Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which amoung these 5 cities do you like the best and why?
Sandy Springs population 93,853 20 33.90%
Roswell population 88,346 13 22.03%
Johns Creek population 76,728 14 23.73%
Alpharetta population 57,551 13 22.03%
Marietta popultion 56,579 7 11.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 11:45 AM

957 posts, read 3,355,973 times

Advertisements

These five cities represents the top 5 most populous cities in metra Atlanta. Which city do like most and why? If you live in one of these cities why did you decide to move there over the other cities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 12:28 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,771,076 times
I laugh mrpanda because you are so in love with your new hometown (which is a wonderful thing) and appear determined to get others to agree with you!

I don't live in any of your options and like all of them for different reasons. What year someone bought their house has a lot to do with what part of town they live in. I remember in 1994 when my sister bought in Johns Creek, she was miserable (she of loves it now). It was still no man's land - 10 miles or more to a movie, Home Depot etc. There was only one rated high school (Chattahochee). Sandy Springs was not even a city then and Marietta was still very much THE place to move.

My point being, that each of these cities have been THE place to be at different times with Johns Creek currently peaking. You can't expect someone to keep moving their family from place to place based on what is currently popular. I say all of these places are great for families. I am single and none of them work for me.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:37 PM

16,683 posts, read 29,502,859 times
We have to remember, that 4 of the 5 cities above have city limits that more accurately represent what people mean when they say the city's name.

However, when a lot of people think of "Marietta," they are also including most of East Cobb (and small parts of West Cobb)--East Cobb is not within Marietta's city limits and is thus not included in any demographic and population profile for Marietta.

It is the same for many other parts of suburban Atlanta outside of Fulton County (which is incorporation land): "Kennesaw," "Powder Springs," "Woodstock," "Acworth," "Stone Mountain," "Lithonia," "Decatur," "Snellville," "Lilburn," "Lawrenceville," "Norcross," "Conyers," "Douglasville," "Canton," etc, etc...

Old 09-17-2011, 12:40 PM

324 posts, read 877,054 times
Is, Dunwoody, considered part of Sandy Springs ?

Old 09-17-2011, 12:43 PM

Ok... if you are unincorporated land.. pick the city closest to it. For example if you live in S. Forsyth ... pick Johns Creek of course.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:45 PM

Haha.. yes.. i am in love with my new hometown, except for the fact we don't have a 2nd airport up north of course.

There are two restaurants right on the same complex as HMART in Johns creek: First one is Long Horn - The Prime rib there is amazing and steakl just melts in your mouth... Kani Japanese Sushi / Steakhouse cooks the food right on the table tempayaki style... Food is fabulous and cheaper than Benhinana in Chicago.

What i hate about my new hometown: 1 hour drive to Hartsfield Airport.

Yes.. for fun... I want to see which of the five above has the most city pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilove View Post
I laugh mrpanda because you are so in love with your new hometown (which is a wonderful thing) and appear determined to get others to agree with you!

I don't live in any of your options and like all of them for different reasons. What year someone bought their house has a lot to do with what part of town they live in. I remember in 1994 when my sister bought in Johns Creek, she was miserable (she of loves it now). It was still no man's land - 10 miles or more to a movie, Home Depot etc. There was only one rated high school (Chattahochee). Sandy Springs was not even a city then and Marietta was still very much THE place to move.

My point being, that each of these cities have been THE place to be at different times with Johns Creek currently peaking. You can't expect someone to keep moving their family from place to place based on what is currently popular. I say all of these places are great for families. I am single and none of them work for me.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:22 PM

415 posts, read 972,131 times
How many Post Offices does Johns Creek have?

Old 09-17-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban5 View Post
How many Post Offices does Johns Creek have?
No idea... I just know that the JC zip codes overlap with duluth, alpharetta, and suwanee.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:40 PM

415 posts, read 972,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
No idea... I just know that the JC zip codes overlap with duluth, alpharetta, and suwanee.
Just teasing lol....

Pretty much anywhere in North Fulton is nice. I was in Marietta this week, and can't get over how ugly all the billboards are. It seems there is a Titlemax every half mile and Pawn shops galore.

Gross.

Old 09-17-2011, 03:40 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,076,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
Ok... if you are unincorporated land.. pick the city closest to it. For example if you live in S. Forsyth ... pick Johns Creek of course.
Unless you live in an unincorporated area with a strong local identity like I do (Mableton), in Vinings, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta