Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 01:24 PM

635 posts, read 1,509,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSQQST View Post
Well, you can start by improving your spelling, punctuation and grammar. But I guess that's par for the course when Georgia consistently ranks at the bottom of all states when it comes to education.
see you don't get it grammar and spelling aren't necessary when conveying a point to children who don't belong on the forum in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 01:28 PM

16,696 posts, read 29,511,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
With all due respect, folks who claim Atlanta doesn't have a fascinating and rich history simply aren't paying much attention. Spend a few days at the Atlanta History Center to get your bearings, and then start exploring. And reading. There are literally thousands of books, articles and papers regarding our town's history. There are extremely extensive collections at Emory, Tech, AUC, Georgia State, and at major libraries like AFPL Downtown and on Auburn Avenue, as well as scores of other places.

If you start checking things out, you'll be blown away.

This. Right on, Brother Arjay.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:36 PM

88 posts, read 140,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizurko View Post
see you don't get it grammar and spelling aren't necessary when conveying a point to children who don't belong on the forum in the first place.
Yes, because the "crabs in a bucket" scenario is very common in the vast ghettos of Atlanta. Pull everyone down to the bottom. No one is allowed to succeed, no one is allowed to aspire, no one is allowed to be happy. Crabs in a bucket. No grammar necessary, no proper spelling. Just be pitiful role models and teach the chill'un and the "keedz" the basest forms of human behavior.

Like all the fights at Chuck E Cheese that you hear about. Here's the latest from the chain voted Georgia's "best pizza".

Georgia Man Caught Masturbating….By His Mother…In A Chuck-E-Cheese | The Hot Glove

Would YOU put roots down here after reading about this?

Old 03-13-2011, 02:00 PM

635 posts, read 1,509,547 times
Quote:
Yes, because the "crabs in a bucket" scenario is very common in the vast ghettos of Atlanta. Pull everyone down to the bottom. No one is allowed to succeed, no one is allowed to aspire, no one is allowed to be happy. Crabs in a bucket. No grammar necessary, no proper spelling. Just be pitiful role models and teach the chill'un and the "keedz" the basest forms of human behavior.

Like all the fights at Chuck E Cheese that you hear about. Here's the latest from the chain voted Georgia's "best pizza".

Georgia Man Caught Masturbating….By His Mother…In A Chuck-E-Cheese | The Hot Glove (http://www.thehotglove.com/2011/01/georgia-man-caught-masturbatingby-motherin-chuckecheese/ - broken link)

good job kid now your learning. Theres almost a poetic ambiance to your pathetic statement as if you almost had something to say what is it? little Timmy's stuck in the well? Grow up kid Atlanta has many reasons to settle down and raise a family it cant be helped that individuals such as yourself are so mad mommy didn't take you to your chucky-cheese's don't attempt to take it out on the places that do.

Old 03-13-2011, 02:42 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,131,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
With all due respect, folks who claim Atlanta doesn't have a fascinating and rich history simply aren't paying much attention. Spend a few days at the Atlanta History Center to get your bearings, and then start exploring. And reading. There are literally thousands of books, articles and papers regarding our town's history. There are extremely extensive collections at Emory, Tech, AUC, Georgia State, and at major libraries like AFPL Downtown and on Auburn Avenue, as well as scores of other places.

If you start checking things out, you'll be blown away.

Yes I know. I find it fascinating as well. But Atlanta seems to be covering up its past. As one poster suggests, all of Atlanta's past is bad.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:38 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,591,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomno00 View Post

what's wrong? Don't you like Ruby Tuesday and Applebees?

And you live in Ft. Myers! LOL!

Well, I guess it's better than beautiful Lehigh Acres.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post

Yes, I have been there. Other than the Edison & Ford homes and Sanibel, I don't have much use for the place.

Don't forget Lehigh Acres.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkraut View Post

Interesting thread. I moved to Atlanta from Chicago about 15 years ago. I'd move back to Chicago in a heartbeat if the weather weren't so bad up there. It's difficult to put your finger on it, but there is just something missing here. Chicago seemed to have a soul, character and so much more to offer, but maybe that's just because it's my hometown? I don't know, but the weather itself is enough to keep me from going back.

Indeed, Chicago always evokes warm feelings and memories that tugs on the strings of our hearts.

Who could forget the loveable chap, Al Capone? Al, we miss you. May you rest in peace. How could Martin Luther King Jr. compare to Al Capone?

I bet you're still subscribing to Snowblower Digest. That's part of the character and soul of Chicago. Yes!

Old 03-13-2011, 05:38 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,773,537 times
Quote:

Georgia Man Caught Masturbating….By His Mother…In A Chuck-E-Cheese | The Hot Glove (http://www.thehotglove.com/2011/01/georgia-man-caught-masturbatingby-motherin-chuckecheese/ - broken link)

Are you actually James Kuntsler?

Old 03-13-2011, 10:59 PM

4,040 posts, read 7,440,219 times
I would sum it up this way: if you can't afford to live in one of Atlanta's nice areas/suburbs (also not too far away from the metro area) - then Atlanta does indeed suck. So will the education.
However, if you do, then it is a darn good deal for a middle-class family, keeping in mind that the same middle-class family would live in majestically crappy conditions if they were in one of the Big Cities of the US (NY, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, San Diego, DC); also very, very far away from the actual Big City in question.

Sometimes, context means EVERYTHING! We learned this hands on.

I am pretty sure John Kerry and others like him live a fantastic life in Boston (though I am also pretty sure they all head somewhere "sweet" in the winter so they won't put up with the miserable weather).
From where those people stand, a city like NY, Boston and Chicago sure are Heavens, while Atlanta would be a joke to them.

Most people though are not "those people" and a place like Atlanta can offer a much better quality of life to a middle class family. It does take being at least "middle class" (for Atlanta, yes), otherwise this city can be awful.

Given we are not rich, and neither of us works in medicine, bio-tech, high-paying IT or other super-highly paying fields (let alone both of us!)...we are heading back to Atlanta.
We will enjoy an immensely better quality of life + lots of dignity.

Last edited by syracusa; 03-13-2011 at 11:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta