Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 02:01 AM

33 posts, read 153,666 times

Advertisements

I believe I'm moving to Duluth, and I'm very interested in the Reserve at Sugarloaf, across the street from Sugarloaf CC.

I havent chosen the job yet...right now theres 2 options, Lawrenceville and Cumberland Blvd (285 @ 75).
How bad would the commute be to L-Ville? Cumberland Blvd?

Any places you guys can suggest thats similar to The Reserve that would be closer to either job location?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 03:27 AM

985 posts, read 5,760,177 times
Lawrenceville won't be too bad since you are travel against traffic. Forget Marietta location. That's too far away.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:04 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,258,638 times
I don't get it - why would you want to choose to pick a place to live and then worry about where the job is? Isn't the commute time important to you as a factor of your living?

Old 09-07-2007, 02:51 PM

Yes its important, but WHERE i live is more important to me. I cannot find anything as nice as the Reserve at Sugarloaf near the Marietta job location. You guys think of anything? If so, then I'll consider moving. Until then, the Reserve is close to top elementary schools, very close to shopping, very close to the interstate (which is a must for me).

Old 09-07-2007, 03:40 PM

985 posts, read 5,760,177 times
I agree that Reserve at Sugarloaf is very nice apartment. One of coworker lives there. It is a little pricey, but it is worth. It was voted Gwinnett apartment of year twice.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:59 PM

jxu, you seem to know a lot about commute times. how long would my commute be to Smyrna in mornings/evenings?

what about from the reserve to lawrenceville?

Old 09-07-2007, 04:06 PM

10 posts, read 52,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by askelly728 View Post

Lawrenceville covers a large area. About where in Lawrenceville?

Old 09-07-2007, 06:13 PM
fil

364 posts, read 1,627,869 times
Quote:
how long would my commute be to Smyrna in mornings/evenings?

From Sugarloaf CC to the Galleria Mall between 7:30-9:30 AM will take you about an 1-1.5 hours. Without traffic 30-40 mins. You're going with traffic.

From Sugarloaf CC to Sugarloaf Pkwy, L'ville it will take you 15 min on the back roads (I use to work off of Sugarloaf Pkwy) during rush hour. If you get on I85, you're going with traffic, so get on the back roads and go against traffic.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:18 PM
fil

364 posts, read 1,627,869 times
Quote:
Yes its important, but WHERE i live is more important to me. I cannot find anything as nice as the Reserve at Sugarloaf near the Marietta job location. You guys think of anything? If so, then I'll consider moving. Until then, the Reserve is close to top elementary schools, very close to shopping, very close to the interstate (which is a must for me).
It's the best part of Atlanta, IMO, since everything is new and near by. The Gwinnett Arena is comfy and many events go there (it was nice when the GA Force plus the Gwinnett Gladiators played there), you are surrounded by newer Malls (Discover Mills, Mall of GA, Gwinnett Mall, and Fry's) and movie theaters, you're 20-30 min from Commerce, GA (outlet Malls), you're 30 min from the mountains and excellent hiking trails and camping, you're close to Lake Lanier, etc.

Old 09-08-2007, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil View Post
It's the best part of Atlanta, IMO, since everything is new and near by. The Gwinnett Arena is comfy and many events go there (it was nice when the GA Force plus the Gwinnett Gladiators played there), you are surrounded by newer Malls (Discover Mills, Mall of GA, Gwinnett Mall, and Fry's) and movie theaters, you're 20-30 min from Commerce, GA (outlet Malls), you're 30 min from the mountains and excellent hiking trails and camping, you're close to Lake Lanier, etc.
Thats what I was thinking. The commute to downtown seems to be the only downfall. The difference in the salaries b/w the downtown job and the L-ville job is roughly $15k. I'll take a longer commute for that $. But, that's just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta