Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 12:50 AM

230 posts, read 258,908 times

Advertisements

I am maybe moving to Atlanta my job would be by chattahoochie st. 30318. I am interested in the la fitness in Atlantic station for the basketball court, I would like to go out at night but not have to drive more than 8 miles. As far as rent goes I would like to do $600-900
My friend lives in alpharata and told me to look in north Atlanta and north west atl. Because I dont do crime, funny I'm from Newark new jersey. Lol, its getting crazy up here, Asians are robbing people.

Fulton seems nice very populated which is cool, diverse based on wikipedia. I like women but I don't want to sacrifice location and time. I will drive to be immersed in the city. Is 30318 mid town, downtown atl's geography has me twisted anyway please help. I am black carribbean, a nice guy, and sexy as all get out(personal observation) I have a masters in science pharma and am looking to be happy, I am a gym rat, and don't eat cheese unless I'm feeling real nutty

Removed - do not post your personal email address in the forum please.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 10-02-2011 at 08:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 02:57 AM

2,530 posts, read 4,771,750 times
Cumberland/Smyrna/Vinings area will keep you within 10 miles of many popular destinations in Atlanta and is an easy commute to Chattachochee Avenue. There is an LA Fitness nearby that has a basketball court

https://www.lafitness.com/Pages/club...clubStatusID=1

Old 10-02-2011, 03:18 PM

3,708 posts, read 5,984,814 times
Midtown/West Midtown will have rentals in your range and your commute will be ten minutes. It's probably where you want to be, given your description.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:45 PM

Ok so we have Vinings, midtown, west midtown. I have lived in manhattan and Philadelphia. And seen the crime of Newark nj. Which is more diverse? I'm in my late 20's... Btw thanks

Old 10-02-2011, 06:27 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,771,750 times
Midtown and West Midtown will be more diverse. Midtown is more established. West Midtown is a new up and coming area (Facebook is expanding offices there). West Midtown will be a bit more hit and miss as far as safety or crime. Vinings/Cumberland is more suburban and would have less crime than the other two options.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:30 PM

Ok....question in Philadelphia the city is pretty much a bunch of neighborhoods put together. In manhattan, bunch of overly priced apts surrounding big towers and financial buildings. In new York people from the tristate flock into the city to party almost 95% of the people don't live there. My question is.... Is Atlanta the same way? Are there more people who flock into the city at night and day to have fun. I ask because if people just go there at night I might as well do stay around chatahoochie or Vinings.

And are there any good apt complexes, lofts, condominiums

Old 10-03-2011, 07:01 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,513,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnj1215 View Post
Ok....question in Philadelphia the city is pretty much a bunch of neighborhoods put together. In manhattan, bunch of overly priced apts surrounding big towers and financial buildings. In new York people from the tristate flock into the city to party almost 95% of the people don't live there. My question is.... Is Atlanta the same way? Are there more people who flock into the city at night and day to have fun. I ask because if people just go there at night I might as well do stay around chatahoochie or Vinings.

And are there any good apt complexes, lofts, condominiums
I currently live in Manhattan and work in Newark, so I have a little bit of your perspective.

Atlanta proper is definitely more populated during the day. A large percentage fights the traffic to get to their cubicle around 9am, and retreats back to their suburbs come the stroke of 5pm.

Broadly speaking, the population left over (at least in the nicer areas, I lived in Midtown by Piedmont Park) at night and on the weekends is fairly young and active, which was a big plus for me.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:55 PM

Ok I gotcha, do you like Atlanta or up here more?

Old 10-04-2011, 02:25 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,513,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnj1215 View Post
Ok I gotcha, do you like Atlanta or up here more?
Hard to say. If I had unlimited budget, Manhattan of course. But as it is, I can rent a 1 bedroom in Harlem (Hamilton Heights, not a terrible area) or for the same money I could have a mortgage on a decent 2 bed/2 bad condo right next to Piedmont Park or a huge house somewhere out the suburbs (not that I want to live in the suburbs anytime soon).

Also I have to have a car for my job, which is a real pain. Hello circling around for an hour looking for a spot to park at midnight....

Not to mention that I'd take an Atlanta winter any day of the week over a New York one.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:45 PM

I see......hahahahaha, got your answer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta