Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2011, 10:09 PM

4 posts, read 8,961 times

Advertisements

First of all, forgive me for asking this question a second time. I'm new to the site and have no idea where I posted the question last night. Ok, I plan on moving to Atlanta next month. I recently found an apartment at Sandtown Vista Apts that's close to my job (downtown) and the train station. The area looks nice and safe to me, but I've heard mixed comments about the Camp Creek area in general. I'm single and will be living by myself, so I want to make sure that the area is a safe one. All opinions and experiences are welcomed. Thanks for your responses!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 10:56 PM

449 posts, read 1,177,426 times
Camp Creek isn't that bad and has new housing developments and shopping centers.

The housing value will not rise like North Fulton/Gwinett/Cobb/ etc, but I prefer South Fulton as opposed to the other uppity/overpriced areas.

You shouldn't have to worry about crime much, as opposed to parts of East Point/College Park, etc

There are ups and down about Camp Creek (some say black people always make a community go downhill, but I beg to differ).

To me Camp Creek is the best bet if you can't afford the expensive Cascade neighborhood, Buckhead, Dunwoody, etc

Old 03-20-2011, 11:38 PM

Thanks for your response! I agree with you, it's not the people's race that drag a community down, it's their mentality. I had no idea this area was predominately black until I started driving around and then researched it on the internet. I don't care to live in Buckhead or Cascade, nor deal with a long commute. The apartment locator company I used gave the apartments and area a great recommendation, but I wanted to get other opinions.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:11 PM

57 posts, read 241,193 times
I love the area....I wouldn't worry about crime. I feel very safe. I would however, take a look at Astoria Riverside Park apts. I looked at Sandtown Vista first, but then settled on the other because it seemed a tad bit more upscale. It's a smaller community but the apt. finishes had me sold. It's only a few minutes away from SV. I love it here.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:21 PM

Thanks for your response! Your apts are nice. I actually prefer smaller communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta