Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 08:16 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,375,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Ma'am racism exist in every state in America. Ask Mexicans do racism exist in Arizona. Ask white people if racism exist in Miami or LA. Ask black people if racism exist in Utah or Boston.
I grew up in the Tampa bay area. We had a chapter of the KKK set up meetings down the road from us on a regular basis ... burning cross and everything... I still have friends and relatives that live in the area and although groups like the KKK aren't as visible anymore, there are definitely still racist attitudes to be found.

As others have said, you will find racism just about anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 09:47 AM

16 posts, read 62,047 times
how sad but true thanks again for all the input. I appreciate it so much! Now may I ask if anyone has any other thoughts on why someone would retire to georgia over florida? Or vice versa? I like the georgia area better. I just need confirmation that a new home healthcare business could flourish among what is already prevelant... ? Much thanks in advance!

Old 03-13-2011, 11:40 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,379,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dana6703 View Post
how sad but true thanks again for all the input. I appreciate it so much! Now may I ask if anyone has any other thoughts on why someone would retire to georgia over florida? Or vice versa? I like the georgia area better. I just need confirmation that a new home healthcare business could flourish among what is already prevelant... ? Much thanks in advance!
As a former Orlandoan, a lot of people (including myself) prefer our climate over Central Florida's. We have four distinct seasons here - including beautiful Falls and absolutely spectacular Springs - that they really don't get to experience. We have usually very mild winters, with just a couple of snow events each year - some years none.

I happen to like both places very much, but prefer Atlanta.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:55 PM

635 posts, read 1,511,541 times
i would go to Atlanta over Orlando i mean granted Disney world, universal, beaches somewhat close put Orlando in a place all on its own but its smaller not as developed and i just like the location of Atlanta with stone mountain the Appalachian mountains its got many more cities near it Birmingham, Columbia, Macon, Columbus, Chattanooga, Spartanburg, Augusta, and Charlotte.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:18 PM

88 posts, read 141,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizurko View Post
i would go to Atlanta over Orlando i mean granted Disney world, universal, beaches somewhat close put Orlando in a place all on its own but its smaller not as developed and i just like the location of Atlanta with stone mountain the Appalachian mountains its got many more cities near it Birmingham, Columbia, Macon, Columbus, Chattanooga, Spartanburg, Augusta, and Charlotte.
Yes, because those cities are just sparkling with culture and make my panties wet just thinking about them.

Miami or Spartanburg? Miami or Macon? Miami or Columbia. Hmm? Tough choices. So many decisions to make.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:34 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,593,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSQQST View Post

Yes, because those cities are just sparkling with culture and make my panties wet just thinking about them.

Miami or Spartanburg? Miami or Macon? Miami or Columbia. Hmm? Tough choices. So many decisions to make.

Spartanburg? You better check out Dr. Freda Crews. I think she just may be your type.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:44 PM

40 posts, read 120,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
Have you ever been to Orlando in the summer? It's ridiculously HOT. Florida gets very hot and humid in the summer. Coastal cities are still somewhat comfortable because they have sea breezes. But Orlando is about as far inland as you can get in Florida. It's all the heat and none of the breeze. I would never want to live there.

For me that consideration trumps all others.
Ditto. Oppressive humidity and blazing Sun in Orlando. Plus the giant bugs and alligators. Sorry, just not for me. Atlanta is a happy medium between Chicago and Orlando.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:00 PM

957 posts, read 3,359,516 times
It would be nice to own a home in Chicago for (spring and summer) and own a second home in Orlando (fall & winter). As for all year liveable weather, Atlanta wins over Orlando hands down.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:55 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,797,834 times
Orlando in the summer is HOT. Its also a tourist city, which I don't like. My brother lives there and he hates it. He would much rather live in Atlanta if he could find a job here. I've lived in Atlanta going on 15 years and I'm sick of it. I vote for neither, but if I had to choose, I'd choose Atlanta for the climate, activities, singles scene, and sports. The only thing Orlando has going for it is no state income tax and the beach not far away, if you like that. The main industry is tourism, so other types of jobs may be harder to find and tourism jobs don't pay well. Atlanta has many major companies headquartered here, but the economy is still bad and pollution is an issue. Traffic is an issue too, but it is in Orlando as well.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:38 AM

635 posts, read 1,511,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSQQST View Post

just saying kid i mean really? Miami...and and and miami and um miami just stop. I give orlando the only complements Its worthy of i prefer the city to i mean Atlanta or Tampa? Atlanta or Jacksonville? Atlanta or Daytona? Atlanta or Panama? Such a hard choice...oh wait nope, not quite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta