Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 11:01 AM

23 posts, read 93,187 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. This is my first post here.

I'm a SBF thinking about relocating to the Atlanta, GA area. I've been reading some of the threads on this forum and other places online and I have a trip planned to ATL next month.

I've heard elsewhere and read on this forum that there are a lot of places where the Black, gay community and the Black hip hop community hang out.

But what about the Black professional community? Where do these people live and socialize? TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 11:56 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,021,034 times
check your e-mail!

DC, Dallas, NYC, Miami, and several other cities actually have more gays/lesbians than Atlanta

Old 07-11-2010, 11:58 AM

57 posts, read 241,045 times
And be careful, because as another poster put it in a post long ago - the "hip-hop" community likes to infiltrate the spots where the Black professionals and intellectuals hang out. Unfortunate but true.

I'll send you a private message.

Last edited by Nonpareil; 07-11-2010 at 12:28 PM..

Old 07-11-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
check your e-mail!

DC, Dallas, NYC, Miami, and several other cities actually have more gays/lesbians than Atlanta
More gays/lesbian by actual numbers or more by percentage of the population?

Old 07-11-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post
And be careful, because as another poster put it in a post long ago - the "hip-hop" community likes to infiltrate the spots where the Black professionals and intellectuals hang out. Unfortunate but true.

I'll send you a private message.
Hahaha, I believe it.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:52 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,021,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_Esquire View Post

LGBT Market - Markets (http://www.ethnicevents.com/markets/LGBT-American-Market - broken link)

Old 07-11-2010, 05:22 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
I would think that there are plenty of young professional hangouts for all colors around Atlanta...that crowd isn't all that set on breaking it down between black and white - at least as far as I know. I could be wrong.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:30 PM

468 posts, read 790,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_Esquire View Post
By numbers because Atlanta does have the largest AA pride Celebration and largest AA gay community.. ALso Highest percentage of gays based off city Population and they have the 4th largest gay pride celebration.. anyway

In Atlanta you will find alot of professionals at hip hop clubs. There At lounges, strip clubs, Art galleries sporting events.. etc There all over the place...

Old 07-11-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
I would think that there are plenty of young professional hangouts for all colors around Atlanta...that crowd isn't all that set on breaking it down between black and white - at least as far as I know. I could be wrong.

So this is your opinion? I'm looking for someone who knows the facts. No offense.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:33 PM

468 posts, read 790,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
LGBT Market - Markets (http://www.ethnicevents.com/markets/LGBT-American-Market - broken link)

For some reason why are Atlanta NYC LA and SF Always mentioned as big Gay destinations...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta