Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 12:53 PM

23,507 posts, read 44,182,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
I don't know how long you've been here or care to look, but the tone screamed it.

That comment makes no sense considering the vast number of forums dedicated to smaller cities as well as larger ones.
How long have I been here? My posting history should give you some idea if you care to look. And the preference the average CD poster has for larger cities should be painfully obvious to an experienced poster.
Just thinking how wealthy I'd be if I had a dollar for every Charlotte v Atlanta thread I've seen on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 01:00 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,150,036 times
Quote:
My posting history should give you some idea if you care to look
I already stated that I didn't care to.

Quote:
the average CD poster has for larger cities should be painfully obvious to an experienced poster.
It's going to be relative of course....

Quote:
Just thinking how wealthy I'd be if I had a dollar for every Charlotte v Atlanta thread I've seen on here.
We would both be rich.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:56 PM

53 posts, read 96,581 times
Atlanta and Charlotte are both lame cities that have nothing in common with places like NY, SF, and Boston. However, they both offer nice suburban living and are very inexpensive. They're very similar cities.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:52 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,693,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShlomoLowenstein View Post
Atlanta and Charlotte are both lame cities that have nothing in common with places like NY, SF, and Boston. However, they both offer nice suburban living and are very inexpensive. They're very similar cities.
When an adult uses lame to describe a city... hmmm

Old 07-11-2013, 05:29 AM

53 posts, read 96,581 times
When an adult writes "hmmm...."

Old 07-11-2013, 05:45 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,889,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaLakeSearch View Post
NC has become more Republican leaning meaning their taxes will probably decrease gradually.
where did you get the information that NC is becoming more republican leaning? the republican takeover of the south happened in the 80s, and it wasn't a big policy change on the state and local level, it was simply the same "good old boys" who were southern democrats, switching parties to a republican party that had renewed emphasis on social conservative issues.

however, NC for the past 10 years and GA for about the last 5, have had increased immigrant popuations, increased minority populations, and an increase in population from other parts of the country moving in... this was evident the most in 2008 when north carolina went to obama. however, that was a fluke because obama's first election was such a landslide. turnout was lower and he wasn't able to pick up NC again in 2012.

but that does not mean that NC shifted back to the right— it's just further evidence that NC has become the textbook definition of a swing state; back in the 90s and early 2000s, NC was regarded as a solid red state. due to the demographic shifts, NC will probably become a solid blue state in the next 10 years. so you are definitely mistaken believing that NC is becoming more republican.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:23 AM

37,904 posts, read 42,078,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
where did you get the information that NC is becoming more republican leaning? the republican takeover of the south happened in the 80s, and it wasn't a big policy change on the state and local level, it was simply the same "good old boys" who were southern democrats, switching parties to a republican party that had renewed emphasis on social conservative issues.

however, NC for the past 10 years and GA for about the last 5, have had increased immigrant popuations, increased minority populations, and an increase in population from other parts of the country moving in... this was evident the most in 2008 when north carolina went to obama. however, that was a fluke because obama's first election was such a landslide. turnout was lower and he wasn't able to pick up NC again in 2012.

but that does not mean that NC shifted back to the right— it's just further evidence that NC has become the textbook definition of a swing state; back in the 90s and early 2000s, NC was regarded as a solid red state. due to the demographic shifts, NC will probably become a solid blue state in the next 10 years. so you are definitely mistaken believing that NC is becoming more republican.
I think he's referring to the GOP takeover of the NC state legislature in 2010 which has resulted in a rather dramatic rightward shift in state politics.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:48 PM

23,507 posts, read 44,182,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShlomoLowenstein View Post
When an adult writes "hmmm...."
When you become an adult, then let's talk.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:17 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,963,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post

//www.city-data.com/forum/north...-carolina.html

Old 07-11-2013, 08:21 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,963,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Just think how wealthy you'd be if you had a dollar for every time your posts have been read?

$14 MILLION DOLLARS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta