Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2007, 06:37 PM

3 posts, read 6,330 times

Advertisements

Hi iam trying to relocate to GA I am looking for a city like place where i could raise my five year old with a great school system. does any one have any suggestions? also how can i apply for a job hospital setting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 07:46 PM

65 posts, read 216,159 times
Deshanny, I would suggest Gwinnett County. I would check out Grayson, Dacula, Suwannee, and Buford to start. All these cities are newer and growing. Gwinnett has some good opportunities in the medical profession you are searching. All of these cities are close enough to commute to anywhere in the metro area. The Gwinnett area is full of great schools, shopping areas, restaurants, and entertainment. It has Interstate 85, Highway 316, and Highways 78 and 124 for easy access to everywhere. Depending on your income and job location should deoend on where you eventually move. Check out these cities and if I can help let me know...Bill

Old 08-30-2007, 08:59 PM

3 posts, read 6,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deshanny View Post
Hi iam trying to relocate to GA I am looking for a city like place where i could raise my five year old with a great school system. does any one have any suggestions? also how can i apply for a job hospital setting
Thanks for the feed back I am going to need a lot of help iam a single mom so it is kind of hard I currently live in ri and it is becoming too expensive. how about day care, what are the price range in apartments, by any chance do you know what is the pay scale for unit secretaries in hospitals?

Old 08-31-2007, 05:08 AM

582 posts, read 2,010,308 times
Check out the Gwinnett hospital, St. Joseph's hospital, and Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Pediatric Hospital. You can live fairly close to those by being in the area I live in now for a fairly reasonable rate. I believe the apartment complex across the street from me is about $600-850 a month depending on the size of the apartment and I'm about 20-25 minutes from the CHOA hospital in my area. I'm not sure about daycare but there should be something that picks up after school (I'm in a really good school district) to do after care that is reasonable. Or, you could look for someone who does it out of their home because there are a lot of people who do that now.

Old 08-31-2007, 05:57 AM

985 posts, read 5,761,404 times
The school system in Atlanta right now are North Fulton school system (Roswell, Alpharetta, Johns Creek and Milton) and East Cobb System (East of Marietta). North Gwinnett (Duluth, Suwanee, Buford) is acceptable, but not as good as the other two. Most areas started at least 800+ for one bedroom and 1000+ for two bedrooms in Duluth. Probably more in other areas. What are price ranges you looking for?

Last edited by jxu66; 08-31-2007 at 06:09 AM..

Old 02-22-2011, 12:28 PM

2 posts, read 3,558 times
My family is considering relocationg from Wisconsin and wondering what everyone thinks about Lithia Springs area? We are looking at Colonial Hill Christian School and Church there and would like to live close if possible? If Lithia Springs is a thumbs down what other area might be suggested close to that area?
Thank you for your posts and thoughts. Dan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta