Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 02:54 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
No one should be having unprotected sex if you are sexually active anyway and no married man should be sleeping around on there wives. So if you are and you contract a STD dont blame no one but yourself
So if many black women have HIV what you are saying IS they shouls blame themselves right? Is this what I am reading good sir?

Old 05-15-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaShonda Roberts View Post
Reading all yalls post is starting to scare me. It sounds like a plague is going on up there in Atlanta.
Why be scared if you are not having sex in Atlanta...unless you were planning to, not sure?

Old 05-16-2012, 07:37 AM

15 posts, read 6,360 times
According to reports by the CDC, black women are less likely than other women, to use intravenous drugs, so that's not a major factor accounting for their HIV transmission rates. It appears that the social partnerships are very much responsible.

Huge segments of black males are in and out of prison, and we know that prison populations tend to have much higher HIV rates than the general population. Since most black women (regardless of their socioeconomic background) primarily date and have relations with black men, they are more likely than any other race of women in the U.S. to have partners who have spent time in prison. This in itself, increases their chances of coming in contact with a sexually transmitted infection, like HIV.

All women, should definitely exclude men who have spent any time in prison. Also, women should not be quick to sleep with a man, without actually getting to know him. It's not enough to simply wait 90 days before sleeping with someone. The mindset needs to be more grounded in not settling or lowering one's standards just to have a partner.

It's important for women to really evaluate who they sleep with and take it one step further, before actually engaging in any form of sex, ask your partner to go with you to the clinic to get tested for HIV, Herpes, HPV and other STDs. If the HIV test is negative, follow the instructions of the clinic and return within the given time frame to follow-up with a second HIV test, to confirm hiv negative status.

I have worked in public health, and this is the only true way (in addition to regular condom use) to limit your risk of infection, because people can and do lie, and say just about anything. Think about it, if the guy is positive and hasn't informed you of his status (or if he's one that engages in a lot of risky sex without condoms) do you really think that he will want to go along with you to get an HIV test? Of course he won't. That guy will make up all of the excuses in the book, to evade getting tested. That should be all that you need to know, to quickly move on.

Unless more black women (in particular) follow this advice, the numbers will continue to rise. You can not look at someone and determine whether they have HIV or any other STD. Many times, people look completely healthy, but that's the furthest thing from the truth. The only way to know for certain is to get tested at the same time with your partner. Usually, men who are concerned about their health and willing to get tested are not the same, as the men who want to evade getting tested. As I have already pointed out, men who do not want to get tested with you, are usually trying to conceal their HIV positive status, or they know that there's a possibility they may have an STD and do not want to face the music.

Yes, condoms are important, but even more important is to confirm whether or not the person has any STDS and to actually get to know the person, to discern whether they are truly monogamous and committed to you. This will take much longer than 90 days, but it will be very worthwhile.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:13 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,912,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
So if many black women have HIV what you are saying IS they shouls blame themselves right? Is this what I am reading good sir?
There part of the blame take responsiblity for laying up with men unprotected.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:25 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times
You read articles like this one:

33-year-old man has 30 kids by 11 different women

and becomes clearer why the AIDS rates is climbing for black women....

Old 05-18-2012, 09:39 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
That is just ridiculous. Who do these people think is going to be responsible for paying for their children? I've known plenty of folks who deferred having even one child because they wanted to be sure they had the resources to raise him.

30 children!

Old 05-18-2012, 10:00 PM

2,047 posts, read 4,620,764 times
I'd be interested to know the ages of the "women" involved. Every time we had a case like that the mothers wrre underage. Sometimes substantially so. I've seen this case posted everywhere, but no one has explored that angle.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
There part of the blame take responsiblity for laying up with men unprotected.
I've been tested twice since living in Atlanta. I like getting tested. I still many women are sleeping with the same prototypes.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
You read articles like this one:

33-year-old man has 30 kids by 11 different women

and becomes clearer why the AIDS rates is climbing for black women....
See what I mean. So many women share the same guy. They never try to get there own exclusive man. That's a lot of children

Old 05-18-2012, 10:19 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
I'd be interested to know the ages of the "women" involved. Every time we had a case like that the mothers wrre underage. Sometimes substantially so. I've seen this case posted everywhere, but no one has explored that angle.
This video has their names listed:
Tonnisha Hollis
Kayla Reed
Zenobia Alexander
Delishia Brown
Ashley Badgett
Latisha Page
Tanya Ray
Carmelita McDowell
Nyesha Cooper
Megan Cooper

Shouldn't be too hard to find most of them on FB.

29 year old man has 21 babies by 11 women - YouTube

He had 11 mothers then with 21 and he is up to 30 with the same set of 11 so he just keeps breeding with the same women...

Man who fathered 30 kids with 11 different women says he needs a break - from child support | Mail Online

Kayla Reed has a 4 year old so she was 16/17 when she was pregnant so proves your theory semi correct...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta