Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 10:53 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,863,348 times

Advertisements

Travon definitely got a bump when the POTUS decided to chime in. You can't deny that. Same with the Boston policeman and the AA professor. That is what angers me. The "post" racial president stirring the racial pot when it can serve his agenda.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:06 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I dont see where anything has been proven. Anyone that follows the news cycle of the national media knows there is credence in what I say. It's not just white on black crime; its white on anything crime. The white man that shot an Asian boy on Halloween in Louisiana. The Utah doctor accused of murdering his wife. These are the stories that draw prolonged media attention.
The media even coined the term 'White Hispanic' to describe George Zimmerman; I infer that was done to underscore the sensational nature of the case.
I know we've gone somewhat OT here. My apologies.
So I post links of national media outlets providing coverage of instances of murders in which Blacks were the assailants and Whites were the victims, yet this isn't proof that such instances aren't "of interest to national media"????

I know absolutely nothing on those incidents you're talking about; are you saying that they will get the exposure that the Martin case did simply because the assailants were White and the victims were non-White?

And "White Hispanic" isn't a media-coined term. "Hispanic" refers to ethnicity, while "White" refers to race. There are White Hispanics and Black Hispanics.

Like I said, you just can't argue with someone who's committed to their agenda above all else.

Last edited by Mutiny77; 10-24-2013 at 11:15 AM..

Old 10-24-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Why would there need to be protests, federal investigations, and weeks of media coverage in this case? The murderer was promptly arrested and is awaiting trial. In other words, justice so far has been served. You don't need protests or media coverage when the system actually works the way it supposed to. SMH
Pretty sad that people don't realize that this is why the Martin incident got the exposure it did.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Travon definitely got a bump when the POTUS decided to chime in. You can't deny that. Same with the Boston policeman and the AA professor. That is what angers me. The "post" racial president stirring the racial pot when it can serve his agenda.
If that was the case, he'd make a big deal about Republican politicians who have made obvious racial/racist statements about him. Yet he's purposely backed away from such, which is almost irritating to an extent.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
If that was the case, he'd make a big deal about Republican politicians who have made obvious racial/racist statements about him. Yet he's purposely backed away from such, which is almost irritating to an extent.
Please post examples of Republicans making racist statements. I don't see these at all. I see any critique of his leadership failures or any disagreement with his liberal agenda spun as racism.

The one thing I had hope for when Obama was elected was that finally we would get past some of the old racial stigmas that have held us back for so long. I am of the conservative/libertarian persuasion with my politics so I was looking for a silver lining to the hard left turn the country took in his ascendance. This one area where I thought things would get better have gotten worse. Your post proves it. You cannot critique the shortcomings of this administration without it getting labeled racist.

Instead of moving forward in the race arena, we have moved not necessarily backwards, but to a place that isn't much better and maybe worse.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:23 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,691,599 times
Quote:
So I post links of national media outlets providing coverage of instances of murders in which Blacks were the assailants and Whites were the victims, yet this isn't proof that such instances aren't "of interest to national media"????

I know absolutely nothing on those incidents you're talking about; are you saying that they will get the exposure that the Martin case did simply because the assailants were White and the victims were non-White?

And "White Hispanic" isn't a media-coined term. "Hispanic" refers to ethnicity, while "White" refers to race. There are White Hispanics and Black Hispanics.

Like I said, you just can't argue with someone who's committed to their agenda above all else.
And Barack Obama is biracial.

I am a White Hispanic and I know if GZ had discovered a new vaccination the NY Times would call him just Hispanic.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:35 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,139,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Please post examples of Republicans making racist statements. I don't see these at all. I see any critique of his leadership failures or any disagreement with his liberal agenda spun as racism.

The one thing I had hope for when Obama was elected was that finally we would get past some of the old racial stigmas that have held us back for so long. I am of the conservative/libertarian persuasion with my politics so I was looking for a silver lining to the hard left turn the country took in his ascendance. This one area where I thought things would get better have gotten worse. Your post proves it. You cannot critique the shortcomings of this administration without it getting labeled racist.

Instead of moving forward in the race arena, we have moved not necessarily backwards, but to a place that isn't much better and maybe worse.
Top 5 Racist Comments of Election 2012, By Republican Presidential Candidates - PolicyMic

LOL. A simple google search can find you plenty of racist statements made by Republican politicians.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Top 5 Racist Comments of Election 2012, By Republican Presidential Candidates - PolicyMic

LOL. A simple google search can find you plenty of racist statements made by Republican politicians.
Really? REALLY? That's the best you can do?

Yes, I can google racist republican comments and find attack posts all over the place trying to demonize the right with the race card all day long. Show me something that is ACTUALLY racist in content.

More prrof of my assertion above.

But we digress, this is off topic, so I will leave my comments at that.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:02 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgialakesearch View Post
and barack obama is biracial.

I am a white hispanic and i know if gz had discovered a new vaccination the ny times would call him just hispanic.
bam.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:07 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:

No agenda. I'm simply committed to the truth. I feel sorry for those that cant see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta