Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 12:39 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
But I will offer you a bet.

Lets stand 10 feet apart. Me with a hammer in my hand and you with a firearm in your holster. Who do you think will come out better off after someone says go?

Do you think you can draw your firearm and shoot me in the foot before I whack you upside the head?
I would be willing to bet that if you're a 20 year old woman and we're two trained officers we could handle you without blowing you away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 03:05 PM

479 posts, read 703,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
1) I'd probably run, move out of the way, knowing that you're a chick and I could probably outrun you instead of taking your life, 2) again, you're a chick, I pretty sure I could wrestle it from you b/c I'm an officer and have had proper training 3) and yes, I'm confident I could get off 3 rounds waist down before you get to me.
What would have happened if the woman had never charged toward the officers while wielding an instrument in an aggressive manner? Do you thinnk she might still be alive?

Im pretty darn sure she would be. Oopsy. Shame on her.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:07 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
I mean, really? You couldn't just run away from her, tackle her, grab the hammer? You end her life? You couldn't shoot at the ground to scare her? You couldn't shoot her in the ankle? You take a lethal shot? Really? Time to hang up the badge.

Deputies shoot, kill hammer-wielding woman

Article removed by Moderator

Please DO NOT copy/paste text articles from other sites here. This violates the copyright of the author of the article and is not legal. Post a LINK to the story instead. Thank you.

Link to article: Deputies shoot, kill hammer-wielding woman *| ajc.com
I say good job to the officer. Im proud of them. Too many of these people are out of control & need to be put down. Glad tax money is working.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
I say good job to the officer. Im proud of them. Too many of these people are out of control & need to be put down. Glad tax money is working.
If the cops had been around during the MARTA Soulja Girl incident do y'all think they should have blown her away?

Old 12-18-2010, 05:49 PM

2,406 posts, read 3,351,957 times
Yeah, 2 on 1 they could've 'taken her,' but who is to say she doesn't get a swing in? One swing with a hammer in the right spot and the cop could be dead or permanently disabled. They did the right thing and neutralized the threat in a way that ensured their safety. Shooting at non-vital body parts is not an option. Law enforcement is taught to shoot center of mass everytime. If the situation warrants shots fired, the situation warrants 'ending' the threat.

Moral of the story: Don't run at a police officer with a hammer unless you want to be shot in the chest.

Whoda thunk it?

Old 12-18-2010, 06:33 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,385,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
If the cops had been around during the MARTA Soulja Girl incident do y'all think they should have blown her away?
No- she wasn't flailing a hammer around- but if she was, she would have gotten what she asked for.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:39 PM

She was flailing around violently within inches of the elderly lady's face and screaming that she was going to beat her a**. If the old lady had been a couple of sheriff's deputies, should they have shot her dead?

Old 12-18-2010, 06:48 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,385,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
She was flailing around violently within inches of the elderly lady's face and screaming that she was going to beat her a**. If the old lady had been a couple of sheriff's deputies, should they have shot her dead?
Yes, she should have, and it would have been ruled self defense based on the threat. Of course, that episode was prior to guns being allowed on MARTA, so she would have had that to deal with.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 792 times
How can anyone be so cold and say you do not feel for someone losing their life??? Are we not all people with family and friends? Do you not believe she might have been frighten and grab a hammer for protection. Not all cops are good guys, I don't believe they made the best response of action. The cops have deadly weapons that only take a aim and trigger pull and someone is dead. Knock her out or taze her or with drawback to their cop cars and call for back up. With her having just a hammer they had time to get away. The police is to protect and serve and that's for everyone even the lady with the hammer.

Old 12-19-2010, 12:35 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoria285 View Post
How can anyone be so cold and say you do not feel for someone losing their life??? Are we not all people with family and friends? Do you not believe she might have been frighten and grab a hammer for protection. Not all cops are good guys, I don't believe they made the best response of action. The cops have deadly weapons that only take a aim and trigger pull and someone is dead. Knock her out or taze her or with drawback to their cop cars and call for back up. With her having just a hammer they had time to get away. The police is to protect and serve and that's for everyone even the lady with the hammer.
That works very well in Fantasyland...here, not so much. Like so many others here, you are in an emotional rush to judgment and are predisposed to absolve these 'victims' from any responsibility whatsoever.
Bottom line to me? Better her dead than a policeman supporting a family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta