Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2011, 11:41 AM

4 posts, read 7,320 times

Advertisements

I got a reckless driving ticket this past Saturday when I failed to yield to a pedestrian/police officer while he was walking through a parking lot. I was just pulling out from my parking spot when I apparently cut him off. I did not see him until I was past him and he was in my rear view.

I saw him gesture with his hands up as if to say 'what the heck?'. He says that he told me to stop and that I almost hit him. I apologized profusely and told him that I didn't see him and certainly didn't think I had come that close to him. He gave me the ticket for reckless driving and I'm wondering if there is any way that I might be able to get the ticket reduced or try to defend myself. Is this the type of ticket that I can just pay online or is it court appearance only??

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Harmless not reckless

Old 10-03-2011, 12:14 PM

47 posts, read 138,966 times
I think that cop had a bad day and he took it out on you. It's not like they ever made a mistake in their life right?

Old 10-03-2011, 12:16 PM

4 posts, read 7,320 times
Well I can't tell you how many times I have walked through a parking lot and did not get 'special treatment' and allowed to pass. I think the officer felt slighted or something and then when he says he told me to stop and I didn't then 'it was on'.

I just don't know what may happen and if I can just pay in off and be done with it or if I have to go to court, face all kinds of fines, suspension, etc.?

Old 10-03-2011, 08:59 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,876,421 times
You're asking for what amounts to be legal advice. No one here can (or should) be offering such advice, so please see your local directory for an attorney who specializes in driver/ticket issues who can assist you professionally. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta