Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 10:39 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,384,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSQQST View Post
BINGO! You hit the nail on the head. Atlanta is not residential and is very, very scary. Crime has overrun the city, especially the areas where people should have more pride: downtown and midtown and Lenox area. The crime in Chicago is located in far remote ghettoes and doesn't bother most people. Out of sight out of mind. In Atlanta the crime is glamorized in rap songs.

The 1 million and decreasing numbers of white people in metro Atlanta don't care about the central city. They have their little slice of suburban Republican bible pie and if the waistlines of Atlantans are an indicator, they've had two or more slices! LOL!!!! HAHAHA!
You have zero credibility here, just so you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomno00 View Post
what's wrong? Don't you like Ruby Tuesday and Applebees?
This discussion is about Atlanta, not Fort Myers. Are you a little confused?

Old 03-13-2011, 10:43 AM

88 posts, read 141,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban5 View Post
I think if Atlanta had a major waterway that went through downtown/midtown, Atlanta could be even more desirable.
Good point, but it's too late for that. I doubt that it would make much difference. The only waterway that would make Atlanta more desirable is a giant flush of toilet water.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkraut View Post
lol, yeah the food here in Atlanta for the most part is a major FAIL unless "The Varsity" appeals to you.
LOL!!!!!

I guess all the of the star chefs from here that regularly populate all the shows on the Food Channel aren't real.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:48 AM

357 posts, read 784,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
This discussion is about Atlanta, not Fort Myers. Are you a little confused?
haha you can talk crap about whatever place you want. I dislike fort myers almost as much as i dislike atlanta. But there are more local eateries here in this little city that there is the entire metro atlanta area

Old 03-13-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
haha you can talk crap about whatever place you want. I dislike fort myers almost as much as i dislike atlanta. But there are more local eateries here in this little city that there is the entire metro atlanta area
You are beyond clueless if you really believe that.

Anyone that would state they are afraid of being killed leaving the confines of Centennial Park has issues, and they don't involve Atlanta.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
You are beyond clueless if you really believe that.

Anyone that would state they are afraid of being killed leaving the confines of Centennial Park has issues, and they don't involve Atlanta.
have you ever been to Fort Myers? This IS retirement heaven for rich old people and the landscape reflects that... , including the many eateries that have been born to cater to the population.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
have you ever been to Fort Myers? This IS retirement heaven for rich old people... , including the many eateries that have been born to cater to the population.
Yes, I have been there. Other than the Edison & Ford homes and Sanibel, I don't have much use for the place.

If you honestly believe that Lee County can best a metro of almost 6 million people when it comes to anything culinary, I honestly don't know what to say.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:05 AM

88 posts, read 141,067 times
Quote:
Yes, I have been there. Other than the Edison & Ford homes and Sanibel, I don't have much use for the place.

If you honestly believe that Lee County can best a metro of almost 6 million people when it comes to anything culinary, I honestly don't know what to say.
6 million poor section 8 vouchers probably don't have much use for haute cuisine. The Varsity is a step up from McDonalds. And is it really 6 million in the metro? Sure if you count Birmingham, Augusta, Macon and maybe Columbia SC as part of Atlanta. Inflating the population numbers is so Atlanta 2005.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:

Let's not downplay the population in Southwest Florida.... as really you are talking about more than Lee Country (where fort myers is). I'm having difficulty finding stats, but im sure the entire SWFL area has be at least a few million people (from Sarasota down to Naples). Then you add a couple more million in visitors / tourists (not to mention the snow birds that spend portions of the year here). Again, you can attack the area as much as you want, I don't really care. But if you are ever in town, here is a list of some of our eateries Southwest Florida Dining-Restaurants in Naples, Fort Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Bonita Springs & Marco Island from Southwest Florida Traveler
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta