Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 11:00 AM

1 posts, read 12,247 times

Advertisements

I am moving to ATL soon. Need great daycare for 2 1/2 year old son. Creme de la creme has very long wait list. Has anyone heard of Sunshine House or know of other daycare centers in the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 11:30 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,737,128 times
Sunshine House is OKAY. Not Great. I know some people who've liked it a lot; others pulled their kids. Check out Church and Synagogues in the area. How old is your child? Also look at Bright From the Start (google this) as it's the best way to get info and feedback as well as ratings from GA licensed daycare facilities. You can sort by zipcode.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:54 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,929,449 times
A friend of mine took his daughter (a baby) to Sunshine House for her first day and left with her in his arms. He said that babies and toddlers were crying and crying without any caregiver intervening or helping out. That is just one experience - maybe it was just a very bad day. I agree about checking out churches in the area. The Lutheran Church on Roswell Rd. just north of Sunshine House has a daycare center called "Open Arms" that I have heard great things about.

Old 08-27-2007, 01:23 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,100,917 times
The Peachtree Road Lutheran Church in Buckhead has a daycare that is NAEYC accredited, just down the road from Lenox Mall. Wieuca Rd. Baptist also has a daycare, but I think that it is very hard to get into.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:12 AM

1 posts, read 11,696 times
I had my son in the Sunshine house off on W. Wieuca Road. Very, very nasty place (had roaches) and husband was not happy with it either. It is close to the Sunshine house located on Roswell Road. Check out the one on Roswell Road and the directress told me to check out other daycares in the area (I still do not know why she said this to me). Anyway I did not get a good feel when I was there anyway.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:30 AM

2 posts, read 21,245 times
Open Arms Buckhead is AMAZING!!! they have wonderful teachers and currently have some openings at the preschool level and in the nursery. it is conveniently located in buckhead (4000 roswell rd) and way more affordable than Creme. call 404-256-1330 and try to reserve a spot or request a tour. they have a website, but are in the process of updating it.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:31 AM

2 posts, read 21,245 times
here is the url for open arms to learn more...

Open Arms * Lutheran Child Development Center * Buckhead

Old 05-13-2009, 10:52 AM

168 posts, read 560,866 times
Suzuki School. Awesome, awesome, awesome. Not cheap though.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:38 PM

32 posts, read 143,404 times
Thought I'd weigh in here. I liked Suzuki also but was concerned about the size of the classes. They are enormous. Any moms here want to weigh in? Also, I thought that the six close is just too tight for working parents. I need the flexibility. We ended up find a great preschool that operates a full day program (very nurturing and great with academics). I'd avoid chains.

Would love feedback on Suzuki from parents who actually attend there. After we finally decided I feel like I know enough to write a book.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:02 AM

1 posts, read 7,857 times
Open Arms is the best place you can leave your child while you go to work. You know he/she is in good care, the school is wonderful, very high educational standars, all about love and values. I am catholic and love the fact that my son is getting a christian based education. He was going to a different place close (which I rather not to mention as I think that if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything) and he tremendously changed, he is happy, I got my boy back, he is learning a lot, the teachers really care for the kids to learn. As parents we wnat the best for our kids, this is the best place. I am even willing to keep paying for pre-k because this school is excelent! 5 stars out of 5!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta