Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 08:48 AM

957 posts, read 3,357,270 times

Advertisements

I tried TruGreen and am not happy with their service. Anyone have any good lawncare service recommendations that charges a fair price. TruGreen had a $29.95 first time offer, then $50 every treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 10:23 AM

4 posts, read 7,276 times
Default Lawn care

Try Kudzu.com where you will find all bunch of references.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:54 AM

17,475 posts, read 66,054,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
I tried TruGreen and am not happy with their service.

I've been using them for the pass few years and I've come to the conclusion- they suck!
I think they been putting ice tea on my yard (it's a southern thang)!
I'd like to hear others comments on a good service.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:07 AM

Good thing that someone else agrees with me. They worked on my lawn for a total of 10 minutes and my grass started to turn yellow. I have appointment with Nature's Landscape tomorrow morning.

Kudzu is great and all but would love to hear real testimonies of good lawn care companies you've worked with directly and are very satified with work and price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
I've been using them for the pass few years and I've come to the conclusion- they suck!
I think they been putting ice tea on my yard (it's a southern thang)!
I'd like to hear others comments on a good service.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:29 AM

329 posts, read 638,319 times
how about driving around your subdivision and seeing which lawn companies trucks / signs are around, and if the lawns they are servicing are good?

i would recommend mine but he is a local guy and does a lot of the lawns in my neighborhood.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:10 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,425,818 times
This reminds me, I have to cancel True Green.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
This reminds me, I have to cancel True Green.
Good thing I am canceling after my first $29.95 promotion. Seriously... the TruGreen guy was here for 10 minutes. I think he sprayed Chinese tea in my yard for about 5 minutes and wants $50 next time..FORGET THAT!! my yard was green before this guy showed up and now it has turned yellow and this is with sprinkling my lawn every other day.

Please... anyone... I need a good lawncare service with a good price in the Johns Creek area. If you have anyone you can recommend please us know. It has been 20 days since I moved here and many of these companies have call centers in Florida and they don't call back.

Scotts Landscaping is terrible as well when comes to a follow up call.

HOLY SMOKES do weeds grow fast here.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:23 PM

17,475 posts, read 66,054,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince217 View Post
how about driving around your subdivision and seeing which lawn companies trucks / signs are around, and if the lawns they are servicing are good?

i would recommend mine but he is a local guy and does a lot of the lawns in my neighborhood.

I've got the same sort of thing here- the company that does the common areas of the subdivision also does several homes in the neighborhood- and I must say the yards look great.
But he doesn't want to just do the weed, feed- he wants it all: mowing, hedging, leaves, color beds, yada, yada, yada! I might not like doing yardwork- but I'm sure as Hell not an invalid. Besides, I'm a cheap bastard!

Old 07-20-2011, 05:20 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,773,285 times
I have always had good experience with TruGreen. In my neighborhood it is quite obvious the homes that have a service and those that don't.

However if you have a really crappy lown, TruGreen alone is not going to help it. Even then I find it takes a full season of post and pre-emergant treatment to fully see the benefit.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:40 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
I tried TruGreen and am not happy with their service. Anyone have any good lawncare service recommendations that charges a fair price. TruGreen had a $29.95 first time offer, then $50 every treatment.
I use a smaller local company called Best Lawn for my weed spraying and fertilizing, and I've been quite happy with them. They also aerate and seed every other year or so (whenever I need it, usually in the fall). $40 per treatment.

Last edited by rcsteiner; 07-20-2011 at 10:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta