Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 10:55 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Citation needed.
Isnt it against the rules of City-data to suggest that someone be cited in a post?? Careful what you ask for.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:56 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,247,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
I should have clarified. Everyone is born straight. Gay people choose to be gay, usually due to some phsychological trauma at a formative age. There is no gay gene. Gay people choose to deviate from the normal and natural order of things.
This is a startling piece of information. I look forward to your write-up in the New England Journal of Medicine. Surely you've done extensive research on this topic.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:56 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,126 times
Lightbulb I Hate To Break This To You, But...

Quote:
The headline of this thread is biased. Demanding HD not fund a gay pride event is not "anti-gay". It's simply standing up for 2,000 years of Western values.

I am not going to sign a petition, but I won't shop at HD anymore if I can help it. That's what Lowe's is for.

This whole gay agenda is getting very tiresome. I often wonder if the supporters of such an agenda, both in this thread and in the real world, realize that once a society is completely detached from it's cultural foundations, it will fall. History has showed us this again and again. Not to mention the damage to the traditional family. If you want to see the effects, look to Europe, where the war on the traditional family has waged even longer. With a fertility rate of 1.3 (almost a full point below the replacement rate of 2.11), Europe has embraced civilazational suicide. Of course, that was the goal all along, and the U.S. is next.
1) Unless you are the Almighty, riding through downtown Atlanta on a vintage Harley FatBoy, with a holy host of angels riding in formation on mountain bikes behind you, guess what---you have a right to your opinion, but you DON'T get to stand somewhere like the Church Lady, with your lips pressed in a tight line, tapping your foot impatiently, because someone has the guts to actually (gasp!) live how and do what they feel like...

2) Home Depot is a national corporation, and as such has the right to embrace (or not embrace) whatever social issues they please...there isn't a machine, slide rule, computer, or other measuring device on earth that can accurately calibrate the LACK of a **** they give about one person's hot-headed fuming on an internet chat forum, or a bunch of signatures on a petition...

3) Last time I looked, this was the United States, not Europe...therefore, no one here has to really care about 'Europe's civilizational suicide'...and also, let's table all this junk about a 'gay agenda'...far as I know, in my personal experience, no gay folk are lurking behind bushes, waiting to jump out and go 'ooga-booga!!!' and molest straight folk (especially those on their way into Home Depot) or force some dang 'agenda' on someone...just because YOU live a certain way, nobody ELSE has to be behind you toeing some imaginary line...

4) Finally, if you want to talk 'tiresome', it's this whole protracted bout of whining every time somebody tries to 'color outside the lines', so to speak, that's getting tired...howzabout let's just call gay folk what they REALLY are (wait for it)---taxpaying, educated, voting, working PEOPLE AND CITIZENS OF THE CITY OF ATLANTA, THE STATE OF GEORGIA, AND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA...same as you, me (not an ATL or GA resident, but still...) and anybody else here on City Data...

Old 06-08-2011, 10:58 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,247,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I don't have a problem with three consenting adults being allowed to marry.
There is ample research and evidence to demonstrate that polygamy in western societies is often very harmful for the women and children involved -- not the case with homosexual unions.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:58 AM

426 posts, read 2,322,472 times
Quote:
There is a correlation between the aggressive secularization of a society and its fertility rate.
Apparently the declining birth rate you speak of has been an "issue" in western society for quite some time. i was curious so did a google search. Link to a 1905 article about the declining U.S. birthrate that had been going on for decades. Seems like this is more of a cyclical issue than en "end-of-the-world" one.

http://http://news.google.com/newspa...d+states&hl=en

Old 06-08-2011, 11:00 AM

1,868 posts, read 3,068,288 times
Quote:
I should have clarified. Everyone is born straight. Gay people choose to be gay, usually due to some phsychological trauma at a formative age. There is no gay gene. Gay people choose to deviate from the normal and natural order of things.
Why would anyone choose to be gay and live in a society full of people such as yourself that constantly ridicule, accuse, and ostracize them?

What about those high school kids that recently committed suicide due to the torment they were put through for being gay? Don't you think they would have chosen to go back to being straight before killing themselves?

Old 06-08-2011, 11:04 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,349,797 times
$5 says at least some of the research he posts is from George Rekers.

Reporters find tragic story amid embarrassing scandal - CNN.com

Old 06-08-2011, 11:05 AM

7,112 posts, read 10,133,686 times
These things can be a two-edged sword. It wouldn't surprise me if there are groups that threaten to boycott if a company doesn't sponsor their event. But I suppose endorsement is tacit approval of the group.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:07 AM

7,112 posts, read 10,133,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
No, I don't think he would have signed such a thing and as a carpenter he probably would have been in Home Depot all the time.
No, Jesus would shop at Lowe's.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:07 AM

839 posts, read 2,416,913 times
Just to be clear, I have no problem with gay people. I support gay marriage, rights, etc. So no body should take this the wrong way.....

This doesn't surprise me at all about Home Depot...... It only makes sense that HD would support gay rights. Lord knows Home Depot and it's CEO practise screwing their employees in the ass every day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta