Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 01:35 PM

36 posts, read 118,077 times

Advertisements

I see, I heard about Senoia and the Senoia Coffee House sounds great. What is your opinion of Abror Springs Plantation and Lake Redwine Plantation? How do they compare to the area east of Peachtree Pkwy in Kedron Village (except add the peninsula), Smokerise Plantation, Smokerise Estates, Stoneybrook, Kedron Hills, ect. ? Which area is more exclusive and has better name recognition with peopel in the area?

Any thoughts and any other communities that are premier communities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 01:57 PM

865 posts, read 2,431,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgastelum07 View Post
I see, I heard about Senoia and the Senoia Coffee House sounds great. What is your opinion of Abror Springs Plantation and Lake Redwine Plantation? How do they compare to the area east of Peachtree Pkwy in Kedron Village (except add the peninsula), Smokerise Plantation, Smokerise Estates, Stoneybrook, Kedron Hills, ect. ? Which area is more exclusive and has better name recognition with peopel in the area?

Any thoughts and any other communities that are premier communities?
I don't know much about the south end of PTC (we live in the far north end), but I can tell you about those subdivisions. Smokerise has very large homes, large lots - many are million dollar plus homes that are on Lake Kedron. It's a beautiful subdivision - no amenities (ok, a joke of a kiddy park), but you're on the lake with trails everywhere. Stoneybrook has some older homes, some are smaller, less expensive, but you can also get really big expensive ones on Lake Kedron. It has a tennis court and swimming pool in community. It's very woody and shaded. Kedron Hills (where we live, and we looked all around in these subdivisions) has large lots, large homes, but the price point is probably a bit less than the other 2 subdivisions. The highest priced home is selling for $700k right now, but the lowest is just under $400k. All homes and lots are large, and it has a community pool with a swim team, and a nice playground. Kedron Hills has more of a "neighborhoody feel" without the homes being right next to each other.

As for restaurants - there are quite a few choices in PTC, but they overlap. Lots of pizza, Italian, etc. No Indian, for ex. Fayetteville and Newnan have more of a shopper mecca to them, and so you get the chains like Hooters, Red Robin, Olive Garden, for ex., that we don't have here. I'm betting that few people trek to one town vs. another just to eat, and that more people probably eat somewhere b/c they went there for the day (like going to Newnan to shop, and then stay to eat). I know some people that go to Senoia specifically to eat there at certain places, but most people I know have kids and stay pretty close to home, no matter what town they live in.

Hope this helps!

Old 09-26-2010, 07:52 PM

36 posts, read 118,077 times
Thanks so much for that great post ! It was what I was looking for and helps greatly. That information is very helpful. Thanks for the info on the businesses as well with Fayetteville and Newnan being so close. That area in Peachtree seems very attractive and is it perceived that way (as the top area) by businesses, residents, others? Thanks again for the information and thoughts

Old 11-29-2010, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,384 times
yes i agree with many of the posts, go to [url=http://www.the-best-atlanta-real-estate-advice.com]The Best Atlanta Real Estate Advice[/url] for more informative and timely advice!

Old 11-29-2010, 02:52 PM

562 posts, read 1,790,754 times
I lived in Newnan for 2 years, so I could help answer some questions, but you need to answer the oringinal question first. What are you looking for? From all your posts its looks like you just want the subdivion that gets you the most recognized name? Are you that stuck up? If so then I would highly consider Peachtree city over Newnan, or Tyrone.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:38 PM

8 posts, read 14,570 times
It sounds to me like you would be very happy with Peachtree City. In spite of the assinine comment of the above poster many enjoy the conveniece of a planned city like PTC. It has all the amenities just a golf cart ride away. No it does not have the extensive restaurants of cultural sites of Mid Town or Buckhead but it has all the average family could want and if you still want the other then it's a short hop to 85 and your headed into Atlanta for a night on the town. PTC has no crime to speak of and is an extremely well maintained suburb.
My personal taste would run more to Fayetteville or even Senoia possibly Newnan. As a country boy I need a little more room than the typical subdivision and all three of these areas have nice homes with acreage available. Just be sure to stay south of 54 and west of 92 in the Fayetteville area, those are the sides away from Riverdale and Jonesboro. I don't know as much about Newnan but it is a lovely old town to me from my visits to the area. I like old southern town centers and because of that Senoia is the sleeper of the lot. Nice small town feel with beautiful older homes and the growth in town is dedicated to preserving that feel.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 12-01-2010 at 09:25 PM..

Old 12-03-2010, 12:20 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,534,516 times
Nice but too far, too old, to conservative for me.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:05 AM

15 posts, read 53,789 times
i actually moved from Fayetteville to Peachtree City about 4 years ago and it was the best move I could have made. It is a Lifestyle that you are buying into, where the house I had in fayetteville was bigger with more land I love my neighborhood and i love walking on the golf cart trails. The schools are great and I would perfer to drive 15 minutes to shopping then have it in my backyard. which also cuts down on traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta