Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 12:02 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,865,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamnwk View Post
His next book should be "The long term effects of a ghetto and ghetto mentality."
Could make for a good book.

Quote:
Followed by "With a black president why is it still whiteys fault"
I don't think it would take 300 pages to show that there's only been a Black president for two years while we've had White presidents for 200+ years.

Quote:
And series finale with "Riots: 50 years later ... now quit making excuses"
What riots are you referring to?

Old 11-07-2010, 11:14 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
Quote:
His next book should be "The long term effects of a ghetto and ghetto mentality."

Followed by "With a black president why is it still whiteys fault"

And series finale with "Riots: 50 years later ... now quit making excuses"
Ignorant dribble... the book is a good look at the problem from multiple angles, white and black.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:06 AM

106 posts, read 232,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
I am a "young black" and i have to point out that it is very rare to meet a young black person who has a genuine hatred for whites. while it may seem like it is, it's mostly just frustration and/or them incorrectly assuming that all whites have it out for them

I agree w/ this dude as the more real reality of this... And if it matters, I'm white and work for a black owned company. I have absolutely no problems, nothin but love. Maybe it's because I'm a scrappy kind of guy, but on the street I've rarely if ever had a racial encounter. Last week some homeless dude said, "whiteboy give me some money", right in my face, right as I rounded a corner at the gas station. For some reason, the way he said it, kinda pissed me off. I told him, "no give me some change, and get outta here w/ that whiteboy bull****. i don't owe you ****". The man quickly backed off, afraid I was going to take his jangling quarters he clenched in his left hand. Let me tell you, if some of you white people grew a spine, and actually stood up for yourself, maybe you wouldn't get b*tch slapped, Rick James style. Also, a lil situational awareness helps as well, your asking for a reverse lynching if your not street smart, and your out on the streets. Like it or not, this city has a long complicated race history, and just west of us in Alabama, it was even more brutal. Open up a history book, and you'll find our racial brutality in America starts as one group invades another groups space. The tension mounts. One side buckles, and gives, or they learn to co-habitat. It started with the Indians! We still pay for the mistakes idiots made years ago, even mistakes made 50 years ago, Atlanta was a completely different city. People forget too quick, read a book. And watch yo ass.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:30 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,481,772 times
Quote:
'She and Ms. Iakovides hadn’t even started up the walkway of a house in another neighborhood, Peoplestown, when a neighbor loudly made her feelings known about white people moving in.'

Interesting story none the less: http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t...tml%3Fsrc%3Dmv

Of course, if it had been a white person making the same remark to a potential black buyer, we all know it would have been page one news and a probable lawsuit for 'Hate Speech.' But in these Politically Correct times fueled by the widespread epidemic of WGS(White Guilt Syndrome) black folks get an automatic pass for all racism.
What does "reverse racism" mean? White guilt syndrome? Blacks get an automatic pass for racism! Wouldn't it be interesting if everything could be reversed. Black Guilt Syndrome! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Old 11-08-2010, 05:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,121 times
Default Reverse racism ???? REALLY????

It really bugs me that it is ok to have "black" TV shows, magazines and even movies...This keeps racism alive and well in the minds of our children.
What if i started a magazine called "Ivory" in which i cellebrated the lives andd successes of white people?...OOOHHHH Then "I" would be a racist...
COME ON PEOPLE ! ! ! !

And another thing_____"Afican-American" is a nationality,,,,NOT a race.
If you were born in africa and moved here, then OK ! ! Be proud of your heritage, but if we dont pull together as a country, well you better learn to speak Chinese or Spanish because we aint gonna be around very long.

If it is "reverse-racism"...it is STILL racism...NOT REVENGE ! ! !

Old 11-08-2010, 07:01 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,708,686 times
Quote:
It really bugs me that it is ok to have "black" TV shows, magazines and even movies...This keeps racism alive and well in the minds of our children.
What if i started a magazine called "Ivory" in which i cellebrated the lives andd successes of white people?...OOOHHHH Then "I" would be a racist...
COME ON PEOPLE ! ! ! !
And the majority white cast on most tv and movies and Congress doesnt?

Last edited by PKCorey; 11-08-2010 at 07:48 AM..

Old 11-08-2010, 07:14 AM

16,699 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
And the majority white cast on most tv and movies and Congress doesnt?
Amen.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:43 AM

2 posts, read 2,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceis View Post
The black on white racism in this town is ridiculous. I've lived all over this country in big cities and small towns and have seen a lot of intolerance out there, but nothing like this.
I agree 100%. Many people comment the same thing, it's just something you live with in this town. But, the harsh treatment of blacks in the South and the hard truth of circumstance contribute to this somewhat understandable sentiment. It's bad for the blacks as much or more the whites as it limits their ability to grow.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:57 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Giving people a pass for making racist statements due to their minority status is a growing issue in the US. (Especially as we all mix and continue to have lots of immigration etc. and our national racial make-up continues to shift and blur.)

When I hear racial comments it's typically older white people or younger minority people and the comments are often directed against other minorities which is sad and leads to trouble between ethnic communities because of the lack of respect.

I just don't see how it's ever *ok* and trust me I heard lots of comments in college etc. not to mention the hate crime statistics back this up.

Like with anything though, it's a few ignorant people causing trouble while most of us treat others with respect and follow the golden rule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta