Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 11:44 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,390,202 times

Advertisements

Folks - None of you can ever win this argument...

Old 07-25-2012, 11:48 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,620,764 times
Oh, and of course I'd love to see Cathy and his bigoted little chicken shack brought to their knees. Isn't that the purpose of a boycott?

Old 07-25-2012, 11:56 AM

100 posts, read 142,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
Oh, and of course I'd love to see Cathy and his bigoted little chicken shack brought to their knees. Isn't that the purpose of a boycott?
Me too. I think some people don't understand what a boycott is, maybe? They might be confusing it with standing outside abortion clinics shouting at women (which is harassment).

But I fail to see where all the attacks are coming from. The OP asked a question 'What do YOU think?'. All Roslyn did was say why she thought it was wrong and she would no longer eat there. She was just answering the question.

This whole thread is getting too much like a Snickers bar (sticky and full of nuts)....

Old 07-25-2012, 12:02 PM

80 posts, read 132,750 times
Quote:
And he told the world his beliefswhen he did the interview, where's the exagerration?
The interview he did was with a Christian newspaper; hardly the "world wide audience" you seem to think it is. In fact the circulation of the coalition of papers The Baptist Press belongs to is about 1million. If someone hadn't gotten a hold of the paper that is seen by a third of a percent of the Americn public and reported in the mainstream media, you wouldn't even know about it. So again, stop overstating the forum the man made these comments in.

Quote:
I think some people don't understand what a boycott is, maybe?
Yes I am sure they are all confused. That or they recognize that you can not both support a persons right to free speech AND support a boycott which seeks to motivate someone to change that speech.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:07 PM

100 posts, read 142,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDS! View Post
The interview he did was with a Christian newspaper; hardly the "world wide audience" you seem to think it is. In fact the circulation of the coalition of papers The Baptist Press belongs to is about 1million. If someone hadn't gotten a hold of the paper that is seen by a third of a percent of the Americn public and reported in the mainstream media, you wouldn't even know about it. So again, stop overstating the forum the man made these comments in.

Yes I am sure they are all confused. That or they recognize that you can not both support a persons right to free speech AND support a boycott which seeks to motivate someone to change that speech.
I don't want him to change his views. Why would i bother, he never will. I just won't spend my money at his restaurants. He has a right to say things that offend people and I have a right to be offended.
He can say what he wants but he has to realize that what you say has consequences, especially if you are a high-profile business owner. That's life.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:08 PM

2,047 posts, read 4,620,764 times
Quote:

Mr. Cathy is the CEO of a multi-million dollar corporation. When he speaks people listen. There can be no assumption of privacy in this multi media age. And again, I don't want him to change his speech. I don't give a darn what he believes or says for that matter. I want to deprive him of the resources he uses to impose his beliefs on others.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:24 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,863,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
Mr. Cathy is the CEO of a multi-million dollar corporation. When he speaks people listen. There can be no assumption of privacy in this multi media age. And again, I don't want him to change his speech. I don't give a darn what he believes or says for that matter. I want to deprive him of the resources he uses to impose his beliefs on others.
And just as many if not more will buy from him to make up for those that hold a bigoted attitude toward conservative Christians. Like I said before, Chick-Fil-A sounds great for lunch. Think I will head there now....

Old 07-25-2012, 12:27 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
You'd like for Cathy to either suffer irreversible financial misfortune or for him to (at least publically) reverse his stance.
Well they already released a subsequent statement attempting to basically say they were not going to advocate on the issue publicly anymore, possibly from realizing the perception of this whole thing could result in some negative effect on their business.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:26 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,558 times
They are entitled to their stance. Its their funding of anti-gay agendas that has ruffled many feathers (pun intended).

Old 07-25-2012, 02:33 PM

811 posts, read 1,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
They are entitled to their stance. Its their funding of anti-gay agendas that has ruffled many feathers (pun intended).
How many corporations support dishonorable organizations with verbal and monetary support?

Lots.

Chick-Fil-A supports honorable, Godly organizations.

There's a huge DIFFERENCE!

Some organizations support Planned Parenthood which advocates the murder of the unborn.

Chick-Fil-A supports organizations that apply Godly love to those involved in sin.

HUGE DIFFERENCE. HUGE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta