Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:05 AM

5 posts, read 9,390 times

Advertisements

There are more important things going on in Atlanta than this tired story. GO FALCONS!

Seriously though there is no way the attack was unprovoked, doesn't justify it, just saying.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:20 AM

487 posts, read 1,817,087 times
I doubt the attack was unprovoked, however what the man did was wrong and he deserved a sentence-his anger also showed his hatred. I am a man, and have never hit a woman in my life, but if it's true that she spat in his face, I am not sure how restrained I would be in this situation.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:24 AM

25 posts, read 47,205 times
Maybe if he stopped after pimp slapping her to the floor and calling her racial slurs in front of her daughter I'd feel better about the verdict.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:25 AM

32,029 posts, read 36,813,277 times
Well, he had a wife and baby with him, too, but he should have just wiped the spit off and kept on going. It doesn't matter whether she threatened to kill him or not. There are certain things a man just has to take.

I'd say 6 months is about right. It's more than most people serve for an assault.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:29 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,498,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAB6120 View Post
I doubt the attack was unprovoked, however what the man did was wrong and he deserved a sentence-his anger also showed his hatred. I am a man, and have never hit a woman in my life, but if it's true that she spat in his face, I am not sure how restrained I would be in this situation.
I agree. I am female.

It seemed that the judge wasn't entirely convinced that she didn't spit in his face from the comment prior to sentencing.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:37 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,947,551 times
I was not shocked to hear that she is going to file a civil case for $$$. They were both in the wrong and I have a hard time believing that one is more at fault than the other. If that was true, the plea wouldn't have been reached. My understanding is that she would have had to agree somewhat to the agreement so to hear her statements where she seems blindsided is a bit of an overexaggeration. Regardless, it appears that they both could use some anger management courses. Her comparison to a dog being beat as getting a harsher punishment than in her case was a bit over the top. People kill animals in the South and they get a hand slap.

I hope her civil case gets thrown out. I have been more interested in the Aimee Michaels case for the hit and run Easter Day crash. That is getting a lot more attention nationally for Atlanta.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:58 AM

2,240 posts, read 5,862,653 times
She's really milking it now. I saw on the news this AM that she and her posse of "community activists" showed up an hour into the service at some church at which she is not a member to get to the pulpit and talk about how unfair the sentence was, etc...

I don't know about ya'll, but the sympathy I felt for her when the story first came out has pretty much gone poof since all this other information has come to light.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:31 AM

73 posts, read 109,731 times
When a person is threatening my life I'm going to get them before they get me.. Spitting in peoples face is one of the most disrespectful things u could do to someone.. I wouldn't have beat her down.. But I would have smacked the S.h.i.t out of her. I'm sorry the whole pride thing goes out the window.. You go on and allow people to spit on u and walk away not I..

Old 10-25-2010, 09:40 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,899,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMMom View Post
She's really milking it now. I saw on the news this AM that she and her posse of "community activists" showed up an hour into the service at some church at which she is not a member to get to the pulpit and talk about how unfair the sentence was, etc...
She's gathering her lynch mob together and unfortunately, there are plenty of people who are still willing to stop at nothing until they see this guy driven from the region or hung from the gallows. My suggestion would be for both of them to admit that they both learned a hard lesson in "how to act in public", and MOVE ON.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:50 AM

950 posts, read 3,193,216 times
I was checking a bit about the church where the lady (supposely the victim) attended yesterday. There was a nice photo of the church pastor in his bio page looking as if he was showing off his middle finger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta