Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 08:35 PM

270 posts, read 587,567 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I've been watching that TV show Bait Car. Let's just say it makes Atlanta look umm.... please insert your own adjective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 08:39 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
That show moves around from city to city; the dummies who fall prey to the bait car in ATL are no worse than any other city.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:47 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,022,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat2011 View Post
Hi,

I've been watching that TV show Bait Car. Let's just say it makes Atlanta look umm.... please insert your own adjective.
No different than when they were in New Orleans

Old 07-11-2012, 02:38 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,876,597 times
i think that show is horrid. it takes advantage of extremely poor people by charging people for a crime that the police created. face it, no one with any sense leaves a luxury car on bankhead highway, unlocked, door open, with the key in it. some poor fool comes along and sees it and thinks his year has been made.

it targets desperate people who may have not ever committed such a crime if not presented with such an opportunity. it does nothing to bring down the real crime that goes on in that area, the most notable crime being the fact that it is the site of a huge heroin hub that druglords all over the east coast get their heroin from.

instead of our police force trying to make easy money off of these poor fools by entrapment, they ought to be out there doing their damned jobs and stopping large swaths of our city from being third world ****holes. i'm not blaming the officers, but i do blame those higher up for making such stupid decisions about what crimes to go after. in neighbourhoods like capitol view you have to wait four ****ing hours for the police to respond to a call— and this is what we're paying for in taxes???

Old 07-11-2012, 05:38 AM

749 posts, read 887,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
i think that show is horrid. it takes advantage of extremely poor people by charging people for a crime that the police created.
After watching a few clips on youtube, I absolutely love this show. What's not to love about putting car jackers behind bars? Is there any way I could donate money to this?? Their website claims they have put 4 of the top 10 wanted car thieves in jail. It sure sounds like those people were stealing cars long before bait car.

http://http://www.baitcar.com/four_t...ieves_arrested

And FYI - Not all of the trash stealing the bait car are of the extremely poor type. Check out this clip below...

http://http://m.youtube.com/index?de...?v=CfJIfbUeiL4

Old 07-11-2012, 05:41 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,022,098 times
I love it. If its not your car don't get in it. Sounds simple to me

Old 07-11-2012, 08:25 AM

221 posts, read 431,405 times
This show would make any city look bad.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:12 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
i think that show is horrid. it takes advantage of extremely poor people by charging people for a crime that the police created.
If this were a show baiting people into something like buying drugs I would agree. But car jacking is another story.

Quote:
it targets desperate people who may have not ever committed such a crime if not presented with such an opportunity.
There have been some cases on there where a poor person notified the police, or merely parked the car off the street where the owner could get it later. Not everyone resorted to theft just because they were poor. And they usually ask the people if they have prior records, almost everyone does.

Quote:
stopping large swaths of our city from being third world ****holes. i'm not blaming the officers, but i do blame those higher up for making such stupid decisions about what crimes to go after
Kind of confused by this. They typically do target crime heavy areas of the city that you would associate with lower quality standards of living. And you don't think car jacking is a serious crime?

Last edited by atltechdude; 07-11-2012 at 09:32 AM..

Old 07-11-2012, 01:07 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,889,276 times
If I win the lottery I'm going to buy the City 50 additional bait cars for their program - and maybe build a "bait house" as well.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:34 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
i think that show is horrid. it takes advantage of extremely poor people by charging people for a crime that the police created. face it, no one with any sense leaves a luxury car on bankhead highway, unlocked, door open, with the key in it. some poor fool comes along and sees it and thinks his year has been made.
I kind of get what you are saying -- I don't like any TV shows that show people getting locked up or sent off to jail. What a waste of humanity. If these guys were applying themselves they could be good responsible citizens who are contributing to society rather than dragging it (and themselves) down.

That being said, there's no doubt that these guys are the author of their misfortune. MOST people simply walk on by someone else's car, whether it's locked or not. The fact that you run across something that it isn't locked up or nailed down doesn't mean you're supposed to steal it.

Tragic and discouraging on several levels.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: