Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 08:37 AM

1,709 posts, read 3,427,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
JPD is spot on...going north from Lindbergh, the only stop in DeKalb is the Dunwoody station...
Interesting, guess they all just hug the line...I've lived in that area for years and associate the Perimeter area as mostly Dekalb, which it is, just not west the Ptree Dunwoody corridor I guess. Regardless, MARTA's trains are in plenty of spots where economic windfalls are probably never going to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 09:01 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,304,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
Interesting, guess they all just hug the line...I've lived in that area for years and associate the Perimeter area as mostly Dekalb, which it is, just not west the Ptree Dunwoody corridor I guess. Regardless, MARTA's trains are in plenty of spots where economic windfalls are probably never going to happen.
MARTA's reason for existing is not to provide economic windfalls. I'm not clear on what your point is. MARTA is not just in Dekalb county.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:02 AM

16,708 posts, read 29,546,721 times
Quote:

Yes, the Perimeter Center area is interesting. The mall falls in DeKalb, as well as many other office areas. But I read somewhere that more of the Perimeter Center businesses/offices/etc. are actually on the Fulton side.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:06 AM

230 posts, read 493,104 times
Quote:
Yes, the Perimeter Center area is interesting. The mall falls in DeKalb, as well as many other office areas. But I read somewhere that more of the Perimeter Center businesses/offices/etc. are actually on the Fulton side.
Correct. Around 60% in S.S, 40% Dekalb (mostly in Dunwoody, with the expcetion of Perimeter Summit which is in unincorporated Dekalb),

Old 06-27-2012, 08:35 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,312,458 times
Maybe so and maybe not.

All I'm saying is that the state didn't really do many of the areas below I-20 within the I-285 perimeter any justice for a long time since the 1960s...and that was when Georgia was a majority Democratic stronghold. The "I hate Atlanta" bandwagon always had a high occupancy rate regardless of which political party happens to be utilizing the seats at the time.

Parochialistic politics have way too strong a hold on Georgia, and as long as that phenomena is the case, then the likelihood of economic windfalls happening ANYWHERE in Georgia outside of the concentrated wealthy strongholds are slim to none...let alone in the neighborhoods and towns near many of MARTA's train stations.

Oh well, I guess...

Quote:

Old 06-27-2012, 08:45 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,312,458 times
Just for the record guys, I'm not arguing that the sole reason for a MARTA station/rail line is to create an economic windfall. All I'm saying is that companies may see a typical municipality's heighten attentiveness to its infrastructure issues as one of many positive reasons to want to locate/relocate to that area to start up or continue its business.

It certainly wouldn't hurt the collective image of Lithonia, Stonecrest Mall, and the areas surrounding them if proper attention was paid to it's transportation issues amongst other considerations. What's good for Sandy Springs and Dunwoody should be good for everyone else.

That's all I'm saying.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:25 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,886,331 times
Quote:
JPD is spot on...going north from Lindbergh, the only stop in DeKalb is the Dunwoody station...
Doraville station and Chamblee station.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:52 AM

16,708 posts, read 29,546,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthemove2014 View Post
Doraville station and Chamblee station.
Um, I said going north from Lindbergh. Doraville and Chamblee are going northeast (which would include Brookhaven as well in DeKalb County).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta