Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 07:47 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,115,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
I can kinda understand why Georgiana would vote against this. I mean Georgiana's aren't the thinest people, and taking public transportation would require walking and nobody wants to walk to wafflehouse. If God didn't want us to have fossils fuel, then he wouldn't have killed the dinosulaurs 3000 years ago.
Take this somewhere else...there must be a clown show somewhere that merits your talents. If this fails it deserves to. Citizens are tired of being lied to and a no vote will be an affirmation if that.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Box

382 posts, read 661,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Take this somewhere else...there must be a clown show somewhere that merits your talents. If this fails it deserves to. Citizens are tired of being lied to and a no vote will an affirmation if that.
If citizens oppose this measure because they don't think that it goes far enough then fair enough, but the fact that the only other solutions being proposed is to build more road kinda goes to prove how ass backwards some Georgians are.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:05 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,963,931 times
The only reason there Marta needs some of this money is because they can't get it from anywhere else! The state sure as heck isn't giving them any.

But go ahead and vote no. Just put Atlanta's issues off even longer. MAYBE there will be another proposal in decade or so for you all to complain and moan about whilst you turn around and complain about the traffic you sit in. Not to mention, the cost of these projects rise everyday, so get ready to pay EVEN MORE in the future. SMH

Old 07-15-2012, 08:05 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,115,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
If citizens oppose this measure because they don't think that it goes far enough then fair enough, but the fact that the only other solutions being proposed is to build more road kinda goes to prove how ass backwards some Georgians are.
You can talk about this issue in a reasonable manner, or you can continue to be an ass. Your choice. Insults will not serve to further your argument.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Box

382 posts, read 661,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
You can talk about this issue in a reasonable manner, or you can continue to be an ass. Your choice. Insults will not serve to further your argument.
Sorry, but its all pretty much true. Not saying people are bad people, or even wrong for opposing this referendum, its just the reasons that some folks give as to shy they are against if which gets me. Its pretty clear that a lot of people would still oppose this bill even if if wasn't costly.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:51 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,094,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateforchanger View Post
The majority is selfish or just doesn't understand. If it fails there will be no plan B...I would recommend they add tolls to every somewhat major state road and try and get the feds to agree to allow them to turn the interstates into toll roads. When people can't do good for themselves, make them do it.
How would tolls address most of the issues (MARTA repairs, an airport control tower, etc.) that are funded by the T-SPLOST?

Old 07-16-2012, 12:31 AM

6,563 posts, read 12,061,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
Clearly if this doesn't pass the sky will fall and the World will promptly come to an end. If it fails, perhaps they will evaluate why it fails and come up with a plan that fits the wants/needs of the people and doesn't waste $600 million on deferred MARTA maintenance and $900 million on a light rail route that will add just 10,000 riders.
The world might not come to an end, but Atlanta might. It would turn into Detroit, on August 1.

Joking aside, I think plan B should be private investment (actually that should have been Plan A). I don't think people should pay taxes for something they aren't going to use. The MMPT project is getting funded by 3 different firms, and construction might begin as early as next year. I think the Beltline should stay a private organization.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:44 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,935,779 times
If it fails in Metro Atlanta and passess in every other corner of the state -- which is quite possible -- I am going to laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh ...

Old 07-16-2012, 12:53 AM

1,531 posts, read 3,102,279 times
As would I, but I don't see it passing down in SE GA.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:11 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,935,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
As would I, but I don't see it passing down in SE GA.
Yeah ... me too which is a real shame because there are some very good projects in the Savannah region that could be funded and might otherwise never ever get done, like the road to Tybee etc. The entire process has been flawed from the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta