Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 11:33 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Yes and green marine understood me quite well Mutiny. You wont, we are too different.
No he didn't; he asked the same question the rest of us did:
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What does endowments and liberals have to do with this?
Can you simply explain what it is you're getting at? I don't know why you're being so clandestine about the whole thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 11:42 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
No he didn't; he asked the same question the rest of us did:
Can you simply explain what it is you're getting at? I don't know why you're being so clandestine about the whole thing.
No. I do support HBCUs

Old 12-01-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
No. I do support HBCUs
Weird.

Old 12-02-2016, 11:06 PM

1,462 posts, read 1,430,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHonchoATL View Post
HBCUs may be more in danger of closing than other schools - Business Insider

HBCU graduates don't support HBCUs enough. Do they not value their experience there and regret their decision to limit themselves there or did their college experience fail to open lucrative careers which would allow them to give back?
Are ypu aware that the only black American Billionaires have ALL gone to HBCU's?That includes Oprah?
They must have gotten enough of a good education to become so wealthy.

Old 12-02-2016, 11:33 PM

Quote:
I have been in the area, but I have never been on any of the campuses. I have seen some of the school gatherings from MLK when driving through.
I think what rubs me the wrong way about the AUC is the endowment numbers from wiki
$66.7 million Clark
$130 million Morehouse
$367 million Spelman

Maybe these numbers are wrong, but I have a strong feeling these donations come from liberal supporters.
Say these numbers are correct, the math says Clark only gets 11.88 % of all the endowment going to the AUC in total. Even with Clark being the bigger school of the AUC.
Morehouse and Spelman are considered "legacy schools".They have long been schools that have strong support from their allumnus as well as wealthy African Americans that often give to these schools they have never been to.

Spelman and Morehouse are no different than other mainstream colleges that receive resources from liberal as well as other sources.
Coca Cola foundation for example has given lots of money to many of the schools.

Old 12-03-2016, 07:31 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Othello Is Here View Post
Morehouse and Spelman are considered "legacy schools".They have long been schools that have strong support from their allumnus as well as wealthy African Americans that often give to these schools they have never been to.

Spelman and Morehouse are no different than other mainstream colleges that receive resources from liberal as well as other sources.
Coca Cola foundation for example has given lots of money to many of the schools.
Yep, just as I thought. My assumption rings true. Thanks man.

Old 12-03-2016, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Yep, just as I thought. My assumption rings true. Thanks man.
Also wanted to add that CAU has never had the prestige Morehouse or Spelman have had.Howard Florida A&M are other schools with fairly decent endowments.

Old 12-03-2016, 08:15 PM

643 posts, read 571,754 times
Quote:
Also wanted to add that CAU has never had the prestige Morehouse or Spelman have had.Howard Florida A&M are other schools with fairly decent endowments.
The Morehouse prestige died years ago. The school is in a death spiral where they'll admit anyone willing to pay tuition.

Old 12-03-2016, 08:25 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,389,593 times
Quote:
Are ypu aware that the only black American Billionaires have ALL gone to HBCU's?That includes Oprah?
They must have gotten enough of a good education to become so wealthy.
I doubt their college made the difference. Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg didn't even graduate and are immensely rich. It's more the person than the college.

Old 12-04-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHonchoATL View Post
The Morehouse prestige died years ago. The school is in a death spiral where they'll admit anyone willing to pay tuition.
Nope, Morehouse still has plenty of prestige. It has its challenges like many other schools but it's hardly in a death spiral; give me a break gtcorndog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta