Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 11:16 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

The Marietta Daily Journal - Arrest made in shooting death of KSU student

If you do the crime, you do the time, period, no excuses. Disturbing behavior. The person who did that can rot in prison for all I care.

This is a tragedy. I went to KSU, and graduated from there. I used to live in Kennesaw. It does hit close to home for me because I was a crime victim in Kennesaw myself, and for some other reason I will discuss later.

It isn't so much scary as it is sad. It is scary in a sense because I once lived in Kennesaw. It is sad because it no longer surprises me to hear about stuff involving road rage, or crap like this.

It also disturbs me because I figured some people would try and make a race issue out of this(the shooter being Black, the victim being White, both female). It is stuff like this that can turn a place upside down. In the wake of the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman controversy, this is the last thing anyone needs.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:54 PM

She faced a judge a short time ago. Currently being held without bond.

Suspect in Kennesaw State student's road rage death faces judge | www.wsbtv.com

Old 10-17-2013, 08:33 AM

7,112 posts, read 10,133,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It also disturbs me because I figured some people would try and make a race issue out of this(the shooter being Black, the victim being White, both female). It is stuff like this that can turn a place upside down. In the wake of the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman controversy, this is the last thing anyone needs.
Had it been the other way around, it would have been a major national story with protests, federal investigations and hearings, and weeks of media coveage.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
Had it been the other way around, it would have been a major national story with protests, federal investigations and hearings, and weeks of media coveage.
As I was saying, the last thing we need is this being turned into a racial situation.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:50 AM

7,112 posts, read 10,133,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
As I was saying, the last thing we need is this being turned into a racial situation.
In this case...it won't.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
In this case...it won't.
The same could be said about the case in Joliet,IL where two Black men were murdered and dismembered by two White males and two White females. It never made national news. I never heard about it until months after it happened(at it happened this year). No race issue was made from it as far as I know.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:34 AM

Being a Black male, I had to think about the fact that this was a Black female who murdered a White female. It was mainly about how I thought other people would perceive this that scared me. From what I heard, there were some Cobb County residents making this into a racial issues, albeit on forums and social media.

My own personal opinion is this. That woman committed murder. She does the crime, she can do the crime. She can rot in prison for the rest of her life. This was just wrong. Road rage? Killing someone over being angry with another driver? It would take a sick-minded person to think like that, or someone who is unstable. And this woman had a history of getting in trouble with the law with other violence.

I did have to think about the idea of racial tension taking place. This is why. After the stuff with Martin/Zimmerman, those teenage boys in Brunswick, and other crap, it is something to consider. This even appeared in this website: Stuff Black People Don't Like - SBPDL

Whether or not the killer will be punished is a moot point. She'll go under the prison. What will worry me is some people turning this into "see, this is what happens when Black people live near you".

Old 10-17-2013, 12:12 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Not to worry. Black on white crime is of absolutely no interest to the national media.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Not to worry. Black on white crime is of absolutely no interest to the national media.
The murders in Joliet(White on Black) didn't make the national news either.

Aside from that, just because it doesn't make national news doesn't mean there won't be people who grumble and turn things into a race issue. Realistically, I look at that murder as a low-life thug who was in trouble with the law from day one. What is sad is that someone who had nothing to do with her antics and stupidity got caught up in it. Kim Kilgore didn't know this woman, had nothing to do with her, she became a victim of someone's road rage, all because some woman couldn't get her way. I often ask myself "what possesses someone to murder someone off of something petty"?

Old 10-17-2013, 01:14 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,385 times
How is her death any different from the other thousands of road rage deaths that happen every year? I can't think of any that have made big national news.

Also, a lot of stories that make it big in the media do so because the family did a lot of pushing and yelling for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta