Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 08:48 AM

52 posts, read 158,481 times

Advertisements

It's a pretty quiet area but it has grown a lot over the last few years. I think it's nice...you're away enough from the city to enjoy the quiet while still being close enough to drive in for the day. The areas nearest Cahteau Elan are probably the most urbane (can you use that word when describing Braselton, lol?).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 06:53 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,896,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeebeee1 View Post
It's a nice location for a young family. I live just 15 min north of there in Jefferson. I commute to John's Creek three days a week and if I had to do it five days a week, I'd want to stick daggers in my eyes. I have had my house on the market for a year and half, there are so many foreclosures, I cannot compete. I am thinking of walking away soon, honestly. So, you should have gotten a great deal on a house because Braselton has been hit as hard as my area.

There are lots of family restaurants and the Mall of Georgia is convenient for all sorts of activities. If I had a young family, it's a place I'd definitely consider, for sure, because you will be surrounded by a similar demographic and your money goes a LONG way there IF you plan not to move anytime soon as the market will take some time to rebound there (I think about 10 yrs).

There's some great local shopping, antique stores, and a very laid back way of living with lots of swim tennis communities.
Thanks for the info...

Yes it is impossible to compete with the foreclosures... There were some great deals in Braselton. We only plan to stay for 5-7 years before moving out of the state of GA.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:00 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,896,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
If your talking Chateau Elan- I made that trip everyday (in reverse) when I was building up there.
McGinnis Ferry Rd was my major "cut-across" road.
I have been in Braselton now for 3 weeks... And you were right, McGinnis Ferry is the major road I use going to John's Creek. My drive is around 30 minutes every day +/- 10 minutes.

We are still unpacking and getting familiar with the area. But it seems to be a great place at this point... Gotta give kudos to the Mrs for finding it. I would have never looked out here.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:32 AM

48 posts, read 77,494 times
I had never thought about this area and when I read this thread I instantly jumped onto the realty sites and found the area to be very cheap. It's a little unsettling, the amount of foreclosures is really high from the looks of it. There are really nice houses for really cheap prices in Braselton and Jefferson area. What is the vibe of the place these days? Is most of the community commuters? How long is the commute to Athens? There is a Whole Foods in town, what about other similar stores? Should I be alarmed by the high foreclosure rate? Anything else to take note of, like crime?

Old 11-22-2010, 07:27 AM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,522 posts, read 2,244,620 times
ROAD ATLANTA!!!! If you ride or like sportbikes and an occasional Sports Car race, Road Atlanta is located in Braselton. Other than that, cant help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta