Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 12:55 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,424,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedeez View Post
country club of the south...
Lets see:
  • Foreclosed on and owned by the bank.
  • Run by Club Corp, I'm sure they're doing a bang up job. They could be.
  • 35 Minutes from St Regis.
  • Subpar Facilities and Golf Course in relation to those listed above.

Keep the good suggestions coming. CCOS is a good option for those that live in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 06:48 PM

16 posts, read 144,263 times
I just realized my friend never told me of their being a wait list at Cherokee, I am going to talk to him next week, but I assume they would?? Cherokee we also believe would be a bit more accepting for us since my wife and I are an interracial couple(she is Black and I am White).

Old 01-14-2011, 08:26 PM

40 posts, read 199,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingtoAtlanta! View Post
I just realized my friend never told me of their being a wait list at Cherokee, I am going to talk to him next week, but I assume they would?? Cherokee we also believe would be a bit more accepting for us since my wife and I are an interracial couple(she is Black and I am White).
good luck then

Old 01-14-2011, 10:41 PM

We have always found the people in Atlanta to be much more accepting. Up here in Chicago you meet many more people who are very intolerant. We know there is intolerance everywhere but it seems that Chicago is an intolerant place to live when compared to Atlanta. I am not saying Chicago was a bad place to live we have loved living here, but we are without a doubt ready for Atlanta!

Old 01-15-2011, 06:31 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,812,210 times
Every city has clubs where acceptance is based on how many generations your family has been a major presence in the area. Newcomers/new money are not really welcome with open arms no matter what your race. Having been here less than a year and not looking to be part of that scene, I don't know which they are but Piedmont Driving Club comes to mind (although I could be wrong)....

Old 01-15-2011, 08:36 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,773,537 times
Quote:
I just realized my friend never told me of their being a wait list at Cherokee, I am going to talk to him next week, but I assume they would??
Cherokee does have a wait but openings do come along. You should be prepared to act immediately if there is an opening.

I think you'll find social acceptance at nearly all the intown clubs such as CCC, Cherokee, Ansley and Druid Hills.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:44 PM

I have heard Druid Hills is very nice but I have not been to it before, do many families from Buckhead join Druid Hills though since it is kind of inconvenient? It is nice though that they have tennis, golf, and swimming at one location. From what I have seen on the internet it does look very nice.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:38 PM

59 posts, read 274,594 times
And while we are throwing out off topic clubs try The River Club and or The Manor. But mainly The River Club. That place is sweet!

Old 01-18-2011, 05:43 PM

The River Club does look very nice but not what we are looking for, the Manor though is just a disaster!
Does anybody know anything about Druid Hills Golf Club?

Old 01-18-2011, 05:46 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,083,997 times
Quote:
Does anybody know anything about Druid Hills Golf Club?
Druid Hills is very nice. They revamped their golf course just a few years ago. IMO, if I lived in Buckhead, I would not make the drive to Druid Hills with Cherokee so close by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta