Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 02:30 PM

99 posts, read 308,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini678 View Post
Hello Georgia,
Thank you for replying. I have spent all morning searching the internet for various apts in ATL. I know nothing about what counties these apartments are in. My search is just beginning and I plan to dig as deep as I can to find all info that is available before I move. I have found a few that I love but I know the pictures on the internet do not provide the whole story.
What do you think about Jasmine at Sandy Springs on Brandon Mill Road?? What type of area is it in?? I saw the virtual tour of it and fell in love with the apts but if the neighborhood isn't safe, I don't care what the apt looks like.
There are many, many, that I must sort through. As soon as I can figure out what is in what counties, it will probably make my search a little easier.
Thanks again for responding.

gemini678

I'm moving down the street to Dunwoody Club. We toured those apartments 3weeks ago and they are very nice. The area is decent but Roswell Road is a PIA.

Actually, we saw many apts. in the area. PM for any questions. We used a company named ProMove, they have an office in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2006, 11:20 AM

28 posts, read 79,856 times
Hello,
I've found a few more apartments I like. Once I find a job, I'll be able to decide exactly where I would want to live. There are some things that are a MUST and that is narrowing down my options too.
I'm thinking about making a trip to Lithonia tomorrow. Maybe I'll do some searching then.
You all have been such great help. Thanks.

Old 08-26-2006, 10:17 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,399,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Short and sweet.
Lower crime in the Atlanta metro area???
Stay away list of counties:
Fulton
DeKalb
and most of Clayton.

Fulton (City of Atlanta) The Detroit of the South #7 most deadly as defined by large metro areas over 1 million.
#3 most deadly, right behind Detroit and Camden on the small city <500k population city limits data.

DeKalb- Cynthia McKinney Nuff said

Clayton - Airport, commercial. 10 year ago was a nice area. A complete 180. Each morning on the news. Who was shot in Clayton. What drug bust happened in Clayton???

There are parts of Gwinnett too. Norcross. Where everyone works during the day and RUNS from at the 5pm bell! It is SE Gwinnett, which borders??? DeKalb.
Hi Georgia,

I'm looking over in this forum just reading posts because I just learned that I may need to move to the Atlanta area; but would really prefer San Antonio. San Antonio is my first choice.

But, I can't help but wonder. What do you mean by your statement:

"DeKalb- Cynthia McKinney Nuff said"

Old 08-27-2006, 08:11 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,404,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini678 View Post
Hello Georgia,
Thank you for replying. I have spent all morning searching the internet for various apts in ATL. I know nothing about what counties these apartments are in. My search is just beginning and I plan to dig as deep as I can to find all info that is available before I move. I have found a few that I love but I know the pictures on the internet do not provide the whole story.
What do you think about Jasmine at Sandy Springs on Brandon Mill Road?? What type of area is it in?? I saw the virtual tour of it and fell in love with the apts but if the neighborhood isn't safe, I don't care what the apt looks like.
There are many, many, that I must sort through. As soon as I can figure out what is in what counties, it will probably make my search a little easier.
Thanks again for responding.

gemini678

Sandy Spring is a nice area. A friend of mine lived there before being transferred to New Hampshire. He had a nice townhome overlooking the Chattahoochee. Good night life, safe, close to Buckhead...

Old 08-27-2006, 02:17 PM

722 posts, read 3,316,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Short and sweet.
Lower crime in the Atlanta metro area???
Stay away list of counties:
Fulton
DeKalb
and most of Clayton.

Fulton (City of Atlanta) The Detroit of the South #7 most deadly as defined by large metro areas over 1 million.
#3 most deadly, right behind Detroit and Camden on the small city <500k population city limits data.

DeKalb- Cynthia McKinney Nuff said

Clayton - Airport, commercial. 10 year ago was a nice area. A complete 180. Each morning on the news. Who was shot in Clayton. What drug bust happened in Clayton???

There are parts of Gwinnett too. Norcross. Where everyone works during the day and RUNS from at the 5pm bell! It is SE Gwinnett, which borders??? DeKalb.

Good thing you live in the mountains, there is no way you could survive living here. These places may not be Utopia but they're certainly not the hell holes you make them out to be just because they have a lot of minorities and crime happens there (newsflash: crime is everywhere)

The only thing I'll give you credit for is Cynthia McKinney- that woman is f-in crazy!

Old 08-27-2006, 03:50 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,404,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiddy0027 View Post
Good thing you live in the mountains, there is no way you could survive living here. These places may not be Utopia but they're certainly not the hell holes you make them out to be just because they have a lot of minorities and crime happens there (newsflash: crime is everywhere)

The only thing I'll give you credit for is Cynthia McKinney- that woman is f-in crazy!
Good thing you know me so well.
I don't live in the Mountains. I live 20 miles outside of Atlanta.
I have also lived in Philadelphia, North and South Jersey and Baltimore.

So before you start flippin the race card and talk about my surviorship, maybe you should look through city-data.com, the census site, along with many other statistical areas on the net.

Heck, depending what you classify as a minority, I gathering non-white, then my neighborhood is majority, minority with no crime. Yes, crime is everywhere, however, in many areas crime is higher than the national and regional averages and that is what I state.

And please tell me, why would I NOT survive in certain areas????

Old 08-27-2006, 06:27 PM

722 posts, read 3,316,843 times
Ok- sorry I didn't look into where you're from. The thing about your quote that made me so mad is that you are trying to convince people to not move to suburban areas that are in need of some gentrifiication. People are staying away from these perfectly nice areas because people are constantly telling them to stay away because of the crime rates and what not. That is one of the reasons that Atlanta lost population for almost 25 years. Thank god that trend is being reversed in a big way. And the only reason I brought the "race card" into this is because all the areas you mentioned have a high percentage of minorities. I can't help but wonder just what you are implying...
Anyway, if someone doesn't want to move to South DEkalb of Atlanta or wherever, that's fine- but they should check it out first for themselves instead of listening to one sided advice.

Old 08-27-2006, 09:40 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,399,962 times
Arrow Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiddy0027 View Post
Ok- sorry I didn't look into where you're from. The thing about your quote that made me so mad is that you are trying to convince people to not move to suburban areas that are in need of some gentrifiication. People are staying away from these perfectly nice areas because people are constantly telling them to stay away because of the crime rates and what not. That is one of the reasons that Atlanta lost population for almost 25 years. Thank god that trend is being reversed in a big way. And the only reason I brought the "race card" into this is because all the areas you mentioned have a high percentage of minorities. I can't help but wonder just what you are implying...
Anyway, if someone doesn't want to move to South DEkalb of Atlanta or wherever, that's fine- but they should check it out first for themselves instead of listening to one sided advice.
Sorry Georgia,

But that is why I asked you about Cynthia McKinney too. As I stated in my original post to you, I was wondering the same thing as the poster states above.

You completely ignored my question...maybe you forgot, maybe you didn't care to respond...it's your right to do whatever you want. But I was wondering...

Anyway, I understand that some posts on these forums can be misread and misinterpreted. Believe me, I've completely stopped posting on California because of this. But, I read about Ms. McKinney on Wikipedia (link below)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynthia_McKinney

WOW! This woman actually won elections, scary. Really scary. I'm not even from Atlanta, never been, but I do agree with you on that statement.

Now...please keep posting. You seem to have a lot of info on Atlanta, and it may be a place that I have to consider moving to.

So, if your area is diverse, and when I say "diverse" I mean whites AND non-whites, can you tell me a little more about it? Home prices? Friendliness?

Thanks.

Old 08-28-2006, 05:58 AM

985 posts, read 5,759,052 times
Just for the record, Cynthia McKinney also LOST election twice in the same district. She lost another one this year.

If we used same logical, one should never live in East Cobb. In my view, Newt Gingrich was as crazy as Cynthia.

Check out his http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newt_Gingrich

Old 08-28-2006, 05:57 PM

28 posts, read 79,856 times
Hello Homesouce group,
Thanks!!! Your insight was very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

gemini678
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta