Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 5,232 times

Advertisements

Waitlisted at Lovett and have not heard anything other than they will have a better idea this week of how it will move. I plan to follow up on Thursday morning. Anyone else heard anything regarding waitlists?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 08:58 PM

1 posts, read 5,209 times
I just wanted to respond to this thread - many people asked about children being accepted, not legacy or siblings. My son was accepted to westminster for pre first (with a late spring birthday), not legacy or a sibling, from St. Anne's preschool in Buckhead. We had several students accepted for pre first this year.

We were wait listed at Trinity, but accepted to Lovett as well. We didn't apply to Pace, but it looks like a very nice school. I will consider it for my daughter when we go through the process for her.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:46 AM

1 posts, read 5,138 times
Also wondering if anyone has heard anything from the Buckhead schools about wait list status. My son is wait listed for 9th grade at Pace. Was told on Monday that they had only heard back from 1/3 of their accepted applicants, which is apparently unusual. Thinking maybe some of those kids are waitlisted elsewhere. I'm planning on hand delivering our deposit to our second choice school tomorrow.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:58 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,691,369 times
I have been away for a bit and have missed these new threads, but if you think the school would work for your child even though it might not be your first choice I would put a deposit down. I really wanted Westminster for my son but he was not accepted and ended up at Lovett(I had family members attend Lovett, including a sister, I graduated from a NYC private school). I have been very happy even though it was my second choice. But if your child is young you have to remember the school that you are calling your second choice, is your second choice not your child's. Their self esteem will not be ruined because they did not attend your first choice. And for most people how much lower is their second choice?

As others have pointed out if you have the choice of a k-12 vs. k-8 go with the k-12. I would not risk my child's HS education on my preference of the k-8 school. Competing for a k or prek spot is a whole different game than a freshman spot. But your child might want to change... one of our children is contemplating applying to another school for 2014-15.(he is at another k-12 school).

Old 04-22-2013, 09:06 AM

2 posts, read 9,069 times
I am also curious now if anyone heard anything since it is now past the decision date. Our son was waitlisted at Westminster and accepted at AIS for 6th grade (we didn't apply anywhere else). We didn't hear anything from Westminster so we paid our deposit for AIS. However, I read in the contract that we have up to June 1 as the final commitment date before we are liable for tuition for the year. Is this true for all the schools? Is it unlikely to hear anything during this time? Thank you very much for all the prior posts as they have been very helpful to read everyone's comments. We have been living out of the country for 5 years and feel quite out of touch with this entire process. So it feels great to have a place to talk to other parents in Atlanta before we arrive to start school.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:51 AM

2,307 posts, read 2,995,264 times
Congratulations on your son's acceptance to AIS! That is great news! All the schools are different, I believe my daughter's final commitment date at her school is July 1st. So, yes, assuming you read the AIS contract correctly, you can stay on the waitlist at Westminster until May 31st. Chances of movement from Westminster's waitlist are very, very unlikely during this period, but not impossible, I guess. However, AIS is an awesome school, spots there are coveted, and you all can relax and enjoy your summer. Your son can look forward to a great middle and high school experience at AIS!

Old 05-02-2013, 03:36 PM

2 posts, read 9,069 times
Default thank you

Thanks AtlJan! We are very excited about AIS (as is our son). This was a very informative thread and I appreciate everyone's input. Now I just have to get us moved!

Old 02-12-2014, 05:57 PM

126 posts, read 287,899 times
I'm curious...and since this is a Westminster thread...with 6th grade being an expansion grade, does anyone know how many spots they typically have in 6th grade and how many applications do they typically get for those spots?

Old 08-29-2014, 09:04 AM

1 posts, read 2,748 times
To the question ”Why private school for elementary”? Mark Twain once said “Give me a boy until he is 7 and I will give you the man”!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta