont, and no of north ave to be in the dense, nice part of midtown. There's also a beautiful single-family house neighborhood called Midtown that is east of Piedmont, although this doesn't sound like what you are looking for; just be aware this area is (properly) called Midtown as well.

Spire, Viewpoint, and 1280 West are probably all worth looking at. Rentals are harder to find in brand new ones like 1010 Midtown.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:55 AM

32,032 posts, read 36,837,963 times
A friend of mine moved to this new tower and she likes it a lot. It was built as a condo building but they converted it to apartments when the condo market tanked.

Great location -- walking distance to the grocery store, coffee shops, Lenox, MARTA station, etc. There are probably a lot of clubs around there but the only one that comes to mind is the Havana Club.

O5 Buckhead

Last edited by arjay57; 08-07-2010 at 09:30 AM..

Old 08-07-2010, 11:17 AM

1,228 posts, read 2,391,158 times
There is an apartment building on 14th street next to the W Midtown, and I would check the Mayfair towers for rentals. Piedmont park is right there, so it would be super close for the doggie. Restaurants are within walking distance right there, it's worth a look.

Old 08-07-2010, 03:11 PM

143 posts, read 346,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midtown mile girl View Post
There is an apartment building on 14th street next to the W Midtown, and I would check the Mayfair towers for rentals. Piedmont park is right there, so it would be super close for the doggie. Restaurants are within walking distance right there, it's worth a look.
Do you know the name of those apartments? I'd be interested in looking in to them as well...

Old 08-07-2010, 05:18 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,098,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterDawg85 View Post
Do you know the name of those apartments? I'd be interested in looking in to them as well...
I think she was referring to Sterling on the Park. However, I could not find the apartment complex's direct website.

Great place to live ..., Recommended, Sep 08, 2006, apartment review of Sterling at the Park Apartments in Atlanta, GA

Old 08-09-2010, 02:43 AM

18 posts, read 70,741 times
I am originally from Atlanta and moving back by the end of the year. I go there all the time so I am up to date on what Atlanta is like. I would personally recommend Buckhead because although I like many things about midtown there is just so much more in Buckhead. Buckhead basically has all of the major shopping in Atlanta, the restaurants are amazing, and the atmosphere is so delightful. I would say there might be a larger young population in midtown, but there are still tons of young people in Buckhead. Also being in Buckhead will cut down on you commute to shopping and restaurants, but it might make your commute to work longer if you are working downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta