Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 10:36 PM

48 posts, read 87,756 times

Advertisements

I like to go to the The Dwarf House in the middle of the night. It's a bit of a drive but its hard to beat getting Chickfila at 3 am. : )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 10:49 AM

7 posts, read 16,781 times
Landmark Diner is 24-7. There are several locations - I know for sure the location downtown at Luckie and Forsyth never closes.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:03 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,022,098 times
Tons of places in dekalb county, fulton industrial blvd and on the southside of town

Old 01-09-2012, 11:37 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,089,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyset View Post
Thanks for answering the question. So should I take that as a no?
I rarely frequent the City of Atlanta, so I can't answer that portion of the question. I don't hang out there during any hour, really... In suburbia, though, there are places like the Marietta Diner which are open 24x7, and Doc's in Smyrna is open until 4am Mon-Fri. Not 24x7, but that's usually late enough for me.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:40 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,022,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
yeah most of these are places that are 24 hours wherever you go. who wants to hang out at CVS at 4 am?

i have the same issue— i'm a night person and there's nowhere to go at night. there is a market but no one seems to be taking the plunge. i eat kosher and there isn't a kosher place in town that stays open past 8 pm, which is usually before my dinnertime. totally lame.
Don't give out your opinion if u do not know what u r talking about. Metro Atl has plenty of
Places open late

Old 01-09-2012, 03:17 PM

174 posts, read 412,077 times
Quote:
From my experience most cities that claim to be 24/7 usually are not with exception being Las Vegas. Even New York City had dead streets in a lot of places after the ball dropped on New Years. Miami Beach was so over hyped as everything seemed to shut down after 1-2 am with empty streets and closed stores... mind you this was on Labor Day weekend.

I am not expecting for all of the lights to be on in Atlanta, but what places open 24/7? Not necessarily clubs either. Are there places like cafes or bookstores where one can chill or have a conversation anytime of the day or night or a least till 4 or 5 am?

Is there an area of the city that just stays open 24/7 (a part of Midtown maybe?)

I think its really odd how urban cities are always projected to be places that are always vibrant and never sleep. Maybe they were at one point but something has happened today where cities can be just as dead as the suburbs after 10 or 11pm.
There are 24hr starbucks and Dunkin Doughnuts.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:24 PM

174 posts, read 412,077 times
Quote:
Na I was all over South Beach and I was at times square where the crowds left so fast you would think a Godzilla was coming. The streets were not alive.

Everytime I go to NYC and stay in time square, me and my friends always have a good time no matter what time of the night it is. I use to live in South Florida and I never felt like it was nothing to do after midnight when I go to South Beach. Now if you go to those places thinking you are going to read a book or something like that after midnight, then those are the wrong places to go. They have 24 hour starbucks for things like that. Atlanta also have places you can go after midnight. Maybe you are looking for something more specific.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:03 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,060,376 times
Quote:
Metro Atl has plenty of
Places open late
Quote:
Atlanta also have places you can go after midnight
You guys are missing the point of this thread entirely.

The OP asked for specific examples of businesses that are open 24 hours, not simply for assurance that they exist.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:35 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,101,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
yeah most of these are places that are 24 hours wherever you go. who wants to hang out at CVS at 4 am?

i have the same issue— i'm a night person and there's nowhere to go at night. there is a market but no one seems to be taking the plunge. i eat kosher and there isn't a kosher place in town that stays open past 8 pm, which is usually before my dinnertime. totally lame.

There are a good number of places to go at 4AM, you just have to know where they are. Atlanta has a decent amount of after hours spots and 24 hour food places. It could probably be more, but they are out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Tons of places in dekalb county, fulton industrial blvd and on the southside of town

Pretty much, but most people on here wouldn't be caught dead in Rocafellas, Dirty Rats, or The Cave. So it pretty much depends on your background. I on the other hand spent plenty of early mornings walking out of Dirty Rats looking at the sunrise.....lol

Old 01-09-2012, 04:51 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,515,853 times
Quote:
I was at times square where the crowds left so fast you would think a Godzilla was coming. The streets were not alive.
Times Square on New Year's Eve is a bad example. Everyone is so miserable from being crushed together for the last 8 hours, everyone can't wait to get the hell out. Any other day of the year (especially in the summer) and its a much different story.

If you're in Midtown/Buckhead, R. Thomas is a great spot for 24 hour eating with a cool atmosphere. IIRC, they may close from like 5-6am or something for cleaning, but I think they just won't let any new customers in; if you're already there they don't kick you out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta